Jeep to leave Ohio

"The assembly complex in Toledo, which employs about 6,000 workers, isn't in danger of shutting down even if the Wrangler goes away. It still makes the more-citified, more family-friendly Jeep Cherokee, and Marchionne said the employment level would be kept steady, most likely by bringing in a new vehicle to build."

The OP isn't completely accurate. The Wrangler may be sent to a suitable assembly but there are many other Jeep rides produced in my hometown Toledo and jobs will not be lost. A purely business decision. Calm down.
Its still a morale buster and could lead to thousands of layoffs. Hopefully they will either resolve it or put another line there to build. The Jeep has been there forever, what a shame.
Jeep isn't only the Jeep Wragler, stop lying about layoffs.
Yes. Jeep IS the only Jeep Wrangler.
I don't know why you post here.
I guess you feel compelled to alert others as to your room temperature IQ.
Do you work for the Chrysler plant? No? Then don't worry about it.

"The assembly complex in Toledo, which employs about 6,000 workers, isn't in danger of shutting down even if the Wrangler goes away. It still makes the more-citified, more family-friendly Jeep Cherokee, and Marchionne said the employment level would be kept steady, most likely by bringing in a new vehicle to build."

The OP isn't completely accurate. The Wrangler may be sent to a suitable assembly but there are many other Jeep rides produced in my hometown Toledo and jobs will not be lost. A purely business decision. Calm down.
Its still a morale buster and could lead to thousands of layoffs. Hopefully they will either resolve it or put another line there to build. The Jeep has been there forever, what a shame.
You might want to read for comprehension. That isn't what I said, cretin.

Dude, what you DON'T know about metallurgy would fill several dozen books!

Fuck a bandsaw, asswipe.

Ever work in a car plant, douchebag? Of course not....you're a metal expert! :eusa_dance:

I'm from Detroit, worked at Saginaw Steering Gear, been in several fabricating plants....aluminum is easier to work with than sheet metal you fucking bookworm.
That isn't the point.
BTW, Aluminum is an element. Al is more malleable than steel. Is a bit weaker but stronger by weight. Does not rust. Does not corrode but under certain conditions, can corrode with catastrophic results.
Now, it is expensive to retool plants. That's a fact.
I have no clue as to why you feel you must agrue

Cookie, you don't know what you wrote.
You are whining about the Wrangler production moving on then you comment that jeep is not just the Wrangler.
The company is not moving jobs out of the Toledo plant. Relax....Go bake cupcakes or something.
Or just do something besides post here.

You are whining about the Wrangler production moving on then you comment that jeep is not just the Wrangler.
The company is not moving jobs out of the Toledo plant. Relax....Go bake cupcakes or something.
When you figure out what you are talking about then maybe I'll let you discuss something with me. For now move along, ya dunce. :lol:

BTW, Aluminum is an element. Al is more malleable than steel. Is a bit weaker but stronger by weight. Does not rust. Does not corrode but under certain conditions, can corrode with catastrophic results.

So you're now saying it's EASIER bending aluminum than sheet metal? Better not let Jaraxle hear that....he might swing his fag bag at ya. :badgrin:

BTW..aluminum doesn't corrode...it oxidizes. I can polish aluminum to pass for chrome.

When you figure out what you are talking about then maybe I'll let you discuss something with me. For now move along, ya dunce. :lol:
Ahh..Leave it to the weak minded to start with the insults.
Yer done.

So you're now saying it's EASIER bending aluminum than sheet metal? Better not let Jaraxle hear that....he might swing his fag bag at ya. :badgrin:

BTW..aluminum doesn't corrode...it oxidizes. I can polish aluminum to pass for chrome.
Yes. Aluminum is more malleable than steel.
Aluminum does begin to soften at around 400*F. And liquifies at a lower temp than steel.
  1. Aluminum does not rust, however it does corrode. When aluminumcorrodes the process is known as oxidation. Just like any other corrosive process, oxidation occurs when aluminum is exposed to the elemen
  2. Google
  3. Does Aluminum Rust?
    Aluminum corrodes but it does not rust. Rust refers only to iron and steel corrosion.

Aluminum is actually very prone to corrosion. However, aluminum corrosion is aluminum oxide, a very hard material that actually protects the aluminum from further corrosion. Aluminum oxide corrosion also looks a lot more like aluminum (dull gray to powdery white in color), so it isn't as easy to notice as rusted iron.

When iron corrodes the color changes and it actually expands. This expanding and color change can produce large red flakes that we all know as rust. Unlike aluminum oxide, the expanding and flaking off of rust exposes new metal to further rusting. This is why it is so important to provide a barrier so rust doesn't start.

While aluminium doesn't rust, it often becomes dull from corrosion, and is often encrusted with brake dust, calcium, lime, tarnish, grease, oil and hard water stains.

4. What is your point?

Sure you can. But the finish does not last without constant maintenance

Sweet cheeks, you don't even know what it is your wrote.

To meet CAFE standards, the Wrangler will need an aluminum body. Toledo is not set up for that. It is easier to build a new assembly plant than to attempt to renovate Toledo North (which, I recall, is the 75+ year old Willys-Overland factory)...not to mention disrupting the Cherokee production in the process.

Useless trivia: in the mid-90's, Chrysler's big Warren Truck plant could barely keep up with building the wildly-popular Rams. So, production of some Dakotas was farmed out to Toledo...all regular-cab/shortbeds (longer trucks wouldn't make some of the turns), they came down the line with Wranglers at Toledo North.
Have to say though, I am not sure I would want a Wrangler made out of aluminum. Wranglers are off road vehicles and get beat up going over terrain. Of all vehicles out there I would think this one shouldn't be made of aluminum.

Land Rovers were aluminum for many years.

Dude, what you DON'T know about metallurgy would fill several dozen books!

Fuck a bandsaw, asswipe.

Ever work in a car plant, douchebag? Of course not....you're a metal expert! :eusa_dance:

I'm from Detroit, worked at Saginaw Steering Gear, been in several fabricating plants....aluminum is easier to work with than sheet metal you fucking bookworm.
That isn't the point.

Because he has sand in his vagina for some reason.

Sure you can. But the finish does not last without constant maintenance

Bullshit....I can wet sand and polish 40 year old aluminum to look like chrome in ten minutes.

I'm bored with this.....Jaraxle has run away and will only reappear when Sarah and i are gone.

Actually, some of us actually WORK for a living, bitch.

Dude...hit the local pharmacy, buy a few douches, and flush that sand out of your vagina.

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne has announced that the Jeep Wrangler will no longer be made in Ohio. This came as a surprise to workers. Any thoughts as to where it will go?

Toledo Nervously Awaiting Fate of Beloved Jeep - ABC News
If The People owned stock in the means of production, The People would have a say in where production set up shop.

There's a reason that The Packers will never leave the po-dunk little market of Green Bay Wisconsin... The People of Green Bay, Wisconsin own the team.

I tell you what, the rich guy who said that "government should never own the means of production - even as shareholders in publicly traded companies" - and got that to stick in our collective political mentality laughed all the way to the bank of self interest.

Here's a weird thought... What if, over the years, The People of The Great State of Michigan had been shareholders of dividend paying, voting stock, with a legitimate, self-serving voice in some of the international conglomerates that got their start in that fair state? :eusa_think:

The only thing better than The People collectively owning non-managing shares of the large, multinational corporations which own and / or manage a lot of property within the geographic region being defined as 'The People', is the people themselves, as individuals also buying and owning stock in the producing industries that share their environment and provide their jobs.

What if, instead of paying union dues and bitching about the nasty tit that feeds them over the years, employees purchased common voting shares in the companies that they want a voice in, and took a little ownership in the project?

The best way for the world to beat the 1% at their own game is for all of the rest of us to buy as much of the production pie as we possibly can.

Start by looking for dividend paying ownership opportunities in the producers of what feeds your own needs, wants and desires :thup:

Offsetting one's monthly Coke consumption spending requirements with a quarterly dividend payment from KO is a sweet feeling!

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne has announced that the Jeep Wrangler will no longer be made in Ohio. This came as a surprise to workers. Any thoughts as to where it will go?

Toledo Nervously Awaiting Fate of Beloved Jeep - ABC News

Hopefully a non-union state where they can be made at a lower cost thus sold at a lower price. If the city where they're made now is becoming anything like Detroit then it's best to get out while the gettin' is good.

Good to know that the means of production under discussion here will continue to produce something.

It would still be nice to see people take ownership in the various means of production that feed their needs.

post 27 >

Yer done.

like you in post 21...?

sarah obviously meant wrangler isn't the only jeep...

you should stop projecting about 'calming down'. :itsok:

post 27 >

Yer done.

like you in post 21...?

sarah obviously meant wrangler isn't the only jeep...

you should stop projecting about 'calming down'. :itsok:
Hi Val! I think he understands his mistakes here. He's just pretending he hasn't made any..

How are you?

Forum List

Back