It's not a Muslim ban, but....

So, the right are getting all in a tizz because the Media has called Trump's attempt at a ban on 7 countries, all of the Muslim, as a Muslim ban. Sure, it's not a Muslim ban, it doesn't include countries that the US finds convenient to pretend they're not strict Muslims because they happen to have a lot of oil and are willing to be two faced about their relationship with the US.

British Muslim teacher taken off US-bound flight: I was treated like a criminal

But then you have a British school teacher, on a school trip. And he gets taken off the plane. Five teachers, and the only teacher to get treated like this was called Mohammed. Oh, what a surprise.

It's not a ban, but certainly the US is making Islam the enemy, and making the lives of Muslims who go to the US much harder.

The poor, down-trodden boy states he was treated unfairly because his name is Mohammad, the single most common name in the world. It would be safe to say that hundreds or even thousand Muslims a day come through US customs. I'm guessing the reason this particular young man was singled-out was attitude, not religion.

So, why would a Welsh man on a school trip with a load of kids be considered a threat to anyone?

He isn't a "Welsh man", he is a Muslim. That is how he identifies himself. He is the one claiming he was stopped because he is Muslim.

Probably because the flight was full of lots and lots of welsh people, seeing as they all went to school in Neath, and yet the ONLY ONE who got pulled off the flight was a Muslim. Are you telling me he got pulled off because he was Welsh? Then why not the others? I doubt it was because he was male, probably half the flight was male, so what thing do you think could make the US govt representatives pull him off this flight. I've never, ever been pulled off a flight, I've never had random checks, I've never had any problems. So why this guy? What thing do you think makes the govt do this? Have a guess.

I'm saying there is an anti-Muslim policy in place,

Yesterday, I gave a ticket to a woman smoking on a train platform. She claimed she was only receiving the ticket because there was a policy against women. Do you think she had a valid point?

If you were part of an organization which had a strong history against women, then yes. This is the point. This isn't just one day Muslim gets denied entry to the US. This is a policy which started a long time ago, sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker, picked up again after 9/11 with a president who squeezed all the fear out of the US people in order to make the country "safer" but the reality is it just makes it better for the politicians and those who are making a ton of money out of all of this. The right are able to claim they're making things safer, and yet Bush made things far less safe for us all.

So, the right are getting all in a tizz because the Media has called Trump's attempt at a ban on 7 countries, all of the Muslim, as a Muslim ban. Sure, it's not a Muslim ban, it doesn't include countries that the US finds convenient to pretend they're not strict Muslims because they happen to have a lot of oil and are willing to be two faced about their relationship with the US.

But then you have a British school teacher, on a school trip. And he gets taken off the plane. Five teachers, and the only teacher to get treated like this was called Mohammed. Oh, what a surprise.

It's not a ban, but certainly the US is making Islam the enemy, and making the lives of Muslims who go to the US much harder.

You're right its not a ban on Muslims. Its a ban on seven countries who empower terrorists. Fund terrorists.

Its also a temporary ban so they can tighten and improve the vetting process.

Islam is already the enemy dumbass. Ask the folks in San Bernardino. People killed by a co worker. A man they all knew.

Wake the fuck up dumbass.

How many Christians have rights in these countries? Since you're our resident justice warrior now.

So, your point is, if many Muslim countries don't give rights to Christians, then we should be equally as bad as they are? Oh, amazing.
Your argument must not be very strong when you have your own conversation with yourself about what I might say.
I'm certainly not going to compete with my alter ego that's living rent free in your head.

How many Christians have rights in these countries? Since you're our resident justice warrior now.

So, your point is, if many Muslim countries don't give rights to Christians, then we should be equally as bad as they are? Oh, amazing.
Your argument must not be very strong when you have your own conversation with yourself about what I might say.
I'm certainly not going to compete with my alter ego that's living rent free in your head.

Oh, wow, that's a massive diversion from you. Whatever dude, you want to play those games, I'm better off without your weak replies.

The poor, down-trodden boy states he was treated unfairly because his name is Mohammad, the single most common name in the world. It would be safe to say that hundreds or even thousand Muslims a day come through US customs. I'm guessing the reason this particular young man was singled-out was attitude, not religion.

So, why would a Welsh man on a school trip with a load of kids be considered a threat to anyone?

He isn't a "Welsh man", he is a Muslim. That is how he identifies himself. He is the one claiming he was stopped because he is Muslim.

Probably because the flight was full of lots and lots of welsh people, seeing as they all went to school in Neath, and yet the ONLY ONE who got pulled off the flight was a Muslim. Are you telling me he got pulled off because he was Welsh? Then why not the others? I doubt it was because he was male, probably half the flight was male, so what thing do you think could make the US govt representatives pull him off this flight. I've never, ever been pulled off a flight, I've never had random checks, I've never had any problems. So why this guy? What thing do you think makes the govt do this? Have a guess.

And he is probably the only "Welsh" man with possible ties with terrorists. Being Muslim has nothing to do with it. Unless of course you are saying being a Muslim makes it much more likely one is affiliated with terrorism.

It could easily be perceived to be, "racial profiling". We have, militia acts and civil rights acts.

And he is probably the only "Welsh" man with possible ties with terrorists. Being Muslim has nothing to do with it. Unless of course you are saying being a Muslim makes it much more likely one is affiliated with terrorism.

What "possible ties with terrorists" do you think he has? I mean, Neath isn't exactly a hotbed of terrorist activity, especially in a high school in Neath. Now you're just making stuff up.

Oh, being Muslim has nothing to do with it, it's all about his non-existent ties to terrorism that you just decided would be really convenient for your argument. Oh, please.

It could easily be perceived to be, "racial profiling". We have, militia acts and civil rights acts.

Well, right now it'll probably just become a diplomatic issue. The UK managed to get out of the "Muslim ban" thing for duel citizens of those 7 Muslim countries, so a non-duel citizen with a UK passport should have the ability to go to the UK. However the UK Tory Party will probably just roll over.

What does the man being a teacher have to do with anything? Remember the Glasgow airport attack the men who carried that out were a doctor and an engineer both with Muslim names ones profession doesn't exclude them from being a possible terrorist.

What does the man being a teacher have to do with anything? Remember the Glasgow airport attack the men who carried that out were a doctor and an engineer both with Muslim names ones profession doesn't exclude them from being a possible terrorist.

Bin Laden was an engineer.

Oh, wow, that's a massive diversion from you. Whatever dude, you want to play those games, I'm better off without your weak replies.
So you use what I said reworded as your reply. my my

Since Britain isn't one of the countries on the exclusion list, I'm curious why you feel this incident is connected to the exclusion.

This is the exact point. He's British, so why should he be singled out? Oh, he's a Muslim. How many more people are getting singled out just because they have a Muslim name?
We do not know. Your news article does not know. There is noting pointing out why or even a plausible possibility of why he was removed from the flight.

I fond it interesting that you tie this into the EO that was signed by Trump when this case has literally nothing to do with that EO whatsoever at this point. Perhaps you have something of actual substance on the event?

Because if you do not, your comments are pointless conjecture and rather damaging to your position.

Well, if there were a valid reason, don't you think US officials would have given a valid reason? How can a guy be kicked off a plane without being given a valid reason?

I'm not saying this is part of the ban on 7 countries. I'm saying there is an anti-Muslim policy in place, and it's going to annoy a lot of people, you know, the sort of people who set off bombs and use guns etc. Guess who they'll target?
You clearly made that tie in your OP.

Now you are trying to move the goalposts that there is an anti-Muslim policy in place yet, again, not identifying the actual policy. I do not know if there is a viable reason or not for removing him from the place. I said as much. The point here is that you also do not know and to continue to demand that it is due to some policy or another is a complete fabrication based on what you want to think rather than facts in evidence.

I'm not saying this is part of the ban on 7 countries. I'm saying there is an anti-Muslim policy in place, and it's going to annoy a lot of people, you know, the sort of people who set off bombs and use guns etc. Guess who they'll target?
So, if we're nice to the crazy people maybe they won't hurt us? Yeah, that's worked great so far, especially in Europe.

Well, right now it'll probably just become a diplomatic issue. The UK managed to get out of the "Muslim ban" thing for duel citizens of those 7 Muslim countries, so a non-duel citizen with a UK passport should have the ability to go to the UK. However the UK Tory Party will probably just roll over.
In the US, we have a Second Amendment; we just have, lousy leadership; even Kentucky Colonels may be challenged.

should we regulate terrorism out of existence? we can ask them to register themselves as terrorists, and be subject to "terror crime penalties"; after taking an Oath, to be peaceable residents.

Since Britain isn't one of the countries on the exclusion list, I'm curious why you feel this incident is connected to the exclusion.

This is the exact point. He's British, so why should he be singled out? Oh, he's a Muslim. How many more people are getting singled out just because they have a Muslim name?
We do not know. Your news article does not know. There is noting pointing out why or even a plausible possibility of why he was removed from the flight.

I fond it interesting that you tie this into the EO that was signed by Trump when this case has literally nothing to do with that EO whatsoever at this point. Perhaps you have something of actual substance on the event?

Because if you do not, your comments are pointless conjecture and rather damaging to your position.

Well, if there were a valid reason, don't you think US officials would have given a valid reason? How can a guy be kicked off a plane without being given a valid reason?

You clearly made that tie in your OP.

Now you are trying to move the goalposts that there is an anti-Muslim policy in place yet, again, not identifying the actual policy. I do not know if there is a viable reason or not for removing him from the place. I said as much. The point here is that you also do not know and to continue to demand that it is due to some policy or another is a complete fabrication based on what you want to think rather than facts in evidence.

Yes, I did, and I still stand by it. The point I made was that the media have been calling it a Muslim ban, I'm not calling it a Muslim ban, but that the reality is there is an anti-Muslim policy in place. The policy is not fixed, it will be changed to suit the needs of whoever gets to decide at any point in time.

No, the point seems to be that you've decided I said something that I didn't.

In the US, we have a Second Amendment; we just have, lousy leadership; even Kentucky Colonels may be challenged.

What's your point?

So you use what I said reworded as your reply. my my

I don't do silly games, either make a fucking point or don't bother.

The point being that teachers in the UK do have to undergo security checks in order to be teachers. To do your training you have to undergo them, to get a job as a teacher you have to undergo them. Chances are he'd have been found out before the US suddenly found something out (like, he's a Muslim).

Forum List

Back