Japanese Emperor Calls Pearl Harbor a “Dick Move”

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Wow! Looks like the Imperial Leader of Japan has his act in order. And, he says he used the Americanization on purpose.

Really, what the hell were we thinking? That was a really weird time for us,” Akihito added.

And, this brilliant lampoon adds:

At press time analysts noted that throughout the entire speech Akihito didn’t ever actually use the words “sorry,” “apologize” or even “our bad,” for the 1941 attack.

Read more: Japanese Emperor Admits Pearl Harbor "Kind of a Dick Move"

(I really get a kick out of reading this blog every day)

Too bad the Japanese government at the time wasn't as prudent as today. Even the top admiral of the Japanese navy, Yamamoto, told his superiors Japan could not defeat the US. All he could promise was his fleet could wreak havoc in the Pacific for 6 months, after that he couldn't promise anything. And that was incredibly accurate. Midway took place almost exactly 6 months after Pearl Harbor. And after Midway the Japanese were fighting only a delaying action the rest of the way.

Wow! Looks like the Imperial Leader of Japan has his act in order. And, he says he used the Americanization on purpose.

Really, what the hell were we thinking? That was a really weird time for us,” Akihito added.

And, this brilliant lampoon adds:

At press time analysts noted that throughout the entire speech Akihito didn’t ever actually use the words “sorry,” “apologize” or even “our bad,” for the 1941 attack.

Read more: Japanese Emperor Admits Pearl Harbor "Kind of a Dick Move"

(I really get a kick out of reading this blog every day)

See, nuking people works even 70 years later.

Let's nuke ISIS.

You get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word. - Al Capone

It's kind of ironic that the U.S. Military, which was virtually in charge when former senator Harry Truman found himself president in April 1945, decided that the only terms for Japan would be unconditional surrender. Japanese holdouts desperately tried to negotiate with Stalin for reasonable terms that included the preservation of the Japanese emperor but "give 'em hell Harry" didn't want to talk about it. After Truman authorized the two Atomic Bombs the Japanese Emperor dynasty was authorized anyway.

IT WAS A HUMOR POST DAMN IT!

Too bad, it would be cool to hear a head of state say something like that. But shouldn't this be in a forum other than 'history'? I think this is what threw people, and I was too lazy to read a link or google this.

Too bad, it would be cool to hear a head of state say something like that. But shouldn't this be in a forum other than 'history'? I think this is what threw people, and I was too lazy to read a link or google this.

I just didn't know where else to put it!

Be neat if they had a Humor or On The Light Side thread.

I just didn't know where else to put it!

Be neat if they had a Humor or On The Light Side thread.

Yes that is a good idea. The Lighter Side forum. USMB this is a good idea.

It's kind of ironic that the U.S. Military, which was virtually in charge when former senator Harry Truman found himself president in April 1945, decided that the only terms for Japan would be unconditional surrender. Japanese holdouts desperately tried to negotiate with Stalin for reasonable terms that included the preservation of the Japanese emperor but "give 'em hell Harry" didn't want to talk about it. After Truman authorized the two Atomic Bombs the Japanese Emperor dynasty was authorized anyway.

The Japanese needed to know they were beaten. A negotiated settlement would not have done that. The Emperor was kept on based on the will of the US, not based on any negotiation.

somebody mention a dick??

alg-bow-barack-obama-jpg.jpg

Supposedly, Japan attacked us "because oil embargo" so what happened after the attack, did we say, "Oh you attacked us, ok nevermind about the embargo, here's your oil"?

Also, why embargo Japan in the first place? They were natural enemies of the ChiComs and USSR, I'll bet Stalin's spies gave FDR the idea to start the embargo to direct Japan and the USA on a collision course

Forum List

Back