JD Vance breaks polling records

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

On the heels of last week's Republican National Convention, the Ohio senator is the least-liked vice-presidential candidate since 1980, CNN found in a polling analysis. It noted the data applied to nonincumbents.

Since 2000, vice-presidential nominees typically have had a net-positive rating immediately following the convention, at plus 19 points. Vance, however, is polling at minus 6 points just one week after accepting the vice-presidential nomination and officially embarking on the campaign trail, the network found.
The freshman lawmaker's lower-than-normal approval ratings are not an anomaly, as Vance has long polled behind other Republicans.

Vance heavily underperformed in his 2022 Ohio Senate race, at least compared with how other Republicans performed in the state that year. Vance defeated his opponent, then-Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan, by only 6 percentage points. In comparison, Republican Gov. Mike DeWine crushed his Democratic opponent, former Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, by 25 percentage points in that same cycle.

It really does make one wonder why Trump choose him.

I am of the opinion that Trump was so assured of his own victory in Nov that he choose Vance to take the mantel of MAGA in 2028.

On the heels of last week's Republican National Convention, the Ohio senator is the least-liked vice-presidential candidate since 1980, CNN found in a polling analysis. It noted the data applied to nonincumbents.

Since 2000, vice-presidential nominees typically have had a net-positive rating immediately following the convention, at plus 19 points. Vance, however, is polling at minus 6 points just one week after accepting the vice-presidential nomination and officially embarking on the campaign trail, the network found.
The freshman lawmaker's lower-than-normal approval ratings are not an anomaly, as Vance has long polled behind other Republicans.

Vance heavily underperformed in his 2022 Ohio Senate race, at least compared with how other Republicans performed in the state that year. Vance defeated his opponent, then-Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan, by only 6 percentage points. In comparison, Republican Gov. Mike DeWine crushed his Democratic opponent, former Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, by 25 percentage points in that same cycle.

I am of the opinion that Trump was so assured of his own victory in Nov that he choose Vance to take the mantel of MAGA in 2028.
/—-/ We all know CNN has the best interest of the Trump campaign at heart.
They are only trying to guide us.

Voters do not vote for the VP dumbass.

Harris didn't even pick one yet.

Besides, Vance was picked to help swing the dem's "blue wall" states to Trump.
/—-/ That’s correct. Besides, I followed the link and could not find the poll demographics. If it were a legit poll why hide the data? What are they hiding ?

/—-/ That’s correct. Besides, I followed the link and could not find the poll demographics. If it were a legit poll why hide the data? What are they hiding ?
orcnvY6HG6EFP3Mm.jpg:large

Blah, you vote for the head of the ticket.....All is expected of the VP is that they be reasonably competent. No issues with Vance in that department.

I suspect the dems will be wishing before long that FJB had chose more wisely.....More like the party hacks that saddled him with FKH.

You can't say "FKH." Everybody and his brother has already done her.

You're making the same mistake the left has been doing for over 8 years: Underestimating what Donald Trump is capable of.

You don't have to like him.....That he can do the job if need be is all that matters.

If I need a book written, I'll consider him.

That's why VPs are given things to do like Border Czar, to prove themselves for the big job. Sadly that did not work out well for FKH and America.

No doubt Harris was disliked also..........but this is about Vance.

I don't think he is a well-known figure nationally. He has said a few true things about the Democrat nominee - I forget his name - that Woke Wimmin will find demeaning. Something about her being a childless cat lady I think.

But there is no question that the Republican base loves him. He exudes confidence and competence, something that no Democrat on that national level has done in quite a while.

I don't think he is a well-known figure nationally. He has said a few true things about the Democrat nominee - I forget his name - that Woke Wimmin will find demeaning. Something about her being a childless cat lady I think.

He said women should stay in marriages even if their husband beats them.

But there is no question that the Republican base loves him. He exudes confidence and competence, something that no Democrat on that national level has done in quite a while.

If things like that gets the base excited well I'm left speechless.

No, this was people behind the scenes pulling levers to convince Don Jr and then he would convince Trump. Regardless, we would need to know the details of this poll. National? Useless. Rustbelt States? Very, very valuable.

He also is an important voice to remind Trump of how critical Taiwan is, in this regard, with his military background and general intellect, Trump will listen.

If Trump chooses Rubio or Scott he wins the election. If he chose Gabbard he would win against any candidate.

The V.P isn't the key to the election. This is Trump vs Harris, there is no question, This V.P can make a difference in the Rust Belt though, which is critical on its own. I am certain that Trump discussed this at great length with Vance before he chose him. Have him walk the streets within these states if needed. Have Vance conduct his own rallies there (which he has already been doing in Penn as I've seen)

If I am Trump, I do rallies with Rubio and Scott. I speak openly about how important their futures will be in his administration if he wins. They both have appeal to a larger voting bloc.

You don't have to like him.....That he can do the job if need be is all that matters.

That's why VPs are given things to do like Border Czar, to prove themselves for the big job. Sadly that did not work out well for FKH and America.
To be fair, people tend to vote on likeability since they are so ignorant on the issues.

That is how we wound up with the wonderful Swamp we have now.

Forum List

Back