My Experience in San Diego Today

Things are bad. What's the solution?

How do you stop people being homeless?

I'd say there are different ways.

A) Have affordable housing... doesn't need to be big, just a room with a bed and an address can be enough.

Who pays for it? In the US nobody wants to pay for it.

B) How do you stop people being homeless in the first place?

Maybe have emergency powers/funds that when someone is about to lose their home, the government steps in and helps. Who wants to pay for this? Nobody.

Maybe stop the boom and bust that comes from short term politics.

How do you stop this? Proportional Representation. Get rid of the Presidency as a power.

Never going to happen, the rich run the US, they don't want to lose their ability to make an extra billion or two when a recession hits. They don't care that 7 MILLION people lost their homes in the last recession and loads will lose their homes in the inevitable recession that will come.

Geee, how about we stop importing MILLIONS of illegal aliens for a start.

If that's true, then explain how Democrat-governed New Mexico has a poverty rate of 18.55%.

West Virginia's poverty rate is 17.1%.
Just look at all that RED in the Top 25.

You cherry Picked ONE Blue State.

Poverty is mostly a RED State thing.
Your chart doesn't lie.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 7.42.58 AM.png

My daughter left SD and moved back to Virginia due to the combination of homeless and migrant camps that pretty much surrounded her gated condo community. She called it Ft. Apache.

The stores in the area were all closing but the final straw was when they quit running buses into the area as she used public transportation due to the cost of maintaining/parking a car in SD.
Parking? In SD? I've never had to pay for parking anywhere in SD. As far as maintaining a car, that's the cost of owning one--geography doesn't factor into it, in my experience.

Poverty is a Big City Problem.
Poverty is also a Southern State Problem.
See the chart YOU provided.
Poverty is all over. Where it is more exoensive to live even worse. Inflation and everything too stinking expensive by Govt hosing us is the issue.

Poverty is all over. Where it is more exoensive to live even worse. Inflation and everything too stinking expensive by Govt hosing us is the issue.
Oh, so it's NOT just a Blue State (D) Governor/Mayor Issue?

Got it.

Yeah, just look at red Tulsa, OK. They used to just murder black people and now they can’t just race riot.

Bet you really miss that.

Taking proper care of rioting Black people you mean and that kept it from happening again for decades.

We should have done that to the goddamn Negroes and Commies in the 2020 Negro Insurrection.

Taking proper care of rioting Black people you mean and that kept it from happening again for decades.

We should have done that to the goddamn Negroes and Commies in the 2020 Negro Insurrection.
Don't you ever get tired of being a raging racist?
Dear Lord, don't the people around you ever tell you to STFU?

Things are bad. What's the solution?

How do you stop people being homeless?

I'd say there are different ways.

A) Have affordable housing... doesn't need to be big, just a room with a bed and an address can be enough.

Who pays for it? In the US nobody wants to pay for it.

B) How do you stop people being homeless in the first place?

Maybe have emergency powers/funds that when someone is about to lose their home, the government steps in and helps. Who wants to pay for this? Nobody.

Maybe stop the boom and bust that comes from short term politics.

How do you stop this? Proportional Representation. Get rid of the Presidency as a power.

Never going to happen, the rich run the US, they don't want to lose their ability to make an extra billion or two when a recession hits. They don't care that 7 MILLION people lost their homes in the last recession and loads will lose their homes in the inevitable recession that will come.
You are full of it. I worked on L.A.’s skid row for years. From that real-world experience, I found there are three kinds of homeless, of which only one can be helped by an external source. That one is people “ down on their luck”. People whose circumstances have been affected by external forces like unemployment. The vast majority of homeless are either mentally ill or substance dependent. They can’t be helped until they decide they want help. The final group are people who actually desire to be homeless because they aren’t willing to accept the constraints of an organized life. These people used to be called hobos. There are plenty of resources to help the first group and they generally don’t stay homeless for long.

Don't you ever get tired of being a raging racist?
Dear Lord, don't the people around you ever tell you to STFU?

You are confused Moon Bat.

We didn't take care of the filthy ass Negroes and Commies in the 2020 Insurrection and they rioted, looted, murdered and destroyed in over 200 American cities for six months. It was a disgrace to our country.

That is what happens when we have have weak dumbass Liberals running things.

Of course it was almost 100 years ago but back then in Tulsa and other places we didn't let the goddamn Negroes destroy our cities and that was a good thing.

Forum List

Back