It's 20 degrees with Icy Roads again in Denver...

It's almost May... It's been under 10 degrees recently...

Do I have to start driving Leaded Gasoline Powered Cars again to get Global Warming back up and running?... :dunno:

Oh... More Snow and Colder Temps longer IS Global Warming?...

Got it.

Is algore still Hibernating?...

:)

peace...

In the first place, snow and freezing temperatures on the plains of Colorado isn't all that uncommon in April. One of the worst blizzards I ever encountered was in eastern Colorado (east of the Rockies) in April.
I'd lived all over Boulder County (mostly, in Louisville), from March '75, thru December '95, and, remember VERY few Mays when we didn't get those wet, heavy, Northeast-style snows, that (also) had a tendency to shut-down I-80 & I-70, as they'd continued, Eastward.

wow, you must have been in some bermuda triangle like thing there. Seeing as Boulder is just to your west and they had only 2 yrs (78 & 79) that had any snow to be considered between those years you stated!
ESRL : PSD : Boulder Colorado monthly snowfall totals

Do I have to start driving Leaded Gasoline Powered Cars again to get Global Warming back up and running?... :dunno:

Got it.

peace...

29 with mostly clear roads........ And all the snow from this morning has melted........ You're on the wrong side of the Palmer Divide...... :eusa_whistle:

It's 20 degrees with Icy Roads again in Denver...

April has been the 2nd-snowiest month of the year in Denver, continuously since the 1800s.

There's nothing new about this.

Why are you acting surprised?

In the first place, snow and freezing temperatures on the plains of Colorado isn't all that uncommon in April. One of the worst blizzards I ever encountered was in eastern Colorado (east of the Rockies) in April.
I'd lived all over Boulder County (mostly, in Louisville), from March '75, thru December '95, and, remember VERY few Mays when we didn't get those wet, heavy, Northeast-style snows, that (also) had a tendency to shut-down I-80 & I-70, as they'd continued, Eastward.

wow, you must have been in some bermuda triangle like thing there. Seeing as Boulder is just to your west and they had only 2 yrs (78 & 79) that had any snow to be considered between those years you stated!
ESRL : PSD : Boulder Colorado monthly snowfall totals

They want it to be so... so for them it is. :thup:

peace...

Got it.

peace...
The global warming enviro nazis are also claiming the unusually cold weather is due to.....global warming...

This isn't a serious post is it??? :confused:

I am fearful that it is, which makes me truly worry that people like you are allowed to operate motor vehicles on public roads and vote in national elections.

the liberal mind is not capable of understanding sarcasm.

Ok good, I thought he might have been serious. Because anyone with a half decent education knows that global warming is real and that day to day weather is not indicative of an overall climate shift.

Glad we cleared that up.
It's real in your mind because you want to believe it.
You want to believe it because those on your side have told you it is so..

Secondly, and to your larger point, yes global warming really can lead to colder temperatures in certain locations. It has to do with the dislocation of warm ocean currents by ice melt.

For instance (and I'm speaking theoretically here), massive ice melt in the Arctic can feed colder waters into the north Pacific, causing the Japanese Current to turn south earlier and farther south than it typically does. Since the weather systems affecting Colorado are typically born over the Japanese Current, such a dislocation could result in storms leaving their usual track and heading farther south. Melting ice can also affect the location and power of the Alaska Gyre, which is also a big weather producer. We could see the same thing in relation to the Gulf Stream, where global warming would result in colder and longer winters for northern Europe.

LOL, your "logic" fails on so many levels its not worth addressing.

warming causes cooling----------duh, and light causes darkness. OK

Just because you fail to understand the logic, doesn't mean the logic fails, it means you fail. It's all about the average temperature, not whether one place is cooler or warmer than normal, that's called WEATHER.

Right.. And there is no empirical evidence that proves any climate shift is due to human activity.
Oh there is plenty of opinion. But no hard evidence.

Got it.

peace...
The global warming enviro nazis are also claiming the unusually cold weather is due to.....global warming...

Of course they are... They're Liberals... Lying to Forward their Agenda is like Breathing...

peace...

Got it.

peace...

Of course they are... They're Liberals... Lying to Forward their Agenda is like Breathing...

peace...

we had another big round of global warming out this way

the past couple of days

--LOL

the liberal mind is not capable of understanding sarcasm.

Ok good, I thought he might have been serious. Because anyone with a half decent education knows that global warming is real and that day to day weather is not indicative of an overall climate shift.

Glad we cleared that up.
It's real in your mind because you want to believe it.
You want to believe it because those on your side have told you it is so..

LOL, "my side". You must be referring to the side of common sense and fact based conclusions?

anyone recall the ice age that kept the Illinois/surrounding states in a deep freeze during the 70's? what caused that?

Hell yeah I recall it. Had to walk to school everyday and it was up hill both ways and we didn't have any legs .....................AND WE LOVED IT. (anyone who remembers that joke reference should also remember the last ice age)

Global Warming is Returning with a Malice... It's going to be 80 on Sunday...

For your Sea Level Fuckers who can't touch the Sun like we can up here, that's like 90 or 95 to you. :thup:

peace...

Got it.

peace...

Secondly, and to your larger point, yes global warming really can lead to colder temperatures in certain locations. It has to do with the dislocation of warm ocean currents by ice melt.

For instance (and I'm speaking theoretically here), massive ice melt in the Arctic can feed colder waters into the north Pacific, causing the Japanese Current to turn south earlier and farther south than it typically does. Since the weather systems affecting Colorado are typically born over the Japanese Current, such a dislocation could result in storms leaving their usual track and heading farther south. Melting ice can also affect the location and power of the Alaska Gyre, which is also a big weather producer. We could see the same thing in relation to the Gulf Stream, where global warming would result in colder and longer winters for northern Europe.

I've heard this lame-ass argument before and while it is based on known science, it CONTRADICTS the global warming claims that are out there. If AGW is true, why are there so many lies about it?

And why is it that if it's hotter than normal anywhere, it's due to global warming and is proof, but if it's colder than normal anywhere it's weather and not proof?

AGW is a scam, pure and simple.

Got it.

peace...

I've heard this lame-ass argument before and while it is based on known science, it CONTRADICTS the global warming claims that are out there. If AGW is true, why are there so many lies about it?

How does known science contradict global warming claims?

And, why are there so many lies from the other side?

The fact is that both sides lie to support their positions and, in the meantime, climate change is taking place and we're not doing a damn thing to prepare for it. We're too busy arguing over the absolute positions of humans are causing it vs humans are not causing when, in fact, any rational person knows the number of people on the earth is at least a CONTRIBUTING FACTOR.

However, that perfectly sane position isn't good enough for either side and here we sit, watching the predicted effects come true while both sides try to "prove" their extremist position with junk science and outright lies.

And why is it that if it's hotter than normal anywhere, it's due to global warming and is proof, but if it's colder than normal anywhere it's weather and not proof?

AGW is a scam, pure and simple.

Ignorance is bliss, pure and simple.

I'm pretty positive your ancestors were quoted as saying "of course the earth is flat, if you look far enough you can see the edge. The round earth theory is a scam, pure and simple."

Forum List

Back