It's Official: Trump Signs Executive Order To Return Astronauts To The Moon.....Then On To Mars

But liberals have been telling us Trump and the GOP do not support investment in science...were liberals lying again? I think we all know the answer.

There is no indication that the GOP supports investment in it yet. It's an EO. Without funding it's nothing more than a piece of paper.

Translation...goddamnit Trump outsmarted us again :bang3:

No. He literally just signed a piece of paper. Now we need upwards of $100 billion dollars to make the trip. Unless that piece of paper is worth $100 billion dollars...

You are living proof Trump can't please a liberal no matter what he does. As chief executive he just used the power the Constitution grants him to put forth a vision for NASA and humanity, the Moon, Mars, and still you people bitch and complain. Here talk to the hand :eusa_hand:

Put forth a vision? Whooptyfuckingdo. Guess what? I just put forth a vision. My dick hasn't grown by 12 inches yet, but at least I put forth that vision.

Did you know that both Bushes also put forth a vision to return to the moon? They ran into a problem. FUNDING!

No bucks, no Buck Rogers...

We need a permanent, self sustaining, manufacturing base on the moon before we even think about Mars. It certainly would be cheaper to build and launch from the Moon than it would be from Earth.
That's the plan according to the press conference I watched..
Honestly I would like to skip Mars altogether and go straight to the asteroid belt. I've seen estimates that put the value of a good sized metallic asteroid at over a trillion dollars. we could colonize the rest of the Solar system easily with the resources in the belt.
How do you get them down to Earth?

Partisan hacks in this thread in their rush to praise their guy can't wrap their heads around a simple concept. The money DOESN'T EXIST! IT'S NOT THERE! NO EXISTO! This reality we live in... NO MONEY!

Hussein grounded the Space Shuttle and then used NASA for global warming propaganda. Thank God we didn't get another democrat last year.

Actually George W. Bush shut down the space shuttle

https://history.nasa.gov/Bush SEP.htm

President Bush Announces New Vision for Space Exploration Program
Remarks by the President on U.S. Space Policy
NASA Headquarters
Washington, D.C.
January 14, 2004

The Shuttle's chief purpose over the next several years will be to help finish assembly of the International Space Station. In 2010, the Space Shuttle -- after nearly 30 years of duty -- will be retired from service.

WOW!!!!

I support Trump on this one.

I wish he'd order an outpost on the moon as that would last hundreds of years and would help humanity remain in space!
You hate Trump you ignorant fuck. He said a year ago he intended to rebuild NASA!
And you called him a liar!
Idiot!

It hasn’t happened yet. Congress hasn’t appropriated any money for it and there is no money left in the budget to pay for it after the tax cuts.

Trump has signed a meaningless EO without an appropriation from Congress. Maybe he’ll divert funds from the Wall.

Liberals hate space travel because they hate the human race and want to see our species fail.
Conservatives are big ones to talk, with their denial of global warming. LOL

Space travel actually exists....
So does global warming and rising sea levels and climate change.
All of them disproven!

None of it has been disproven, only denied by fools like you.

Liberals hate space travel because they hate the human race and want to see our species fail.
Conservatives are big ones to talk, with their denial of global warming. LOL

Space travel actually exists....
So does global warming and rising sea levels and climate change.
All of them disproven!

None of it has been disproven, only denied by fools like you.

Yeah faking data really helps their cause....idiot leftists

But liberals have been telling us Trump and the GOP do not support investment in science...were liberals lying again? I think we all know the answer.

There is no indication that the GOP supports investment in it yet. It's an EO. Without funding it's nothing more than a piece of paper.

No. He literally just signed a piece of paper. Now we need upwards of $100 billion dollars to make the trip. Unless that piece of paper is worth $100 billion dollars...

You are living proof Trump can't please a liberal no matter what he does. As chief executive he just used the power the Constitution grants him to put forth a vision for NASA and humanity, the Moon, Mars, and still you people bitch and complain. Here talk to the hand :eusa_hand:

Nobody is bitching or complaining. We’re just pointing out the fact that the EO has no power or authority without a Congressional appropriation to fund it.

The big corporate tax cut hamstrings Congress. Because they can’t increase spending which results in a deficit 10 years from now, any big long-term spending commitments are out of the question until revenues increase.

WOW!!!!

I wish he'd order an outpost on the moon as that would last hundreds of years and would help humanity remain in space!
You hate Trump you ignorant fuck. He said a year ago he intended to rebuild NASA!
Idiot!

It hasn’t happened yet. Congress hasn’t appropriated any money for it and there is no money left in the budget to pay for it after the tax cuts.

Trump has signed a meaningless EO without an appropriation from Congress. Maybe he’ll divert funds from the Wall.

Meaningless??? Admit it JFK had no funding when he said...

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win."

Good. We don't need NASA reaching out to Muslims. Others can do that if necessary

WOW!!!!

Idiot!

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win."

Kennedy didn’t order a tax cut which would increase the deficit to $1.5 trillion dollars.

This is outstanding and will be great. It will be an innovative jobs creator too. America is back! It was also nostalgic to see former Apollo Astronauts Harrison Schmidt and Buzz Aldrin standing by the president.

NASA TWITTER with Video of the signing.
Twitter

Good lets let Trump take the first test ride to the moon.
So science is only important when a Liberal is trying to advance it ?

Liberal advance science?

Nobody is bitching or complaining. We’re just pointing out the fact that the EO has no power or authority without a Congressional appropriation to fund it.

The big corporate tax cut hamstrings Congress. Because they can’t increase spending which results in a deficit 10 years from now, any big long-term spending commitments are out of the question until revenues increase.

And JFK's historic speech advocating landing men on the moon ALSO had no funding. Just admit it you people hate Trump and no matter what he does you will bitch and complain.

And JFK's historic speech advocating landing men on the moon ALSO had no funding. Just admit it you people hate Trump and no matter what he does you will bitch and complain.

If Ears had done this they couldn't contain their glee and would be gushing all over it

WOW!!!!

Idiot!

And if not for the Cold War he probably never would have gotten the funding. Even JFK himself initially rejected the project because it was too expensive. He only agreed to the initiative in response to the Soviet's own advancements.

It's Official: Trump Signs Executive Order To Return Astronauts To The Moon.....Then On To Mars

Which ones will be sent back, Aldridge, Armstrong, Glenn, any idea?

Kennedy had planned his funding BEFORE he announced the program. Trump just pisses into the wind with his EO’s.

Remember his EO for the Wall? Signed it his first week in office. How did that work out for him?

The national debt under Kennedy was $300 billion.

Under Trump the national debt has gone UP by $500 billion.

Forum List

Back