JD Vance Just Flattens Smug 'Fact Checking' CBS News Mods in Epic Fashion on Springfield Topic

It is fair to say that after the equity based response to the hurricane and last night's Walz, the democrats lost the election.

Did anyone catch Walz in his first response in the debate refer to “Israel’s proxies”. I haven’t checked the transcript to verify, but I could have sworn that is what I heard. Your true colors come through when under pressure.

That's the first time I've seen the Red State use heavy spin. True, they kinda fact-checked Vance, but didn't they sort of do that a little to Walz as well?
no, they asked Walz a question and he dodged it and they merely asked him to answer it. It was shocking to me just that, but they didn't fact check him, they merely gave him a question like they gave the remaining questions all to Vance. 90% of the questions were about Trump and none about Harris or creepy. ZERO. They asked Walz about himself, not defending Harris. It was a morotorium on Trump and Vance knocked their teeth out.
Further, when Vance argued past his time to correct the facts, between the moderators arguing over him then finally cutting off his mic, his arguments were probably lost on most viewers, so I hardly considered it a big win for him.
I had 6 to 2 mod interference with the 6 against Vance. The only true fact check was the Springfield thing.
I did think it pretty weenie though their cutting a VP candidate off in answering a question when THAT WAS WHAT THE VIEWERS HAD COME THERE TO HEAR just because supposedly they had a lot of other questions to ask.
And only about Trump and not Harris. Isn't she part of this? Where's the money coming for Harris programs for the middle class is still unanswered. I am tired of word salads that say fking nothing.

One good point I will acknowledge by the mods, They at least brought up Trump's child credit of 5,000. First time I've heard any main stream bring it up. And oh by the way, the insulin at 35 dollars was Trump's. Fact check me.
I mean, so what if they didn't get all the questions in? Once again, I laugh at these debates, OTOH, they are supposed to be so important yet the moderators limit the discussion to mere sound bites.
EXACTLY, they make it about them and their concerns rather than the people voting.

Yes and when Vance was confronted with being wrong he complained about being called out for them.
fact-checking-v0-rkiaqr9hz9sd1.png

JD Vance Just Flattens Smug 'Fact Checking' CBS News Mods in Epic Fashion on Springfield Topic

1 Oct 2-24 ~~ Sister Toldjah

As I write this, the vice presidential debate between Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz is living up to the hype as Vance is wiping the floor with Walz, leaving him stammering and staring as though he can't remember anything from his script except "But Trump!"
The best part of the night so far, in my opinion, was when the CBS News moderators tried to "fact check" Vance on the issue of the Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio, even though the rules of the debate were that the moderators weren't going to fact check each other but the candidates could.
After Vance used the word "illegal immigrants" to describe the Haitian migrants, the moderators tried to make a big deal out of the fact that they were technically here "legally." But Vance was having none of it and proceeded to explain the "technical" reason why. They tried to force him to move on to the next question but he continued on. In fact, he smoked them so bad that they ended up cutting his mic.
"The rules were that you guys weren’t going to fact check, and since you’re fact-checking me, I think it’s important to say what’s actually going on…."

~Snip~
In other words, the moderators falsely fact-checked Vance but not Walz, who was the one actually not telling the truth.
Go figure. I mean, total shocker, right?
In any event, good on Vance for not letting the mods roll all over him and in the process creating another infuriating Romney/Crowley debate moment. Not happening on Vance's watch!
Once again, Vance is rising to the occasion:

Commentary:
Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (Dem) may have entered the arena on their own steam but it wasn't long before walz was on crutches. One crutch was named Norah O’Donnell and the other crutch, Margaret Brennan.
The fact that the media isn’t even talking about it much less taking the usual victory lap, is proof even they realize Walz got his butt kicked.

Vance scored three KOs against all three opponents. :yes_text12:

It started with Nixon/Kennedy, the first televised debate. People who heard it on the radio thought Nixon won while those who saw it on TV thought Kennedy had won. The difference was, Kennedy wore makeup.
I heard that Nixon was sweating buckets, which also hurt his look.

I heard that Nixon was sweating buckets, which also hurt his look.
Yup, pasty white and sweating, things that wouldn't affect radio but are deadly on TV. Kennedy was simply smart for acknowledging the political reality that appearance is everything.

Vance was spot on with the "magic wand" legal status comment. The mods were squirming because that is exactly what is going on.

Talk about a dodge, "we have many more important issues to get to"......BS, immigration is one of the two main issues Americans care about.

No shits given about what CBS wants us to care about.
When the debate ended, I thought to myself, that's simply too many topics.

Forum List

Back