Its not about "live and let live"

Yes................there are lots of people on this board who call me a "loony liberal" or worse........and I really don't care one way or the other what you think of me. Doesn't really matter in my book because this is just a gathering of anonymous posters expressing their opinions.

With that being said, I actually support this guy for not wanting to wear a jersey. It's not really part of his official duties as a hockey player to wear one, and it goes against his beliefs to support something like that. He didn't refuse to play, and he didn't try to throw the game for the other team. He played, he did his job, and the only thing he didn't do was show support for something he doesn't believe in. I respect that, as well as support that. This is a free country and everyone has the right to their own opinion, regardless of whether or not it's popular with the public at large.

Bottom line? He did his job, he did what he was paid for. The only thing he didn't do was show support for something he doesn't believe in.

Never has been. Its about FORCING everyone else to agree with you OR ELSE.

"Live and let live" is an axiom for fools and peasant nobodies. Meanwhile, those who endlessly crave lustily for power and gold live by the axiom: "break as many human 'eggs' as needed to get paid and elected."

If we own land, someone will try to take it. If we make money someone will try to spend it for us. If we have children someone will try to ensorcell their minds, alter their bodies. If we seek peace and freedom and goodwill, someone will use our good nature to enslave us.

Live and let live? Ha . . . ha . . . ha . . . bloody . . . ha ha. More like: hide like your life depends on it or chew much bubble gum and kick even more ass.

Family values. Decency. Religious beliefs. Parental rights. Belief in God.

The foundation of this nation is under attack by faithless "woke" deviates.
That's why states like FL need to stand up for our values against the shit eaters.

I applaud the NHL player for not supporting deviants, mental defectives, and their fellow travelers who enable them....There should be a lot more of it.

I look at the tired/meaningless slogans NFL players have on the back of their helmets and think if that was me I'd have Never Apologize on mine. ;)

Yes................there are lots of people on this board who call me a "loony liberal" or worse........and I really don't care one way or the other what you think of me. Doesn't really matter in my book because this is just a gathering of anonymous posters expressing their opinions.

With that being said, I actually support this guy for not wanting to wear a jersey. It's not really part of his official duties as a hockey player to wear one, and it goes against his beliefs to support something like that. He didn't refuse to play, and he didn't try to throw the game for the other team. He played, he did his job, and the only thing he didn't do was show support for something he doesn't believe in. I respect that, as well as support that. This is a free country and everyone has the right to their own opinion, regardless of whether or not it's popular with the public at large.

Bottom line? He did his job, he did what he was paid for. The only thing he didn't do was show support for something he doesn't believe in.

You mostly post from a left wing ideological position.
Getting 1 right, doesn't erase that.

Never has been. Its about FORCING everyone else to agree with you OR ELSE.

What "backlash"? Did Provorov get cut from the team? Get benched? Lose pay? Nope. None of the above.

Some idiots on Twitter did not like what he did. That's the extent of the backlash. LOL

Must be a slow day in sports. :sleeping-smiley-015:

What "backlash"? Did Provorov get cut from the team? Get benched? Lose pay? Nope. None of the above.

Some idiots on Twitter did not like what he did. That's the extent of the backlash. LOL

Must be a slow day in sports. :sleeping-smiley-015:
What exactly do you think "backlash" is?
backlash - a strong and adverse reaction by a large number of people, especially to a social or political development:

What exactly do you think "backlash" is?
backlash - a strong and adverse reaction by a large number of people, especially to a social or political development:
That's not a backlash. That's your typical Wednesday. (or any day of the week). Show me one action of a ballplayer or politician or a Hollywood celebrity doing anything that does not have a "strong and adverse reaction by a large number of people". Anything - good or bad.

Let me give you another example. What if Provorov did attend the event? Do you think you won't have right-wing nut jobs on Twitter screaming bloody murder? Would Fox news then portray it as a "Backlash"? Don't think so.

You, idiots, keep screaming about "media manipulation" and yet when you have it staring in your face by your own side, you don't recognize it.

Let me know if you are still confused.

Yes, you do care.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here.

Forum List

Back