🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ive changed my mind

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Yesterday I said rubio's strategy was dumb. I'm not so sure it is any more. My statement was on the assumption he was looking to be president. I don't think he is. I think he is looking to be a king maker. In that regard he does have a good strategy.

I would not be surprised if this fall we have a Cruz/Rubio ticket. That's pretty amazing to think about realizing both are tea party candidates. And much better than voting in a rino

Yesterday I said rubio's strategy was dumb. I'm not so sure it is any more. My statement was on the assumption he was looking to be president. I don't think he is. I think he is looking to be a king maker. In that regard he does have a good strategy.

I would not be surprised if this fall we have a Cruz/Rubio ticket. That's pretty amazing to think about realizing both are tea party candidates. And much better than voting in a rino

Well, at least you're consistent. You were wrong yesterday and you're wrong today as well.

I'm not so sure Rubio has a plan. Trump is a bully and conman, but among the attributes of that kind of person is the "art" of spotting weaknesses, e.g. a bully will never pick on anyone who'd rather lose a fist fight than be bullied, and a conman succeeds by appealing to a person who has a need he/she cannot fulfill, such as love or lust or money. Trump nails Rubio by calling him little. Rubio was convinced he had the attributes to be president, and it's painfully obvious he overestimated himself. Likewise Jeb IS low energy. He's actually a decent man and policy wonk, but working a crowd is not his thing.

But, a Cruz Rubio ticket is probably the only hope of derailing Trump, though I think its pretty certain he will be the nominee.

Rubio left the Tea Party the day he joined the Gang of Eight. And if Cruz chose him as a running mate Ted risks losing support from his base. It would be a toxic ticket.

Rubio is toast. Trump has 285 delegates, Rubio has 87. He's not even close to winning his own state of Florida in two weeks. He's a good guy and most likely would have been my choice, but it's too late.
The RNC can't decide if it wants to stop Trump by keeping all the spoilers in the race, hoping for a contested convention, or if they want all but Cruz to drop out and consolidate the opposition. If the RNC doesn't come up with a unified plan fast, like yesterday, the runaway train called Trump is going to run over them all.
It's amazing. It has been a few years since I seriously considered the Republicans, and now the RNC has completely lost control. Maybe I jinxed them. Sorry!

That could be. I really think Cruz did well on Tuesday. He's still in it. It isn't over just yet.

Rubio is a RINO. How could you not know this?

True, Rubio is a Jeb Bush-wannabe. I find him to be a milquetoast fraud. It would be very difficult for me to support him. However, i do like Cruz. Cruz has always upset the GOP Establishment.

When i see corrupt buffoons like John McCain insulting him, it makes me proud to support him. So i could go with Cruz if he is the man. But i would prefer he go with someone other than Rubio as VP.

In a month or so, you will realize that the two you imagine on the presidential ticket have no chance of being there.

It is to be hoped that they will also realize it and stop the backstabbing and bickering and slandering and name calling and accept the fact that life is full of surprises and disappointments and get behind the Republican nominee who is going to be Donald Trump.

And those in the "Establishment" would do well to remember that Trump is running as a REPUBLICAN not as a conservative.

Trump injects the life blood the Republican Party has been long overdue receiving.

True, Rubio is a Jeb Bush-wannabe. I find him to be a milquetoast fraud. It would be very difficult for me to support him. However, i do like Cruz. Cruz has always upset the GOP Establishment.

When i see corrupt buffoons like John McCain insulting him, it makes me proud to support him. So i could go with Cruz if he is the man. But i would prefer he go with someone other than Rubio as VP.

But IF you were a Cruz supporter, it shouldn't dampen your enthusiasm for Cruz simply because Cruz saw political advantage in allying himself with Marco. A VP has no real power.

In a month or so, you will realize that the two you imagine on the presidential ticket have no chance of being there.

It is to be hoped that they will also realize it and stop the backstabbing and bickering and slandering and name calling and accept the fact that life is full of surprises and disappointments and get behind the Republican nominee who is going to be Donald Trump.

And those in the "Establishment" would do well to remember that Trump is running as a REPUBLICAN not as a conservative.

Trump injects the life blood the Republican Party has been long overdue receiving.
How can someone who's been prochoice and proClinton just eight years ago inject life into the GOP?

But IF you were a Cruz supporter, it shouldn't dampen your enthusiasm for Cruz simply because Cruz saw political advantage in allying himself with Marco. A VP has no real power.

Oh yeah, i would obviously go with Cruz over Hillary Clinton regardless of who his VP is. I'm just not a Rubio fan. I don't feel he can ever be trusted.

Except that Ted Cruz will be found by the US Supreme Court to not be eligible to run for president because he has a Canadian birth certificate...and if you think for a minute that either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton won't put top constitutional law teams on that suit before the election (or worse, after it), think again..

How can someone who's been prochoice and proClinton just eight years ago inject life into the GOP?

I claim no perfection as a human being, so I humbly confess that I changed my mind on many issues I never thought I would ever waiver on. It is called progress, evolution and just plain being grown up.

I don't suppose you have any problem of Hillary changing her "mind" about gay "marriage"? Or gays in the military? Or Obama about closing Gitmo and do nothing about it for seven years? Or John Kerry being for it before he voted against it - whatever that was?

The image if a child in the womb (thanks to ultra sound) before he/she is executed by a legalized criminal known as "doctor" is enough or should be enough to change the mind of any decent person about abortion.

I am willing to give Donald Trump a pass on that.

Forum List

Back