JD Vance Rebuked for Remarks About Professional Women

And it doesn't take a lot of hard work and dedication to be a wife and mother? Do you think maybe Vance is trying to make a point by pushing back on those on the far left who look down on women who choose to be wives and mothers? Maybe you're too dim to pick up on that?
No one is looking down on people who decide to stay at home and raise a family.

He’s not “pushing back”, he’s attacking people who made different life choices that he thinks they should.

I think it’s great when a parent can stay at home, whether they’re a man or a woman. Sadly it’s out of reach for most American families.

Women who excel at their jobs should be congratulated, not given guilt that they aren’t doing what some asshole thinks they should be doing.

‘Ohio Senator and former President Donald Trump's running mate JD Vance is facing new backlash on social media over remarks he made on a podcast in 2021 when he said that professional women "choose a path to misery" when they prioritize careers over having children.

During a podcast recording with American Moment, a conservative nonprofit, Vance was asked what he saw inside elite institutions, such as Yale Law School where he attended, that made him view them as corrupt.

"You have women who think that truly the liberationist path is to spend 90 hours a week working in a cubicle...instead of starting a family and having children," Vance told American Moment's president and founder Saurabh Sharma and its COO Nick Solheim. "...What they don't realize—and I think some of them do eventually realize that, thank God—is that that is actually a path to misery. And the path to happiness and to fulfillment is something that these institutions are telling people not to do."

He continued: "The corruption is it puts people on a career pipeline that causes them to chase things that will make them miserable and unhappy. And so, they get in positions of power and then they project that misery and happiness on the rest of society."’

Interesting that men who follow those paths are immune from ‘misery.’

Vance clearly hates women; men with no children are exempt from Vance’s hate.

It’s as if Vance is trying to lose the election.
He's a dumbass!

Why in the world do you think she’s throwing it away because she’s taking time to focus on her family while her husband campaigns for VP??

That’s just weird
Usha Vance herself tied her leaving her career to the announcement of her husband as Trump's running mate:

"In light of today’s news, I have resigned from my position at Munger, Tolles & Olson"

On the other hand, you completely ignored or missed my main point which is that it takes a lot of work to achieve the career level that she has. Some people choose to forego starting a family until after they achieve a certain level in their career, some opt to do both simultaneously, while others have no choice in the matter and oftentimes achieve those career accomplishments in tandem with starting and/or raising their family.

The point that is most contentious about JD's comments is the biased representation that those single women who have achieved admirable heights in their careers are "miserable" and "make everyone around them miserable too" (paraphrased). Now that is a weird statement to make especially when you consider it doesn't even come close to being true.

I have noticed though that people who are truly happy - in their lives, their relationships, their career choices - tend to want everyone else to be just as happy as they are. When I find that someone claims to be happy yet they're constantly grousing about other people's lives and what's happening and not happening in them, that usually is an indication that there is some misrepresentation going on.

Of course it would be unfortunate if she has made this decision based on the anticipation that she would become the wife of a United States vice president and that doesn't come to fruition. If it doesn't happen then it will be interesting to see if and how she pivots then.

And it doesn't take a lot of hard work and dedication to be a wife and mother? Do you think maybe Vance is trying to make a point by pushing back on those on the far left who look down on women who choose to be wives and mothers? Maybe you're too dim to pick up on that?
Most of the successful women in my life have obtained their levels of career success while being mothers, some single, some married. My sister used to take her children to class with her a times when there was no one to look after them so no, I'm not too "dim" to know that it takes hard work & dedication to be a wife and mother, but some of you don't seem to understand what it takes to achieve certain levels of success without a safety net or support system that a good spouse can provide.

Being single is much preferable to being in a less than ideal marriage or relationship. Nobody has the time, energy or finances to deal with other people's bullshit, which is what can happen if one chooses poorly when it comes to selecting a partner since a poor choice can drain all three of these resources.

Our divorce rates tell us how frequently people get it wrong the first time.

Usha Vance herself tied her leaving her career to the announcement of her husband as Trump's running mate:

On the other hand, you completely ignored or missed my main point which is that it takes a lot of work to achieve the career level that she has. Some people choose to forego starting a family until after they achieve a certain level in their career, some opt to do both simultaneously, while others have no choice in the matter and oftentimes achieve those career accomplishments in tandem with starting and/or raising their family.

The point that is most contentious about JD's comments is the biased representation that those single women who have achieved admirable heights in their careers are "miserable" and "make everyone around them miserable too" (paraphrased). Now that is a weird statement to make especially when you consider it doesn't even come close to being true.

I have noticed though that people who are truly happy - in their lives, their relationships, their career choices - tend to want everyone else to be just as happy as they are. When I find that someone claims to be happy yet they're constantly grousing about other people's lives and what's happening and not happening in them, that usually is an indication that there is some misrepresentation going on.

Of course it would be unfortunate if she has made this decision based on the anticipation that she would become the wife of a United States vice president and that doesn't come to fruition. If it doesn't happen then it will be interesting to see if and how she pivots then.
I know, that what I said. Did you not read my post?

Forum List

Back