JD Vance Just Flattens Smug 'Fact Checking' CBS News Mods in Epic Fashion on Springfield Topic

Because she was not in charge.

Trump was
LOL...you don't want to look at Nancy's initial response to Covid because you know she downplayed it far more than Trump did! She busted Trump's balls over his calls to shut down travel from China to the US calling it "racist"! She also told people that it was safe to be out socializing in San Francisco. My point is that almost nobody got Covid right from the start including Pelosi.
What you should be looking at is what did Trump do when it became apparent this was going to be something different. He left shut downs to the individual Governors which was the intelligent thing to do because US States vary so drastically so a one size fits all Federal mandate wouldn't have worked. He fast tracked development of the vaccines getting them produced in record time. He used the War Powers Act to get ventilators and protective materials produced. He had the largest field hospital ever built constructed at the Javit's Center in New York and sent a Navy hospital ship to New York as well when Cuomo was screaming for Federal help! Trump did the job, Lesh. I'd hate to have seen what would have happened if we'd had idiots like Biden and Harris running things.

Wow, you guys really are offended when people find out how much you lie.

You make it sound like Vance is the victim and not the American people.
The American people are the victims when Vance points out the true fact that Harris and Biden are using executive power to give illegal aliens legal status?

Can you connect the dots on this victimhood you perceive?

I'll give him this: He was polite, calm, cool, generous, and while often circling out on personal hyperbolics in giving answers, he always neatly circled back to tie it all in nicely with his official answer.

One thing I didn't like was how often when Walz was answering, he would be watching Walz then his eyes would turn to look straight at the camera.
The other thing was how Vance often failed to offer any emotion in his face, no inflection in his tone that the things he was talking about were important, concerning or exciting to him. He needs to work on that. This is one area where Trump wins in spades is in the ability to convey the emotional content to the viewer so that they can better relate to him.
He was smiling watching walz, that’s how you do it, when he turned back to look at the camera it looked like he was looking at the time on a clock as they were timed in responses.

I watched the debate twice, he was showing enough emotion to me. Trump goes off on tangents and takes the bait. JD was on point and it was a true Masterclass in every way.

Was he a bit too nice? Maybe. But that could have been a tactic, bringing walz in, destabilising him a bit, whilst walking all over him with a smile.

This is a high class VP pick by Trump. Smart.

Vance was spot on with the "magic wand" legal status comment. The mods were squirming because that is exactly what is going on.

Talk about a dodge, "we have many more important issues to get to"......BS, immigration is one of the two main issues Americans care about.

No shits given about what CBS wants us to care about.

Vance tried every lie in the book and failed miserably at all of them. Republicans are so used to lying with impunity that they can't handle getting called out for lying. The obvious solution to being fact checked is to STOP LYING.

He was smiling watching walz, that’s how you do it, when he turned back to look at the camera it looked like he was looking at the time on a clock as they were timed in responses.
That might be it, but I didn't see Vance smiling.

I watched the debate twice, he was showing enough emotion to me. Trump goes off on tangents and takes the bait. JD was on point and it was a true Masterclass in every way.
True, Trump goes in circles, repeats everything and rambles. I usually watch debates twice too, you always miss things and they look different the second time, but the interest just wasn't there because Scripts News only scheduled it for 90 minutes and my DVR cut off the end of it + any post debate coverage that followed.

Was he a bit too nice? Maybe. But that could have been a tactic, bringing walz in, destabilising him a bit, whilst walking all over him with a smile.
This is a high class VP pick by Trump. Smart.
I think Vance WAS too nice. Considering what Walz and Harris represent, I think he was WAY too nice. To far too many people, that debate will be the ONLY thing they see or know of these VPs before the election and far too much was left uncovered by both the mods AND Vance.

And yes, Vance was VERY nice, but remember what they always say about nice guys finishing last.

The American people are the victims when Vance points out the true fact that Harris and Biden are using executive power to give illegal aliens legal status?

Can you connect the dots on this victimhood you perceive?

The Haitians are not illegal immigrants. This racist zenophobia that the Trumpists have promulgated against immigrants is disgusting.

Vance tried every lie in the book and failed miserably at all of them. Republicans are so used to lying with impunity that they can't handle getting called out for lying. The obvious solution to being fact checked is to STOP LYING.
The two moderators tried to "fact check" after agreeing that would only be done by Vance or Walz and Vance was having none of it. He corrected them on what they claimed was a fact and refused to stop talking until they let him finish that correction. He did so politely but firmly. After that neither of the two moderators tried to go there. It was brilliantly done.

The Haitians are not illegal immigrants. This racist zenophobia that the Trumpists have promulgated against immigrants is disgusting.
I wonder how Dragonlady would feel if where SHE lived was suddenly inundated with immigrants totaling a third of her cities original population? It's all well and good when that's happening to someone ELSE but as you saw when Ron DeSantis sent a planeload of illegals to Martha's Vineyard...liberal elites don't want those "dirty people" living next to them! They had those illegals rounded up and on the first ferry off the island faster than you can say "Oh Buffy...Could you get me a no foam soy latte?" :)

That means they aren’t illegal, silly.

He can complain about the executive authority to admit them to the country, but he can’t call them illegal.

That means they aren’t illegal, silly.

He can complain about the executive authority to admit them to the country, but he can’t call them illegal.
Isn't it amazing how Joe Biden and Kamala Harris could use Executive Authority to admit aliens INTO the country but for some reason they couldn't use that same EA to secure the border?

The two moderators tried to "fact check" after agreeing that would only be done by Vance or Walz and Vance was having none of it. He corrected them on what they claimed was a fact and refused to stop talking until they let him finish that correction. He did so politely but firmly. After that neither of the two moderators tried to go there. It was brilliantly done.

I disagree. When the mods fact-checked Vance, he should have stepped in and just said that "the rules prohibit fact checking by the moderators! If you are going to break your own rules and not squarely fact check people on BOTH sides equally neither, then I'll walk off this stage right now."

Instead by arguing with them and going into details about stuff most people know nothing about , it only caused the mods to argue and talk over him finally cutting his microphone off!

That left the viewer forgetting/missing anything he said and just focusing on or left with the impression that Vance has being difficult, uncooperative and evasive.

I applaud Vance on his intentions, just not so sure about the results.

Isn't it amazing how Joe Biden and Kamala Harris could use Executive Authority to admit aliens INTO the country but for some reason they couldn't use that same EA to secure the border?
It’s amazing how Vance blatantly lied and he’s the victim.

It’s amazing how Vance blatantly lied and he’s the victim.
The Big Lie has always been that the Biden/Harris Administration needed help from the GOP to fix the border! It's obvious that they never did. As for who the victims are? That would be the American people...we're going to be dealing with this self inflicted crisis for decades and for what? So the Democrats can import people they think will eventually vote for them if they give them enough freebies?

Forum List

Back