It's now a crime in Italy to cook something that smells bad to your neighbor

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Stinky cooking odours constitute a crime, Italy's supreme court rules

THANK GOD....Italy has so little to worry about...they are down to smell crimes!

Cooking may be a national passion, but Italians who allow the pungent aroma of a simmering pot of pasta sauce or a vat of deep fried fish to waft into a neighbour’s home are committing a crime, the country’s highest court has ruled.

In the best traditions of legalese the world over, the Court of Cassation in Rome even came up with a term for the offence – “olfactory molestation”.

Stinky cooking odours constitute a crime, Italy's supreme court rules

THANK GOD....Italy has so little to worry about...they are down to smell crimes!

Cooking may be a national passion, but Italians who allow the pungent aroma of a simmering pot of pasta sauce or a vat of deep fried fish to waft into a neighbour’s home are committing a crime, the country’s highest court has ruled.

In the best traditions of legalese the world over, the Court of Cassation in Rome even came up with a term for the offence – “olfactory molestation”.

I commit that crime everyday, especially the day after Mexican food.

upload_2017-4-5_15-51-0.png

I am surprised that they first didn't say 2nd hand cooking smoke causes cancer

At least they were honest compared the the Anti 2nd hand smoke Nazi's liars and just admitted it was just "stinky "

At least they were honest compared the the Anti 2nd hand smoke Nazi's liars and just admitted it was just "stinky "
/---- BTW - the anti second hand smoke outrage is fading away as legalized pot gains support. You can't smoke a joint in public if cigs are banned. So Libs decided second hand smoke was not based on science after all.

Last edited:

/---- BTW - the anti second hand smoke outrage is fading away as legalized pot gains support. You can's smoke a joint in public if cigs are banned. So LIbs decided second hand smoke was not based on science after all.

What I read you can smoke a joint indoors in places like Colorado but not cigs,...... I maybe wrong now but it would be interesting if someone could report...

Forum List

Back