Jay Carney and wife's photoshopped library fiasco

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Lol, busted faking it again...honest is a foreign concept...

The political Twittersphere erupted into guffaws Saturday after a women's lifestyle magazine published a soft profile of ABC journalist Claire Shipman – the wife of White House Press Secretary Jay Carney – and applied ham-fisted Photoshop edits to a photo of the family bookshelf.
Now it's not so empty.

The photograph shows Carney and Shipman standing in front of a briefing podium, miming the routine of a press conference by taking questions from their enthusiastic children. The bookshelf is situated behind them.

A dozen or more cut-and-paste operations later, 12-year-old Hugo Carney's left pinky finger wound up halfway across the room, left behind when a book jacket was cloned.

That's just the most obvious edit.

Read more: How many books has Jay Carney read? DC mag Photoshops the White House press secretary's bookshelves to fill in the blanks | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Carney_zps7732eb3f.png

I read somewhere that the Carney's also had a couple of Soviet era propaganda posters hanging in their house, showed up in the puff piece the magazine did...

I read somewhere that the Carney's also had a couple of Soviet era propaganda posters hanging in their house, showed up in the puff piece the magazine did...

I hadn't seen that, found it now though...thanks for the heads-up:

Obama's press secretary decorates home with Soviet propaganda - The Week

Actually, those are kind of cool. I'd be tempted to hang those in my study...

Vintage Soviet propaganda is kind of cool for a man cave if you are a scraggly bearded 18 year old college kid but it definitely ain't cool for the guy who interprets the president's agenda. Carney should know better but he doesn't give a damn because stupid lefties don't give a damn. His wife spend a few years in the Soviet union with her former husband and apparently shares her new husband's fascination for Soviet propaganda.

We've discussed those in another thread. They're quite collectible, up to a couple of thousand each. One was a poster for recruits for the Russian civil war, the other was celebrating women working in manufacturing during WWII, ala' Rosie the Riveter.

Carney started his career in Russia and was a fervent student of it's history.

Doesn't make him a communist any more than collectors of Nazi paraphernalia are Nazis.

Regardless, if he was a commie, I seriously doubt he'd post proof on his living room walls.

The Soviet Propaganda is the most interesting aspect...quite revealing and Refreshingly Honest (for a change).

We've discussed those in another thread. They're quite collectible, up to a couple of thousand each. One was a poster for recruits for the Russian civil war, the other was celebrating women working in manufacturing during WWII, ala' Rosie the Riveter.

Doesn't make him a communist any more than collectors of Nazi paraphernalia are Nazis.

Yeah, which is why the German government prosecutes people for owning Nazi memorabilia, you lying ****.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Regardless, if he was a commie, I seriously doubt he'd post proof on his living room walls.

LOL...let me get this straight, if Jay Carney had Nazi propaganda posters on his kitchen walls, you'd be totally cool with that?

I call bullshit.

LOL...let me get this straight, if Jay Carney had Nazi propaganda posters on his kitchen walls, you'd be totally cool with that?

I call bullshit.

Yea, I wonder where that tolerance is when southerners display their Confederate flags. They are always accused of racism because of a flag that has other meanings, yet libs can post radical shit and it's just an interest in collectibles. Okay.

I call bullshit.

Yea, I wonder where that tolerance is when southerners display their Confederate flags. They are always accused of racism because of a flag that has other meanings, yet libs can post radical shit and it's just an interest in collectibles. Okay.

You obviously don't understand the collectibles market. A confederate flag c 1861-65 in good condition would be worth over 100k. One doesn't need to be a racist, nazi, or commie to appreciate that.

Of course Bubba with his ten buck flag bought at the Army - navy store flying off the back of his pickup is a different story.

I call bullshit.

You obviously don't understand the collectibles market. A confederate flag c 1861-65 in good condition would be worth over 100k. One doesn't need to be a racist, nazi, or commie to appreciate that.

Of course Bubba with his ten buck flag bought at the Army - navy store flying off the back of his pickup is a different story.

This just gets better and better. :lol:

So as long as Bubba spends 100K on his flag, you support his ownership and display of said flag.

But an identical flag costing $10 is racist and demeaning. :lol:

A word of advice, when you find yourself in a hole, the FIRST thing you should do...is stop digging. :dig:

But I'm betting you can't.

So I'll ask...what exactly is the difference between the symbolism of a $100,000 Confederate flag and an identical $10 Confederate flag?

Forum List

Back