It's The Economy Stupid

Unemployment claims fall to lowest level in 43 years, despite hurricanes

The total number of laid-off workers receiving unemployment benefits fell to 1.89 million at the end of September, the Department of Labor reported Thursday, the lowest such mark in nearly 44 years.

And new claims for unemployment benefits dropped 15,000 to 243,000 in the first full week of October, according to the agency, as the job market bounces back from hurricane damage even faster than forecasters expected.

If the economy keeps improving like this Trump will be a shoe in for reelection. Suck on that regressives.

This is a continuation of what was happening under Obama. Trump had no more to do with it than Trump has.

I would point to the 2000 Presidential election. By every economic number, Gore should have been a shoe-in. Yet Clinton and his personal issues were the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Trump has personal issues and the polls show that voters do not credit Trump with the economy. His approvals are only a few points above his disapprovals.

Right, Trump had nothing to do with it. LMAO Consumer and business confidence are climbing daily. The regulatory environment for business and individuals is improving and will continue to do so. Approval ratings are useless when the MSM are putting out 87% negative stories. When the dow hit 23,000, one network even mentioned it, and it involved less than 10 seconds in air time.

It was climbing when Obama was President. The fact is that independents are fed up with Trump and it has nothing to do with the media. You offer nothing about excuses. The Dow does not affect most people and has nothing to do with the economy.

The total number of laid-off workers receiving unemployment benefits fell to 1.89 million at the end of September, the Department of Labor reported Thursday, the lowest such mark in nearly 44 years.

And new claims for unemployment benefits dropped 15,000 to 243,000 in the first full week of October, according to the agency, as the job market bounces back from hurricane damage even faster than forecasters expected.

If the economy keeps improving like this Trump will be a shoe in for reelection. Suck on that regressives.

Don't jump for joy.....

More Americans need a 2nd job to make ends meet — and it's sending a troubling message about the economy

Yep, you can thank the ever increasing costs of maobamacare and 10's of millions of illegals taking job and holding down wages for that.

The fact is that Obamacare is not the problem. Healthcare costs were growing before Obamacare. The problem is that healthcare costs too much. Also illegal immigrants are not holding wages down. You sound exactly like the $15 minimum wage crowd. That we can artificially raise wages. Businesses will pay only a certain amount in wages. Look at what happened to Carrier. Carrier kept some jobs they were planning to send to Mexico temporarily while they automated. Now the jobs are gone.

Everything the government throws billions of dollars at cost too much, it the nature of the beast. I'm still waiting to see the $2,500 premium reductions your dear leader promised. The fact is maobamacare was designed to fail so the commiecrats could come in as the savior by proposing single payer. That's typical of commiecrats, they create a problem and then claim only they can fix it.

The healthcare problem has been ongoing for some time. Republicans want to ignore the problem. There are some aspects that have worked and it needs to be fixed. That is what voters want.

And the repubs with full control are working really quickly on those...

No one is more pissed about that than me, my reps hear about almost weekly.

Sure makes you wonder why they do nothing if those are in fact our problems...

What really makes me wonder is why the commiecrats aren't interested in trying to fix an obviously broken insurance system, of course we all know why they have no interest in fixing immigration.

Republicans aren't interested in fixing it either. They just want to kick people off of their insurance. That is just as bad.

Trump's 70 point plan would go a long way to fixing immigration and when it comes to health care all the commiecrats want is more spending and more government control.

Voters do not support it. They support DACA and giving illegals a path to citizenship. They oppose a wall. Republicans want to ignore the problem of healthcare.
That is as wrong as the Democrats. We need a approach that cuts out radicals on the right and left.

The stock market is not the econ....

Okay, fuck it, never mind...

What's wrong, can't have an intelligent debate?
Not with those of you who think the stock market is the economy.

It's my profession. You're just here for hyperpartisan slap-fighting.

I've never stated that 'the stock market is the economy.' I have stated that the majority of the total economy is middle class spending, and if the middle class continues to fall financially we'll never have a prospering economy.

How is the fact that Republicans offer the middle class nothing 'hyperpartisan slap-fighting?'

You mean other than it's NOT A FACT. It's pure commiecrat propaganda. Are you really saying doubling the standard deduction and increasing the child tax credit won't help the middle class?

I've never stated that 'the stock market is the economy.' I have stated that the majority of the total economy is middle class spending, and if the middle class continues to fall financially we'll never have a prospering economy.

How is the fact that Republicans offer the middle class nothing 'hyperpartisan slap-fighting?'

You mean other than it's NOT A FACT. It's pure commiecrat propaganda. Are you really saying doubling the standard deduction and increasing the child tax credit won't help the middle class?

The biggest tax on the middle class was the corporate welfare system for the insurance companies and big pharma known as Obamacare. This far left drone does not understand basic economics.

Anyone fully supporting Obamacare hates the middle class.

Although you will never see the far left define the middle class except as union jobs only.

This is a continuation of what was happening under Obama. Trump had no more to do with it than Trump has.

I would point to the 2000 Presidential election. By every economic number, Gore should have been a shoe-in. Yet Clinton and his personal issues were the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Trump has personal issues and the polls show that voters do not credit Trump with the economy. His approvals are only a few points above his disapprovals.

Right, Trump had nothing to do with it. LMAO Consumer and business confidence are climbing daily. The regulatory environment for business and individuals is improving and will continue to do so. Approval ratings are useless when the MSM are putting out 87% negative stories. When the dow hit 23,000, one network even mentioned it, and it involved less than 10 seconds in air time.

Something doesn't work. Consumer confidence is 'climbing daily' but 7.6 million Americans are working a second job to make ends meet.

You can thank maobamacare and the employer mandate for that. Millions of jobs have been reduced to less than 31 hours a week.

What really makes me wonder is why the commiecrats aren't interested in trying to fix an obviously broken insurance system, of course we all know why they have no interest in fixing immigration.

Republicans aren't interested in fixing it either. They just want to kick people off of their insurance. That is just as bad.

Trump's 70 point plan would go a long way to fixing immigration and when it comes to health care all the commiecrats want is more spending and more government control.

Does Trump's (lip service) '70 point plan' include arresting, trial, fines, and prison for employers that knowingly hire illegals?

It makes e-verify mandatory. If folks ignore that I'm sure there will penalties.

You reacted to my post. Your name was not in it.

Both ends are guilty of hyperpartisan slap-fighting, and both deny it.

So you believe that I'm correct?
Yes, on the Republican side, the economic conversation consists primarily of shallow, naive platitudes and partisan theorizing.

The Dems have their own issues.

And again, both ends are party over country.

The Democrats want to promote higher wages for the middle class.

You get that by having a smaller labor supply than there is a demand for. Econ 101.

It was climbing when Obama was President. The fact is that independents are fed up with Trump and it has nothing to do with the media. You offer nothing about excuses. The Dow does not affect most people and has nothing to do with the economy.

It wasn't climbing at the rate it is now and that was not an excuse, it was a recent example of the MSM ignoring positive news.

Don't jump for joy.....

More Americans need a 2nd job to make ends meet — and it's sending a troubling message about the economy

Yep, you can thank the ever increasing costs of maobamacare and 10's of millions of illegals taking job and holding down wages for that.

The fact is that Obamacare is not the problem. Healthcare costs were growing before Obamacare. The problem is that healthcare costs too much. Also illegal immigrants are not holding wages down. You sound exactly like the $15 minimum wage crowd. That we can artificially raise wages. Businesses will pay only a certain amount in wages. Look at what happened to Carrier. Carrier kept some jobs they were planning to send to Mexico temporarily while they automated. Now the jobs are gone.

Everything the government throws billions of dollars at cost too much, it the nature of the beast. I'm still waiting to see the $2,500 premium reductions your dear leader promised. The fact is maobamacare was designed to fail so the commiecrats could come in as the savior by proposing single payer. That's typical of commiecrats, they create a problem and then claim only they can fix it.

The healthcare problem has been ongoing for some time. Republicans want to ignore the problem. There are some aspects that have worked and it needs to be fixed. That is what voters want.

Voters didn't want that monstrosity to begin with and it has turned out to be on huge pile of steaming shit. The commiecrats always think their the smartest people in the room, that is rarely the case.

Voters do not support it. They support DACA and giving illegals a path to citizenship. They oppose a wall. Republicans want to ignore the problem of healthcare.
That is as wrong as the Democrats. We need a approach that cuts out radicals on the right and left.

You're full of it, the wall was a cornerstone promise of Trumps campaign, if the voters didn't want it, the bitch would have won.

The biggest tax on the middle class was the corporate welfare system for the insurance companies and big pharma known as Obamacare. This far left drone does not understand basic economics.

Anyone fully supporting Obamacare hates the middle class.

Although you will never see the far left define the middle class except as union jobs only.

Yep, everyone I know that's on it absolutely hates it.

Forum List

Back