JD Vance Just Flattens Smug 'Fact Checking' CBS News Mods in Epic Fashion on Springfield Topic

~~~~~~
Inded, and Walz in a suit still makes him a Marxist/Fascist.
Are you trying to tell me MAGAmen are hippies?!

sddefault.jpg

#HYPOCRITES

VP Debate Moderators Quickly Come Under Fire for Helping Tim Walz: 'Even Worse Than ABC'​

2 Oct 2024 ~~ By Michael Austin

Many believed that the Sept. 10 presidential debate between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump was egregiously one-sided, given the two moderators repeated insistence to “fact-check” Trump.
Many others are now saying that Tuesday’s vice presidential debate between Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and Sen. J.D. Vance of Ohio was similarly weighted against the Republican ticket.
In fact, in the eyes of some, Tuesday’s debate was even worse.
One such example came when the topic of Hurricane Helene came up.
The CBS News moderators quickly pivoted from there to question Sen. Vance about Trump’s views on climate change.
Many saw this move as a clear sign of bias by the CBS News moderators.

Commentary:
I’d say this was a typical modern “debate”...replete with “moderators” who should be ashamed at their lack of integrity and absence of professionalism.
If they had any class at all, they would resign today, put on sack cloth, douse themselves in ashes and roam the USA begging forgiveness while continually beating themselves with a thorny stick.
Walter Cronkite was claimed to be the most trusted man in America. Today, I'd say that Victor Davis Hansen and the likes of Thomas Sowell would be the men to go to for fair and honest.
Back in the day, Lincoln debated Douglas each other without the. need of moderators.
Many of us good people suffer from what the Quisling Media people do and say. They are as guilty as the corrupt Democrat Neo-Marxist Commie politicians they are in bed with.
Typically, the actions of Norah O'Donnell and Margaret Brennan and overt biased will not bring them scorn amongst their peers, but raises and pulitzer prizes. Typical....

no, they asked Walz a question and he dodged it and they merely asked him to answer it.
They did that to Vance as well.

90% of the questions were about Trump and none about Harris or creepy.
Probably a good point. But consider this: a lot of questions about Trump point to Trump being a far bigger issue and candidate in the election while Harris is still seen as small potatoes!

It was a morotorium on Trump and Vance knocked their teeth out.
I called the debate 55-45 and every polling I've heard about since agrees with me, calling the debate about 41% for Vance and 40% for Walz and about 17% considering it a tie, so sorry, but probably no teeth really knocked out. They also agreed with me that while they thought Vance slightly edged out Walz in the debate that they found Walz the more likable guy. Do not sell short likability.

I had 6 to 2 mod interference with the 6 against Vance.
I did not try to count as it is a matter of subjectivity where things turned to "moderator interference," but you could be right.

And only about Trump and not Harris.
Well, the debate was supposed to be about Walz and Vance not Trump and Harris so it doesn't surprise me they didn't bring up Harris, but as for Trump, I think they were trying to ascertain things about Vance as related to things Trump said because Trump is always saying and doing so much to catch the media's attention! One of the reasons why Harris largely stays mum.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't bring up more about J6 and Trump's court cases. That said, Vance really missed several HUGE opportunities to NAIL Walz and Harris.

They did that to Vance as well.

Probably a good point. But consider this: a lot of questions about Trump point to Trump being a far bigger issue and candidate in the election while Harris is still seen as small potatoes!

I called the debate 55-45 and every polling I've heard about since agrees with me, calling the debate about 41% for Vance and 40% for Walz and about 17% considering it a tie, so sorry, but probably no teeth really knocked out. They also agreed with me that while they thought Vance slightly edged out Walz in the debate that they found Walz the more likable guy. Do not sell short likability.

I did not try to count as it is a matter of subjectivity where things turned to "moderator interference," but you could be right.

Well, the debate was supposed to be about Walz and Vance not Trump and Harris so it doesn't surprise me they didn't bring up Harris, but as for Trump, I think they were trying to ascertain things about Vance as related to things Trump said because Trump is always saying and doing so much to catch the media's attention! One of the reasons why Harris largely stays mum.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't bring up more about J6 and Trump's court cases. That said, Vance really missed several HUGE opportunities to NAIL Walz and Harris.
I'd love to see those polls, Toobfreak! Even the liberal apologist networks were saying Vance won the debate and not by a little. Walz looked as nervous as a long tailed cat in room full of rocking chairs!

And the reason that Harris "largely stays mum" is that when she opens her mouth...something really stupid is quite likely to come out...followed by that gawd awful cackle! If I was running her campaign the only way I'd show Kamala to the public would be in a taped format that I could edit the stupid out of!

If they are illegal then ICE should be able to deport them.

But they can’t because they are legal

Vance is a liar
They’re illegal with a temporary stay on deportation. The majority of them can probably be deported now.

I'd love to see those polls, Toobfreak! Even the liberal apologist networks were saying Vance won the debate and not by a little. Walz looked as nervous as a long tailed cat in room full of rocking chairs!
As I recall, one of them was a CNN poll. As to Walz's nervousness, I never saw it that way. I took it as seriousness of intent and intensity of focus, so I guess it is a subjective thing.

And the reason that Harris "largely stays mum" is that when she opens her mouth...something really stupid is quite likely to come out...followed by that gawd awful cackle!
And by staying mum, she minimizes the damage from that. Trump often talks too much saying stupid things volunteering unnecessary details putting his foot in his mouth, some of which probably contributed to his losing 2020.

JD Vance Just Flattens Smug 'Fact Checking' CBS News Mods in Epic Fashion on Springfield Topic

1 Oct 2-24 ~~ Sister Toldjah

As I write this, the vice presidential debate between Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz is living up to the hype as Vance is wiping the floor with Walz, leaving him stammering and staring as though he can't remember anything from his script except "But Trump!"
The best part of the night so far, in my opinion, was when the CBS News moderators tried to "fact check" Vance on the issue of the Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio, even though the rules of the debate were that the moderators weren't going to fact check each other but the candidates could.
After Vance used the word "illegal immigrants" to describe the Haitian migrants, the moderators tried to make a big deal out of the fact that they were technically here "legally." But Vance was having none of it and proceeded to explain the "technical" reason why. They tried to force him to move on to the next question but he continued on. In fact, he smoked them so bad that they ended up cutting his mic.
"The rules were that you guys weren’t going to fact check, and since you’re fact-checking me, I think it’s important to say what’s actually going on…."

~Snip~
In other words, the moderators falsely fact-checked Vance but not Walz, who was the one actually not telling the truth.
Go figure. I mean, total shocker, right?
In any event, good on Vance for not letting the mods roll all over him and in the process creating another infuriating Romney/Crowley debate moment. Not happening on Vance's watch!
Once again, Vance is rising to the occasion:

Commentary:
Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (Dem) may have entered the arena on their own steam but it wasn't long before walz was on crutches. One crutch was named Norah O’Donnell and the other crutch, Margaret Brennan.
The fact that the media isn’t even talking about it much less taking the usual victory lap, is proof even they realize Walz got his butt kicked.

“flattens”?! Haha, how so? Describing the legal process for how many I the population gained legal status only proves the point the Anchor made. They were legal. Not illegal like Trump has been lying about

1 Oct 2-24 ~~ Sister Toldjah

As I write this, the vice presidential debate between Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz is living up to the hype as Vance is wiping the floor with Walz, leaving him stammering and staring as though he can't remember anything from his script except "But Trump!"
The best part of the night so far, in my opinion, was when the CBS News moderators tried to "fact check" Vance on the issue of the Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio, even though the rules of the debate were that the moderators weren't going to fact check each other but the candidates could.
After Vance used the word "illegal immigrants" to describe the Haitian migrants, the moderators tried to make a big deal out of the fact that they were technically here "legally." But Vance was having none of it and proceeded to explain the "technical" reason why. They tried to force him to move on to the next question but he continued on. In fact, he smoked them so bad that they ended up cutting his mic.
"The rules were that you guys weren’t going to fact check, and since you’re fact-checking me, I think it’s important to say what’s actually going on…."

~Snip~
In other words, the moderators falsely fact-checked Vance but not Walz, who was the one actually not telling the truth.
Go figure. I mean, total shocker, right?
In any event, good on Vance for not letting the mods roll all over him and in the process creating another infuriating Romney/Crowley debate moment. Not happening on Vance's watch!
Once again, Vance is rising to the occasion:

Commentary:
Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (Dem) may have entered the arena on their own steam but it wasn't long before walz was on crutches. One crutch was named Norah O’Donnell and the other crutch, Margaret Brennan.
The fact that the media isn’t even talking about it much less taking the usual victory lap, is proof even they realize Walz got his butt kicked.

Anyone who doubts that Democrats will cheat in November, need only watch how they cheated at something so meaningless as the VP debate.

Vance does a great job of pushing past the nonsense of so-called "journalists."

Vance was spot on with the "magic wand" legal status comment. The mods were squirming because that is exactly what is going on.

Talk about a dodge, "we have many more important issues to get to"......BS, immigration is one of the two main issues Americans care about.

No shits given about what CBS wants us to care about.
Key word being “legal” status. Doesn’t matter how they got it it’s what they have and Trump /Vance have been lying saying they are illegals and need to be sent back. Shame on them

As I recall, one of them was a CNN poll. As to Walz's nervousness, I never saw it that way. I took it as seriousness of intent and intensity of focus, so I guess it is a subjective thing.

And by staying mum, she minimizes the damage from that. Trump often talks too much saying stupid things volunteering unnecessary details putting his foot in his mouth, some of which probably contributed to his losing 2020.
The only reason Trump lost in 2020 was Covid. The Main Stream Media blamed it all on him (which is ridiculous!) and they allowed Joe Biden to hide in his basement so we didn't know how impaired he was!

Seriousness of intent? LOL Walz called himself a "knucklehead"! For lying and getting caught red handed doing so! He couldn't even win a debate moderated by two people who HATE his opponent!

Key word being “legal” status. Doesn’t matter how they got it it’s what they have and Trump /Vance have been lying saying they are illegals and need to be sent back. Shame on them
So you think that putting 20,000 immigrants into a city of 68,000 is good for that city, Slade? You think allowing tens of millions of unvetted illegals into the country is good for America? Shame on the people who did THAT to our country just because they think they can stay in power!

JD Vance was brilliant as usual.

I'll give him this: He was polite, calm, cool, generous, and while often circling out on personal hyperbolics in giving answers, he always neatly circled back to tie it all in nicely with his official answer.

One thing I didn't like was how often when Walz was answering, he would be watching Walz then his eyes would turn to look straight at the camera.
The other thing was how Vance often failed to offer any emotion in his face, no inflection in his tone that the things he was talking about were important, concerning or exciting to him. He needs to work on that. This is one area where Trump wins in spades is in the ability to convey the emotional content to the viewer so that they can better relate to him.

“flattens”?! Haha, how so? Describing the legal process for how many I the population gained legal status only proves the point the Anchor made. They were legal. Not illegal like Trump has been lying about
The Biden Administration can give them "legal" status, Slade but that doesn't change the FACT that same Administration let tens of millions of unvetted illegals into the country! They own that and they own the damage that is going to do to the country!

Forum List

Back