It's Daylight

Sandy Daughter lives in Bangor Has a crazy cat too but strictly indoors I'm on LI in NY but spend winters in Florida Hate the cold weather I tell my daughter she's nuts living there but some of the pictures she sends are beautiful IMO winters too long summers too short Over here birds start chirping 530 600 I'm up before that watching CNBC for stock stuff
my family is in Florida, so I visit in winter down there....will be moving to Fl this coming winter....
You're welcome to visit Ocean is great.................except when it's hurricane season
I worked in Miami and Ft Laud when young, but then the company moved to the west coast, tampa/st pete, and I fell in love with the Gulf, and the gulf Beaches, and sunsets.....

When I lived in New Jersey, (and was young) every Spring Break we went down to FT Lauderdale for vacay, with a bunch of friends....one of their parents had a condo winter home in the southern area of Pompano beach that we got to stay at for free.....!!!
Free is good especially when on spring break

Here in Tennessee its light enough to wake us at 0445. Get out to the garden by 0530 for a couple hours work

-Geaux

I'm from Tennessee. I miss that place.

Where at? I'm in Indian Mound west of Clarksville

-Geaux

Just a short walk north of Backbone Rock andShady Valley. The house is on the Tennessee side but the other half of the property is on the Virginia side. The closest little town was Damascus.

When you were talking about going out to your garden, It brought back memories. Ours was the size of a football field. We have a spring there right down the mountain in front of the house. Itself next to the beavercreek. Some of those waterfalls in the mountains are majestic.

it's been daylight for about 30 minutes already up here!!! or out east. like us in Maine! about 4:30 am you can walk your dog and not need a flash light!
You do know that by rights we are supposed to be in the next time zone? Maritime, I think they call it? I can't remember. Same as New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, et al. I took a vacay in Canada once, and the sunrise at around 5:30a was a lot more sane than that light creeping in the window at 4 a.m.
Sunday, June 10, 2018 (EDT)
Sunrise 4:41 AM
8:14 PM Sunset

it's been daylight for about 30 minutes already up here!!! or out east. like us in Maine! about 4:30 am you can walk your dog and not need a flash light!

What time does the sunset care4 all?

Down here around 9 pm
it's still daylight at 9 pm here too.... yu can still walk the dog without a flash light.......

we have longer days than you all in the south.... during the summer, and much shorter days than you in the winter!

the long daylight in our very short summers, allows us to grow crops to fruition, in a shorter time period....

When I lived in Chicago it was rare to have days last till 9pm ..
It only lasts for around 60 days at the most around here, till 9pm or a little after.... it is still dusk....

in winter, when we change time....it is dusk at 3:30 pm, dark by 4pm or 4:15pm.... it's gosh awful!

3:30 pm?

Jesus.. i would be pissed.
Depressed is more like it. People buy sun lamps. For real.

What time does the sunset care4 all?

Down here around 9 pm
it's still daylight at 9 pm here too.... yu can still walk the dog without a flash light.......

we have longer days than you all in the south.... during the summer, and much shorter days than you in the winter!

the long daylight in our very short summers, allows us to grow crops to fruition, in a shorter time period....

It only lasts for around 60 days at the most around here, till 9pm or a little after.... it is still dusk....

in winter, when we change time....it is dusk at 3:30 pm, dark by 4pm or 4:15pm.... it's gosh awful!

Really?

No way..

Really?

No way..
Go to work in the dark come home in the dark

You do know that by rights we are supposed to be in the next time zone? Maritime, I think they call it? I can't remember. Same as New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, et al. I took a vacay in Canada once, and the sunrise at around 5:30a was a lot more sane than that light creeping in the window at 4 a.m.
heard that about the time zone!

daylight/dawn begins at around 4:20am here....maybe 20 minutes before the sun rises from behind the Ridge....

And it's completely dark at around 9:05-9:15pm

it's awesome!

heard that about the time zone!

daylight/dawn begins at around 4:20am here....maybe 20 minutes before the sun rises from behind the Ridge....

And it's completely dark at around 9:05-9:15pm

it's awesome!
It hurts me to miss it all lol Probably better than arguing with sayit tycho and LA Ram

You have the same sunrise time as we do Care. It's always been a bit funny to me. So like we've got sunrise 4:20-4:30am and sunset at 11:30pm-midnightish. The reports always say "19 hour day" blah blah blah, but the reality (for us) is that's just when the sun is visible over the mountains - it's pretty much 'daylight' 23 hours a day. I used to yell at the weathermen when I was a kid because we lived higher up a mountain and the sun never really disappeared :p

We have the very earliest sunrise in the USA way up here! In fact, come June 21, longest day of the year, we have tourists that specifically come to witness the earliest sunrise from the cliffs near Acadia National Park, or from Bar Harbor..... they haul their folding chairs out to the ocean, when pitch black and wait, to watch the sun rise at 4 am something!

Is Bar Harbor pronounced Bah Habbuh?

I notice the difference between Central and Northern California. I lived at 37 degrees latitude until I was 22, and have mostly lived at 40 degrees since. Up here we get 20 minutes more daylight at summer solstice and 20 minutes less at winter solstice.

You have the same sunrise time as we do Care. It's always been a bit funny to me. So like we've got sunrise 4:20-4:30am and sunset at 11:30pm-midnightish. The reports always say "19 hour day" blah blah blah, but the reality (for us) is that's just when the sun is visible over the mountains - it's pretty much 'daylight' 23 hours a day. I used to yell at the weathermen when I was a kid because we lived higher up a mountain and the sun never really disappeared :p
Daylight here, just let the cat outside, and a neighbor just drove by to go to work....people are early risers here!!!

Yep, you are daylight all day....screw 19 hrs!!!!

I was up at 3:45am and it was light enough to walk around outside....

Yeah our "noon" (sun highest point) is at like right now (it's 2:30pm here) It's actually beautiful out, thinking about going suntanning :)

Forum List

Back