its like the Cold War never ended, my friends! even Obama agrees!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
the future was better yesterday.

we used to believe that 1989 divided the past from the future as clearly as the Berlin Wall divides the East From The West. we had trouble imagining a world that is radically better than our own, or a future that is democratic and capitalist. that is not the way we think today. most of us now have trouble imagining a future, even in the West, that remains securely democratic and liberal

in his memoir, Obama adviser Ben Rhodes confides that, on the day Obama left the WH, the worry that haunted him most was: "what if we were wrong?"...that is, what if liberals had misinterpreted the nature of the Cold War period?

yes they have, my friends!

Because a KGB agent became the head of Russia. Could have been otherwise.

But maybe it might not have been possible otherwise because of their influence.

we used to believe that 1989 divided the past from the future as clearly as the Berlin Wall divides the East From The West. we had trouble imagining a world that is radically better than our own, or a future that is democratic and capitalist. that is not the way we think today. most of us now have trouble imagining a future, even in the West, that remains securely democratic and liberal

in his memoir, Obama adviser Ben Rhodes confides that, on the day Obama left the WH, the worry that haunted him most was: "what if we were wrong?"...that is, what if liberals had misinterpreted the nature of the Cold War period?

We as humans are trained to see begining and ends. How ever the ancients understood the rule of one as it seems only physicists under stand today. The reality of the situation is that the same old shit is what is just around the corner. At least there are some good times mixed in with the bad. Maybe even the bad is actually good or there would be no contrast further blurring the begining and the end which of course is just an illusion . So in short no begining or end just changes in contrast.

The system will always require at least one boogeyman.

• Banned
tellingly, how democracies atrophy and perish has become the question that most petrifies liberal scholars today.

the very ideal of an open society has lost its once admired lustre. for many disillusioned citizens, openness to the world now suggests more grounds for anxiety than hope.

when the Berlin Wall was toppled, there were only 16 walls in the world. now there 65. that says it all, my friends!

Forum List

Back