Jake raises an interesting question.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Jake is the name of a 25 year old, undecided voter interviewed by a NYT reporter who wanted to understand what might cause Jake to cast his vote for trump or Harris. As it turns out it's literally as random as what issue he felt was more important on the day he went to the polls. This, after giving the somewhat fuzzy answer he "liked" trump on the issue of immigration but didn't like trump the man. An answer leaving us in the dark about the specifics of what he agrees with trump on regarding immigration.

Here's the question I think Jake's approach to voting raises. Does he do a service or a disservice to the country by voting while only having a cursory familiarity with the candidates and their positions? That is, does casting a vote for trump based on his unspecified agreement with him on the issue of immigration, without consideration of the extremely harmful lies trump has been telling about the government's relief efforts in the wake of Helene, satisfy Jake's responsibility all citizens have of casting an informed vote? And if the answer is no, what chance does the republic have to be successful?

Republicans in Congress call out hurricane misinformation coming from within their own party
https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/09/politics/republicans-congress-hurricane-misinformation/index.html

Jake is the reason election day needs to be great again.

Election day was much like a natural selection process where the people who had a real interest in the country got dressed-up and went to vote.....The wishy-washy stayed home.

Now the dem move seems to be get anyone with a pulse (some without) registered and then send them ballots for "someone" to fill out and put in drop boxes.

I wonder what ever happened to the original Jake from State Farm, you know, the white guy they just HAD to replace with a black guy.
🤔
Still working for SF....He was a real employee.

2020-jake-from-state-farm-campaign-required-more-time-1618792049.webp

They put out an employee casting call and he was hired for the spot.

Gee, I was going to respond to some of the replies but I have all those posters who replied on ignore for being fatuous simps.

Gee, I was going to respond to some of the replies but I have all those posters who replied on ignore for being fatuous simps.
Well at least it morphed into something interesting for a change.....I've heard a lot of folks ponder about what happened to Jake of SF.

For such a lame post you did some good in the end. ;)

Jake is the name of a 25 year old, undecided voter

Lessee, Jake is 25 years old and undecided. Don't meet many 25 year olds these days who don't have shit fer brains.
But undecided?
  1. Harris has been the VP of this country the past four years.
  2. Before that, she was in the U.S. Senate for four years.
  3. Trump was president of the country for four years.
  4. Trump has been in the news almost daily for nine years.
  5. Before that, Trump had a hit TV show for 15 seasons.
And this boob needs still more time to decide who he is for, and you are stupid enough to think we should yet care what this idiot thinks.

Or you.

Jake is the name of a 25 year old, undecided voter interviewed by a NYT reporter who wanted to understand what might cause Jake to cast his vote for trump or Harris. As it turns out it's literally as random as what issue he felt was more important on the day he went to the polls. This, after giving the somewhat fuzzy answer he "liked" trump on the issue of immigration but didn't like trump the man. An answer leaving us in the dark about the specifics of what he agrees with trump on regarding immigration.

Here's the question I think Jake's approach to voting raises. Does he do a service or a disservice to the country by voting while only having a cursory familiarity with the candidates and their positions? That is, does casting a vote for trump based on his unspecified agreement with him on the issue of immigration, without consideration of the extremely harmful lies trump has been telling about the government's relief efforts in the wake of Helene, satisfy Jake's responsibility all citizens have of casting an informed vote? And if the answer is no, what chance does the republic have to be successful?

Republicans in Congress call out hurricane misinformation coming from within their own party
https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/09/politics/republicans-congress-hurricane-misinformation/index.html
Could you repost in English please?

Is that Jake from State Farm Insurance ?

I wonder what ever happened to the original Jake from State Farm, you know, the white guy they just HAD to replace with a black guy.
🤔
The original Jake made a comment which the transsexual elitists found offensive. So the ad boys had to revamp him. Erase him. Redo him.

Yeah. Well, she’s a guy; so ….

I suspect a lot of people are starting to realize they aren't voting for who they want to sit down and have a beer with. They are voting for who is best to represent their interest with common sense policies that are best for America. That candidate is Donald Trump. It doesn't help Kamala that she is so unlikable with her never-ending word salads and is has no knowledge of how to solve today's issues.

I suspect a lot of people are starting to realize they aren't voting for who they want to sit down and have a beer with. They are voting for who is best to represent their interest with common sense policies that are best for America. That candidate is Donald Trump. It doesn't help Kamala that she is so unlikable with her never-ending word salads and is has no knowledge of how to solve today's issues.
That and if you sat down to have a beer with Trump he would not make it into some racial thing like the Halfrican did with his "beer summit".

Come on. Was the border better or worse for Biden.? Biden fucked it up.

Was inflation better or worse for Biden.? Thanks for all those tax cuts for people who DON'T WORK, progs.

That's the way it works. It's the economy, stupid.

And the dems can't figure out if they're for Israel or college kids who've never worked. That's even a new twist for the party of self-immolation. lol Now if Trump wasn't such a vindictive sob whose only loyalty is to himself.

Forum List

Back