It's gonna be alright

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
Things may seem dark, but it's gonna be alright. Just like the flowers when it rains--the petals close and they bend under the weight of the rain drops, but the rain will end; it always does. Then they'll open full to welcome the sun..

Be kind to the guy next to you and remember who you are. It's all any of us can do.

Things may seem dark, but it's gonna be alright. Just like the flowers when it rains--the petals close and they bend under the weight of the rain drops, but the rain will end; it always does. Then they'll open full to welcome the sun..

Be kind to the guy next to you and remember who you are. It's all any of us can do.

Hope that works kiddo.. I'll resist introducing with my pessimism.

What you call depressing darkness is really what's for your own good.

Leave it up to Democrats and we'll be Venezuela in a few years.

I don’t understand the spirit of the thread... Things could hardly be going any better. What more could one ask for, and reasonably expect to get it? I know he told us we’d get tired of the winning; but... I think we can handle a little more before we let it get us down.

I don’t understand the spirit of the thread... Things could hardly be going any better. What more could one ask for, and reasonably expect to get it? I know he told us we’d get tired of the winning; but... I think we can handle a little more before we let it get us down.

So you don't see that brick wall coming up, do you?

I'm getting tired of redundant reiteration of campaign slogan bumper stickers..

So you don't see that brick wall coming up, do you?
Not fast enough. But We’ll get there... Oh... you were speaking hopefully/figuratively weren’t you? Lol! You and starky should compare crystal balls...

Quit tailgating then.

Quit tailgating then.
I only practice tail getting.

What makes you think things will get better?

From the day we are born, to the day we kick the bucket, we're surrounded by people who also hate their lives, people who probably realize that if they were attacked, those who claim they can protect them are fifteen minutes away on average, probably passing out tickets, and what little money isn't legally stolen from them will be worth less as time passes.

Then there's the fact that everyone you know could secretly hate you and be ready to take the first opportunity to hurt you and benefit themselves, or regardless of how much you help anyone, they'll probably never help you back if the opportunity presents itself. The realization that the vast majority of people on the planet are likely selfish garbage, and that if you help someone in need, out of the kindness of your heart, they could possibly take you to court and win, because you touched them without their consent, or that if you try to help a homeless person, they could be faking it, and are actually well off, and standing on the street corner due to laziness, and after coming to these realizations, you understand that the few have doomed the many, by increasing the risk of actual kindness.

Then there's always the fact that anyone or everyone you know and love could be subject to health problems, accidents, or acts of God that either permanently injure or kill them, or it could happen to yourself instead.

I've found that the negatives have always outweighed the positives, and that evil always wins here, and that everything anyone does is pointless. Nobody wants to help each other, nobody wants to help themselves, and that life is a pointless, continuous train wreck with very brief moments of happiness in between.

I've always asked myself why I should bother.

Especially after the realization that even when a kind person dies, nobody cares, regardless of how much good they did for any amount of people, they're overshadowed by names people can recognize. A celebrity who has done nothing but what they're told would be celebrated before an actual caring individual is mourned.

Who cares if one more light goes out in a sky of a million stars? Who cares when someone's time runs out if a moment is all we are?

Things have never gotten better, they've only gotten worse, and the world will continue to get worse until the day we accept the cold embrace of death.

From the day we are born, to the day we kick the bucket, we're surrounded by people who also hate their lives, people who probably realize that if they were attacked, those who claim they can protect them are fifteen minutes away on average, probably passing out tickets, and what little money isn't legally stolen from them will be worth less as time passes.

Then there's the fact that everyone you know could secretly hate you and be ready to take the first opportunity to hurt you and benefit themselves, or regardless of how much you help anyone, they'll probably never help you back if the opportunity presents itself. The realization that the vast majority of people on the planet are likely selfish garbage, and that if you help someone in need, out of the kindness of your heart, they could possibly take you to court and win, because you touched them without their consent, or that if you try to help a homeless person, they could be faking it, and are actually well off, and standing on the street corner due to laziness, and after coming to these realizations, you understand that the few have doomed the many, by increasing the risk of actual kindness.

Then there's always the fact that anyone or everyone you know and love could be subject to health problems, accidents, or acts of God that either permanently injure or kill them, or it could happen to yourself instead.

I've found that the negatives have always outweighed the positives, and that evil always wins here, and that everything anyone does is pointless. Nobody wants to help each other, nobody wants to help themselves, and that life is a pointless, continuous train wreck with very brief moments of happiness in between.

Especially after the realization that even when a kind person dies, nobody cares, regardless of how much good they did for any amount of people, they're overshadowed by names people can recognize. A celebrity who has done nothing but what they're told would be celebrated before an actual caring individual is mourned.

Who cares if one more light goes out in a sky of a million stars? Who cares when someone's time runs out if a moment is all we are?

Things have never gotten better, they've only gotten worse, and the world will continue to get worse until the day we accept the cold embrace of death.

Well, how dark..

You need to stop hanging out here. And talk to someone about this.

The spirit of the thread is Democrats having to face reality.

I know it doesn’t happen often, but there you have it.

Y'all love to piss on my campfire, I know, but the darkest hour is just before dawn. I'm afraid we aren't there yet, but even that will pass.

Y'all love to piss on my campfire, I know, but the darkest hour is just before dawn. I'm afraid we aren't there yet, but even that will pass.

Well, I'll help keep the campfire going. You're right - it will pass as all bright and dark times do. We need to be kind, and true to ourselves, yes. I thought the Republic would go to hell in a handbasket when Obama took office. The country survived Obama, it will survive Trump...it's designed that way.
Sooo...you bring the chocolate and I'll bring the marshmallows - if someone will bring the graham crackers we'll have ourselves s'mores. :)

I dont guage the country by the rants on site or hysterical opinions of either political side of the media fence.
Half the country is checked out, simply not caring or paying attention to any issues. Most are comfortable and just want to go about their daily business with no disruptions.
I know of far too many folks who state...
"Oh, I don't watch the news"
"I don't have time for all that"

Personally, I never understood apathy, but that is how a lot of folks are.

Despite the flaming by opposing sides, my opinion is that we have been through many crisis points throughout history and still some cooler heads usually prevail to calm things down.
Apathetic or not, most people rather not go down the road of complete civil breakdown.

Forum List

Back