Zone1 I've Decided to Give Up Cussing

Or at least really give an effort too. I haven't been feeling right being a Christian and using the F bomb. Oh I'm still going to use my anger against the left, but it can still be righteous anger as I don't have to cuss to do it.
Great!

As a Jew, I keep holidays and Sabbaths and most Kosher. But I post on forums where people use inappropriate language -- which is bad.

PS. Now I am mostly on Russian-language forums.

Or at least really give an effort too. I haven't been feeling right being a Christian and using the F bomb. Oh I'm still going to use my anger against the left, but it can still be righteous anger as I don't have to cuss to do it.
I've improved on this sigificantly over the last few months. Only once when speaking to an apparent friend did I use the F bomb, twice. I felt bad but he made some inappropriate comments that riled me up. I have to calm down in general, revert to my natural, calm demeanor that has taken a back seat over the last few years. I use to be excessively cerebral...not over the last few years I fear.

Fuck that!

A part of me thinks this is funny lol but cussing just isn't necessary to make a point across. Jesus would be extremely angry with all of the stuff going on in our country today but He still never swore.

That's good. I did this long ago, except here sometimes. And yes they all deserved it.

Yes, but it still doesn't make it justified in the eyes of the Lord.

From your responses here, (@FJB) and an old screen name that is inappropriate, you have a hard time convincing anyone that you are a Christian.

Get a job.

Yes, but it still doesn't make it justified in the eyes of the Lord.

there are greater goals to please the heavens ... correct the forgeries and fallacies of the c-bible, remove the false 10 commandments made up by moses ...

• You shall have no other God's before me.
  • Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images. ...
  • Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain

three ringers to begin with ... then again moses might get upset.

- or be set free from their crime used to persecute and victimize the innocent from that time to the present day.

When I use so-called "bad words".........it's because I'm trying to emphasize a point or bring down a fuktard thats attacking me for no reason.

I also love to do it to people who claim "I don't cuss", just to see the looks on their faces. But for you, I won't do that.......of course.

I try to keep it professional........but sometimes the stupid, moronic, imbecilic, and fuktarded just don't comprehend anything in normal, polite English.

I haven't been feeling right being a Christian and using the F bomb.

I'm catholic...and the only ones I see any problem with is GD or JFC.

"Fuck" doesn't bother me a bit. Nor does "shit".

CookieMonster1.jpeg

I've been trying to cut back on using words like Pedophile, Groomers, and Democrats in the same sentence, but it's difficult.

Swearing loses it's emotional shock when one uses it all the time. With the ubiquity of the word 'fuck' these days it has lost much of its 'punch.'

I spent too much time at a certain place to ever attempt that.

At that place, no sentence is complete w/o at least 2 "fucks".
I'll never forget the ol' boy that epitomizes the whole deal about that.

It's a place where the term "cuss like a sailor" comes from.

I can self-regulate some, but years doing things form habits.

Some relevant Bible verses on the matter...

Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.
Psalm 141:3

But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. - Colossians 3:8

Let no corrupt [unwholesome, rotten] word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. - Ephesians 4:29

But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness [obscenity], nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. - Ephesians 5:3-4

There is righteous anger, but always be cautious (“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil. - Ephesians 4:26-27)

Now, that will always be tough in political board discussions. The natural tendency is to repay insult for insult. We're all capable of that. That doesn't lead to good discussion and certainly doesn't convince anybody, only to alienate. Some people aren't worth engaging with, "casting pearls before swine" and all that (Matthew 7:6). Sometimes you just have to be selective in choosing the battles in which to engage.

Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling [insult for insult], but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. - 1 Peter 3:8-9

Forum List

Back