It's still getting hotter

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
We have seen recently in this thread postings showing trends in the occurrence of both high and low temperature records around the planet. High temperature records have been increasing in numbers while low temperature records have been decreasing. This is taking place concurrently with rising global temperatures, so it should surprise no one. But it does supply an independent verification of the data sets. Recently, we have the added tidbit of a new record set, Sunday, 21 June, for the highest average global temperature in recorded history. With the advantage of hindsight, I now know that some will not be impressed with a record within only "recorded history" when there are 4.5 billion years in which the planet had some sort of average temperature and I guess we shouldn't be all that impressed with a global average ov 17.6C when bounced against a planet covered head to toe with boiling magma. However, just FYI, for purposes of meteorology and climate science, recorded history is considered that span of time during which sufficiently accurate and sufficiently widespread data are available. All those nerds in their white coats and ivory towers came up with 1850. That is 174 years back or a span of roughly 63,510 days (they didn't give me a month, day, hour, minute, second or anything else, those stingy bastards). That goes back, my calculations indicate, further back than your parents, your grandparents or your great grandparents. And, if we are NOT getting steadily warmer, it is an exceedingly rare ocurrence. Picking one, specific, random day in 63,510 days to be the hottest ever is equivalent to throwing heads 17 times in a row. Give it a shot and then get back to me. DON'T lose count. Of course, if, as all the world's scientists tell us, the world is getting steadily hotter, the odds of last Sunday being the hottest ever is nothing to get a woody ah-boot. In fact, it's kinda unavoidable, in'nt it.

So, there's a fair number of you folks that claim to believe anthropogenic (man-made) global warming is a "HOAX". "It's a LIE". Folks believe it ISN"T actually taking place. I'd like to talk to such folks. I'd really like to hear why they believe such things. I'd really like to hear a conceivable chain of events that could have produced the current temperature data record out of thin air. If anyone would like to give it a serious go, I can promise to do my very best on this occasion to withhold my usual bitter vituperation. Whether that's good enough, only time will tell.

We have seen recently in this thread postings showing trends in the occurrence of both high and low temperature records around the planet. High temperature records have been increasing in numbers while low temperature records have been decreasing. This is taking place concurrently with rising global temperatures, so it should surprise no one. But it does supply an independent verification of the data sets. Recently, we have the added tidbit of a new record set, Sunday, 21 June, for the highest average global temperature in recorded history. With the advantage of hindsight, I now know that some will not be impressed with a record within only "recorded history" when there are 4.5 billion years in which the planet had some sort of average temperature and I guess we shouldn't be all that impressed with a global average ov 17.6C when bounced against a planet covered head to toe with boiling magma. However, just FYI, for purposes of meteorology and climate science, recorded history is considered that span of time during which sufficiently accurate and sufficiently widespread data are available. All those nerds in their white coats and ivory towers came up with 1850. That is 174 years back or a span of roughly 63,510 days (they didn't give me a month, day, hour, minute, second or anything else, those stingy bastards). That goes back, my calculations indicate, further back than your parents, your grandparents or your great grandparents. And, if we are NOT getting steadily warmer, it is an exceedingly rare ocurrence. Picking one, specific, random day in 63,510 days to be the hottest ever is equivalent to throwing heads 17 times in a row. Give it a shot and then get back to me. DON'T lose count. Of course, if, as all the world's scientists tell us, the world is getting steadily hotter, the odds of last Sunday being the hottest ever is nothing to get a woody ah-boot. In fact, it's kinda unavoidable, in'nt it.

So, there's a fair number of you folks that claim to believe anthropogenic (man-made) global warming is a "HOAX". "It's a LIE". Folks believe it ISN"T actually taking place. I'd like to talk to such folks. I'd really like to hear why they believe such things. I'd really like to hear a conceivable chain of events that could have produced the current temperature data record out of thin air. If anyone would like to give it a serious go, I can promise to do my very best on this occasion to withhold my usual bitter vituperation. Whether that's good enough, only time will tell.

And, if we are NOT getting steadily warmer, it is an exceedingly rare ocurrence. Picking one, specific, random day in 63,510 days to be the hottest ever is equivalent to throwing heads 17 times in a row. (17.09 degrees Celsius)

How many data points are they using to pull that number out of their ass?

What was the global average on 7/24/1851?
How many data points did they use for that day?

And there are some who say there is a GHG effect of CO2 but its strength has been over stated and that the planet is naturally warming and CO2 is being blamed for all of it.

Coolest Summer I've seen in the 15 years I've lived here.

Here in the East, I've heard that we have had as many 90+° days so far this summer as is NORMAL for the full summer!

But then, I've seen Augusts where it rained every single day.

Now it is back to mostly seasonal weather in the 80s.

Right now AFAICT, this summer could be written off as just one of those random weather anomalies. There has been hotter weather 100 years ago.

ITMT, all a moot point because we ain't within a light-year of doing anything about it. At least DECADES away from even getting close to the green technological changes they say are needed to turn it around.

Then, it could take another 100 years for Earth to return to normal.

That is, even assuming they are even half right.

And there are some who say there is a GHG effect of CO2 but its strength has been over stated and that the planet is naturally warming and CO2 is being blamed for all of it.
Who?

Where has it been the coolest summer? Just approximately.

Just for starters:

Screen Shot 2024-07-24 at 8.25.03 PM.png

If CO2 is the problem why produce more by using heavy industry to endlessly manufacture wind turbines and solar panels.

Yep, pollution is a problem and the democrats solution pollutes 24 hours a day forever.

Who would of thought that more heavy industry solves the problem with heavy industry polluting

Where has it been the coolest summer? Just approximately.
Fun fact. The planet's warmest mean temperature occurs when the northern hemisphere receives the most amount of sunlight. The planet's coldest mean temperature occurs when the northern hemisphere receives the least amount of sunlight.

Do you know why?

Fun fact. The planet's warmest mean temperature occurs when the northern hemisphere receives the most amount of sunlight. The planet's coldest mean temperature occurs when the northern hemisphere receives the least amount of sunlight.

Do you know why?

I can answer that but I'll let Crick go first!

Forum List

Back