"I've been treated worse than Lincoln", Trump said today

BTW, he called the FAKE NEWS the enemy of the people. You TDS douchebags always leave that qualifier out. We know it isn't accidental. It's just your fundamental dishonesty.
Screenshot below.

My goodness. Are you lying or completely ignorant?

Either way, you are lost in your nutter ideology.

BnZfG3s.gif
So he forgot to add the word "fake" before "press." If he said it "fake news" 10000 times and then said just "the press" one time, turds like you would accuse him of blaming all the press instead of just the douchebags you like.
He forgot to add the word you claimed he used.

:auiqs.jpg:
LOLOLOL

Yeah, that would be the USMB fucking moron digging in his high heels rather than just admit he was wrong after claiming he admits he's wrong when he is. :lmao:
You're such a douchebag. You only ever win on trivia like this, and then you prance around like your some kind of rocket scientist.
Great, now that you concede I won, let's see you man up and admit you were wrong....
when pigs fly he will never admit he's wrong just like dump
He was nailed lying, twice, and acted like a 12 year old (like his hero) all the way through.

It's the Age of Trump. It's condoned.

BTW, he called the FAKE NEWS the enemy of the people. You TDS douchebags always leave that qualifier out. We know it isn't accidental. It's just your fundamental dishonesty.
Screenshot below.

BnZfG3s.gif
So he forgot to add the word "fake" before "press." If he said it "fake news" 10000 times and then said just "the press" one time, turds like you would accuse him of blaming all the press instead of just the douchebags you like.

LOLOLOL

Yeah, that would be the USMB fucking moron digging in his high heels rather than just admit he was wrong after claiming he admits he's wrong when he is. :lmao:
You're such a douchebag. You only ever win on trivia like this, and then you prance around like your some kind of rocket scientist.
Great, now that you concede I won, let's see you man up and admit you were wrong....
He was nailed lying, twice, and acted like a 12 year old (like his hero) all the way through.

You're hallucinating, asshole.

They always said Lincoln, nobody got treated worse than Lincoln. I believe I am treated worse."
In the middle of a pandemic, Donald Trump makes it at all about himself again.

Yes, he said the truth. And you leftist fucks are lying again. His statement has nothing to do with Lincoln assassination.

His statement is about how he is treated by the press.

They always said Lincoln, nobody got treated worse than Lincoln. I believe I am treated worse."
He's right, isn't he?

Are you saying he is dead?

A big orange zombie blob?

Did press killed Lincoln?

Yes, he said the truth. And you leftist fucks are lying again. His statement has nothing to do with Lincoln assassination.

His statement is about how he is treated by the press.
They keep trying to sneek in the fact that John Wilkes Booth assasinated him when Trump was talking about the press, not some insane actor.

This OP really made me laugh. Actually I should thank our President. Have we ever had a President so clueless about history, so narcissistic and childish?

Granted that many Democrats (and some traditional Republicans) suffer from “TDS” — but can you really blame them?

Was Trump wrong about how press treated Lincoln?

Lincoln was treated so bad that he shut down some 200 news papers, and arrested journalists (his Secretary of War Stanton did). But he did not arrested those who just disagreed with politics, he arrested those who were suspected of insurrection or fomenting it , spying, sabotage, or publishing information about troops.

Trump should follow the example.

This OP really made me laugh. Actually I should thank our President. Have we ever had a President so clueless about history, so narcissistic and childish?

Granted that many Democrats (and some traditional Republicans) suffer from “TDS” — but can you really blame them?

Lincoln was treated so bad that he shut down some 200 news papers, and arrested journalists (his Secretary of War Stanton did). But he did not arrested those who disagreed with politics, he arrested those who were suspected of insurrection or fomenting it , spying, sabotage, or publishing information about troops.

Hmmm, I hate to bring this up, but Lincoln imprisoned numerous people simply for questioning his policies. That includes reporters. They were accused of various bogus crimes like the ones you listed, but their only real crime was criticizing Lincoln.

Lincoln was treated so bad that he shut down some 200 news papers, and arrested journalists (his Secretary of War Stanton did). But he did not arrested those who disagreed with politics, he arrested those who were suspected of insurrection or fomenting it , spying, sabotage, or publishing information about troops.

Hmmm, I hate to bring this up, but Lincoln imprisoned numerous people simply for questioning his policies. That includes reporters. They were accused of various bogus crimes like the ones you listed, but their only real crime was criticizing Lincoln.

Possible. Yes, there were excessively "criticizing" him and his administration. But looking at the press overall, what they're saying is a critique, in most cases are just lies. Back then, they were openly calling for insurrection, and were calling for states to separate from union.

Possible. Yes, there were excessively "criticizing" him and his administration. But looking at the press overall, what they're saying is a critique, in most cases are just lies. Back then, they were openly calling for insurrection, and were calling for states to separate from union.
There's nothing in the law that says you can't call for a state to separate from the union. People do that to this day.

There's nothing in the law that says you can't call for a state to separate from the union. People do that to this day.

Correct. I am not disputing that Lincoln was a tyrant, or that I defending his actions over the press.

However, job of the press is to inform the people, not to create the policy.

Lincoln was treated so bad that he shut down some 200 news papers, and arrested journalists (his Secretary of War Stanton did). But he did not arrested those who just disagreed with politics, he arrested those who were suspected of insurrection or fomenting it , spying, sabotage, or publishing information about troops.

I’m afraid these comments reflect the personalization of politics today, particularly the lack of historical understanding of President Trump’s “personality cult” fan club. Lincoln knowingly allowed free reign to his military commanders (and sometimes even just political supporters) to close down many pro-Confederate (and some anti-draft) newspapers NOT because they were criticizing him personally, but because the U.S. was actively involved in a bloody war with armed rebels on U.S. soil.

Northern newspapers could not circulate freely, and Southern-published pro-Union propaganda and newspapers were even more forcefully suppressed in the South at the same time. Indeed, for many years before the war broke out abolitionist newspapers could not even be sent through the mails in the South. Even in the North and West abolitionist publishers were violently beaten, even killed in the period before the war began. This was the terrible reality of that period of “Slave Power” ascendancy in the United States of America.

As commander-in-chief in time of war Lincoln did what he felt was necessary, and indeed many of the publishers of newspapers temporarily closed were in fact later determined to be openly working and spying for the Confederacy. None were executed. Most of the papers later re-opened under different or the very same publishers. Elections (in the North) were held during the Civil War, and hundreds of newspapers were allowed to criticize Lincoln’s war policies and personality, sometimes quite viciously.

In war, not just newspapers, but mayors and governors and enemy generals get persecuted and imprisoned, and soldiers die. Civil War is no joke. Those who compare an impeachment process, however badly or unsuccessfully carried out, to a “coup d’etat” or civil war ... don’t know what they are talking about.

I’m afraid these comments reflect the personalization of politics today, particularly the lack of historical understanding of President Trump’s “personality cult” fan club. Lincoln knowingly allowed free reign to his military commanders (and sometimes even just political supporters) to close down many pro-Confederate (and some anti-draft) newspapers NOT because they were criticizing him personally, but because the U.S. was actively involved in a bloody war with armed rebels on U.S. soil.

Wrong. All they had to do was criticize Lincoln. Federal troops arrested people and through them in prison.

Northern newspapers could not circulate freely, and Southern-published pro-Union propaganda and newspapers were even more forcefully suppressed in the South at the same time. Indeed, for many years before the war broke out abolitionist newspapers could not even be sent through the mails in the South. Even in the North and West abolitionist publishers were violently beaten, even killed in the period before the war began. This was the terrible reality of that period of “Slave Power” ascendancy in the United States of America.

Yeah, we know that. Where does the Bill of Rights allow the government to censor newspapers?

As commander-in-chief in time of war Lincoln did what he felt was necessary, and indeed many of the publishers of newspapers temporarily closed were in fact later determined to be openly working and spying for the Confederacy. None were executed. Most of the papers later re-opened under different or the very same publishers. Elections (in the North) were held during the Civil War, and hundreds of newspapers were allowed to criticize Lincoln’s war policies and personality, sometimes quite viciously.

In war, not just newspapers, but mayors and governors and enemy generals get persecuted and imprisoned, and soldiers die. Civil War is no joke. Those who compare an impeachment process, however badly or unsuccessfully carried out, to a “coup d’etat” or civil war ... don’t know what they are talking about.

When did the federal government declare war? I don't see any record of that event.

Furthermore, when did a declaration of war give the federal government the authority to throw out the Bill of Rights?

No one was even talking about the impeachment, numskull.

"lack of historical understanding"

And you just assume that, and proceed to reply as it's true?

Trump clearly said that he's being treated worse than Lincoln by the press. You omit "by the press" part and kept repeating that he said "he's being treated worse than Lincoln, and kept narrative as this is discussion about Lincoln. No, this is discussion about the press and how they treat the president, how they lie about him, and how they're taking words out of context to fit their agenda. Your reaction, and press reaction are the proof that he's spot on, and you can't stand it, so you have to deflect.

Yes, I said that Trump should follow example, and go after journalists that write lies and misinterpret what he said. I know he can't do much about it due to the Constitution and laws, so the only thing he can do, and doing it pretty much every day is, exposing their lies and forcing them to acknowledge them. That is his right and he's exercising it. Unlike Lincoln, he did nothing to suppress the freedom of the press, and criticizing media for their lies, and calling them fake news is not infringement of their constitutional rights.

Screenshot below.

BnZfG3s.gif

LOLOLOL

Differing with your view of the facts is not lying, you lying scumbag.

Forum List

Back