It's Daylight

I start getting depressed after June 21st, only because I know the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. Some people tell me they love winter. I've never understood that.

Pfft Alaska sun path time lapse:

23050-004-8CD20EBA.jpg

:p
Love it. But now to be fair, show us where the sun barely peeks over the horizon during the winter.

I start getting depressed after June 21st, only because I know the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. Some people tell me they love winter. I've never understood that.
:rofl::rofl:

Me TOO!! hahahaha! who would have thunk, we have something in common? ;)

:beer:

Okay, Alaska winter sun path: (couldn't find one in the same area, but this ones cool cause it has the time on it)

JuneauWinterSolstice864x276.jpg

(Edit: This ones from Juneau. The other was taken further north, I think it was from Barrow but I'm not entirely sure.)

I start getting depressed after June 21st,
i know!! depressing knowing the days are getting shorter from that day onward....

but in the Fall I get excited about Dec 21st actually getting here too, so every day, will be getting longer after that point!

Here in Tennessee its light enough to wake us at 0445. Get out to the garden by 0530 for a couple hours work

-Geaux

I'm from Tennessee. I miss that place.

Where at? I'm in Indian Mound west of Clarksville

-Geaux
the same Clarksville in this song?

Last Train to Clarksville
The Monkees

Take the last train to Clarksville
And I'll meet you at the station
You can be there by four-thirty
'Cause I've made your reservation, don't be slow
Oh, no, no, no
Oh, no, no, no

Here in Tennessee its light enough to wake us at 0445. Get out to the garden by 0530 for a couple hours work

-Geaux

I'm from Tennessee. I miss that place.

Where at? I'm in Indian Mound west of Clarksville

-Geaux
the same Clarksville in this song?

Last Train to Clarksville
The Monkees

Take the last train to Clarksville
And I'll meet you at the station
You can be there by four-thirty
'Cause I've made your reservation, don't be slow
Oh, no, no, no
Oh, no, no, no

I always liked that song. I used to watch the Monkey's TV show. It was fun, followed by Hogans Heros

-Geaux

it's been daylight for about 30 minutes already up here!!! or out east. like us in Maine! about 4:30 am you can walk your dog and not need a flash light!
7:51 I’m still the only one at the dog park. Here comes someone finally

Daylight here, too.

Gonna knock some work out and pretty much have the rest of the day free. Early bird catches the worm. lol.
The youngsters sleep in late. I have the dogs walked by 10am they sleep till noon. Of course theyre up till 3am I’m in bed by midnight

Sandy Daughter lives in Bangor Has a crazy cat too but strictly indoors I'm on LI in NY but spend winters in Florida Hate the cold weather I tell my daughter she's nuts living there but some of the pictures she sends are beautiful IMO winters too long summers too short Over here birds start chirping 530 600 I'm up before that watching CNBC for stock stuff

Sandy Daughter lives in Bangor Has a crazy cat too but strictly indoors I'm on LI in NY but spend winters in Florida Hate the cold weather I tell my daughter she's nuts living there but some of the pictures she sends are beautiful IMO winters too long summers too short Over here birds start chirping 530 600 I'm up before that watching CNBC for stock stuff
my family is in Florida, so I visit in winter down there....will be moving to Fl this coming winter....

my family is in Florida, so I visit in winter down there....will be moving to Fl this coming winter....
I'm in Ft Lauderdale right on the beach

You're welcome to visit Ocean is great.................except when it's hurricane season

it's been daylight for about 30 minutes already up here!!! or out east. like us in Maine! about 4:30 am you can walk your dog and not need a flash light!

What time does the sunset care4 all?

Down here around 9 pm
it's still daylight at 9 pm here too.... yu can still walk the dog without a flash light.......

we have longer days than you all in the south.... during the summer, and much shorter days than you in the winter!

the long daylight in our very short summers, allows us to grow crops to fruition, in a shorter time period....
Sun path - Wikipedia

Your welcome

You're welcome to visit Ocean is great.................except when it's hurricane season
I worked in Miami and Ft Laud when young, but then the company moved to the west coast, tampa/st pete, and I fell in love with the Gulf, and the gulf Beaches, and sunsets.....

When I lived in New Jersey, (and was young) every Spring Break we went down to FT Lauderdale for vacay, with a bunch of friends....one of their parents had a condo winter home in the southern area of Pompano beach that we got to stay at for free.....!!!

Forum List

Back