🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's in the Lords hands

Although I am terrible at math and thus could never be a scientist, I've always been fascinated by theoretical physicals, astrophysics, etc--for laypeople (emphasis on that part). It seems to me that the more they know, the less they understand. String theory, parallel universes, have mixed everything up. I watched the series, "How the Universe Works" and ended up telling the TV many times, "Uh yeah, that's God...GOD. It's God. Hello. GOD?" Watching the scientists sidestep and tiptoe around is something else.
It's ok, Einstein and Von Braun both needed assistants to do their math. :auiqs.jpg:

They were the big idea guys!

Well, I laughed.

“If we had a microscope powerful enough, we could see that electrons, quarks, neutrinos, etc. are nothing but vibrations on minuscule loops resembling rubber bands. If we pluck the rubber band enough times and in different ways, we eventually create all the known subatomic particles in the universe. This means that all the laws of physics can be reduced to the harmonies of these strings. Chemistry is the melodies one can play on them. The universe is a symphony. And the mind of God, which Einstein eloquently wrote about, is cosmic music resonating throughout space-time.”
― Michio Kaku, The God Equation: The Quest for a Theory of Everything

Michio Kaku is theoretical physicist and a futurist. He does not speak for all of science, or even more than just his tiny part of it.

Michio Kaku is theoretical physicist and a futurist. He does not speak for all of science, or even more than just his tiny part of it.

You said "science does not deal with God". He's a Harvard-educated theoretical physicist. I believe that falls under the category of "science". If you kept an open mind and even remotely followed theoretical physics/astrophysics, you'd know these folks are lost WITHOUT God. They have had to unlearn more than they seem to know.

You said "science does not deal with God". He's a Harvard-educated theoretical physicist. I believe that falls under the category of "science". If you kept an open mind and even remotely followed theoretical physics/astrophysics, you'd know these folks are lost WITHOUT God. They have had to unlearn more than they seem to know.

Yes, I did say that and it is true. The fact a scientist might mention God does not change that fact. A Christian apologist I read and listened to for years used to say that science trying to prove God was like trying to weigh a chicken with a ruler...it is the wrong tool for the job. This is why someone like theoretical physicist may speak of God, as everything is just theory and deep thought. But you will not find any mainstream science doing so.

Yes, I did say that and it is true. The fact a scientist might mention God does not change that fact. A Christian apologist I read and listened to for years used to say that science trying to prove God was like trying to weigh a chicken with a ruler...it is the wrong tool for the job. This is why someone like theoretical physicist may speak of God, as everything is just theory and deep thought. But you will not find any mainstream science doing so.

You keep moving the goalposts here. You said "science does not deal with God", which I showed is not true. We have scientists in my church as well, I guess that's "dealing with God"? And they are "mainstream scientists". Now you want to say that science cannot PROVE God, which is true, but not your first assertion. But then, God doesn't need to be proven. Romans 1:20

You keep moving the goalposts here. You said "science does not deal with God", which I showed is not true. We have scientists in my church as well, I guess that's "dealing with God"? And they are "mainstream scientists". Now you want to say that science cannot PROVE God, which is true, but not your first assertion. But then, God doesn't need to be proven. Romans 1:20

A scientists talking about God or even believing in God is not science dealing with God. For science to be dealing with God, God would have to be part of their work. Even your quote does not tie science and God together.

It should also be noted that when Kaku speaks of the mind of God, he is not talking about the same God you are.

A scientists talking about God or even believing in God is not science dealing with God. For science to be dealing with God, God would have to be part of their work. Even your quote does not tie science and God together.

It should also be noted that when Kaku speaks of the mind of God, he is not talking about the same God you are.

Wow, a lot of goalpost-moving here huh?

Wow, a lot of goalpost-moving here huh?

Nope. I cannot help it if you do not understand what it means to deal with God. You are a Christian and a school teacher. Does that mean that when you are teaching your kids 2+2=4 you are dealing with God?

Nope. I cannot help it if you do not understand what it means to deal with God. You are a Christian and a school teacher. Does that mean that when you are teaching your kids 2+2=4 you are dealing with God?

Well, since you so fundamentally misunderstand--yes. I don't teach math, but yes, that's what it means.

This: "In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth."--Genesis 1:1

And further here:

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."--James 1:17

Well, since you so fundamentally misunderstand--yes. I don't teach math, but yes, that's what it means.

This: "In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth."--Genesis 1:1

And further here:

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."--James 1:17

Glad to hear you do not teach math.

But no, that is not what it means. Math does not need God to be math. An atheist can teach math just as well as a Christian and neither of them should bring God into the equation.

Every religion has a creation story, how do you know yours is the right one out of 1000s?

I see threads like this and I wonder how people who demonstrate so little humanity and empathy can call themselves Christians.

And follow a man whose lack of humanity and empathy dwarfs theirs.

Life is a mystery, that's for sure.

Show us your empathy Mac. GO suit up and fight in Ukraine. Go on now. Time's a-wasting.

Glad to hear you do not teach math.

But no, that is not what it means. Math does not need God to be math. An atheist can teach math just as well as a Christian and neither of them should bring God into the equation.

Every religion has a creation story, how do you know yours is the right one out of 1000s?

Still missing the point. Of course you can teach math without addressing God. But if you believe as I believe, math was invented by God.

Briefly, I know mine is the right one because the Bible is a book like none other AND

Because my Savior is one like none other.

Still missing the point. Of course you can teach math without addressing God. But if you believe as I believe, math was invented by God.

Yet that still does not make teaching it "dealing with God", unless you are adding God into you teachings.

Briefly, I know mine is the right one because the Bible is a book like none other AND

Because my Savior is one like none other.

I appreciate this, but you have to realize that people of every religion feel the exact same way.

Yet that still does not make teaching it "dealing with God", unless you are adding God into you teachings.

I appreciate this, but you have to realize that people of every religion feel the exact same way.

I appreciate that people feel that way, of course. People are allowed to feel however they want. Yet and still, they do not have a book like the Bible, and they do not have a Savior like Jesus. I do not say this because I am "better" than them. People put their faith in Jesus because we know we are not better.

Forum List

Back