Jeep to leave Ohio

Good to know that the means of production under discussion here will continue to produce something.

It would still be nice to see people take ownership in the various means of production that feed their needs.
Chrystler Jeep means a lot to the city of Toledo and has for many years. Them and Toledo Hospital are the biggest employers. I was shocked when I heard but have come to understand why and how they will keep jobs here in NW Ohio.

My daughter has a Wrangler and lots of people we know work there. You know the last I heard, Joe the Plumber was working at the Chrystler plant here. Just a little factoid.

To meet CAFE standards, the Wrangler will need an aluminum body. Toledo is not set up for that. It is easier to build a new assembly plant than to attempt to renovate Toledo North (which, I recall, is the 75+ year old Willys-Overland factory)...not to mention disrupting the Cherokee production in the process.
No. They built a new plant in the late 1990 - Stickney Av.

Useless trivia: in the mid-90's, Chrysler's big Warren Truck plant could barely keep up with building the wildly-popular Rams. So, production of some Dakotas was farmed out to Toledo...all regular-cab/shortbeds (longer trucks wouldn't make some of the turns), they came down the line with Wranglers at Toledo North.
I had one of these. Picked it up at the factory.

What does the name Sergio Marchionne tell you about "Jeep"?
That's because Chrysler was going under. Fiat made an offer to bail out the floundering auto maker. The purchase of controlling interest of Chrysler by Fiat, offered Fiat an opportunity to regain a footprint in the US.

Sure you can. But the finish does not last without constant maintenance

Bullshit....I can wet sand and polish 40 year old aluminum to look like chrome in ten minutes.

I'm bored with this.....Jaraxle has run away and will only reappear when Sarah and i are gone.
"Sarah and I"?... Sounds kind of creepy...
Anyway, it was not my intent to bore you. Just stating facts. You are spewing anger.

Good to know that the means of production under discussion here will continue to produce something.

It would still be nice to see people take ownership in the various means of production that feed their needs.
Chrystler Jeep means a lot to the city of Toledo and has for many years. Them and Toledo Hospital are the biggest employers. I was shocked when I heard but have come to understand why and how they will keep jobs here in NW Ohio.

My daughter has a Wrangler and lots of people we know work there. You know the last I heard, Joe the Plumber was working at the Chrystler plant here. Just a little factoid.

Another little factoid: AVG-JOE still drives the 1998 Jeep Wrangler that's featured in his Avatar.

And he digs it! ;)

Another little factoid: AVG-JOE still drives the 1998 Jeep Wrangler that's featured in his Avatar.

And he digs it! ;)
I don't see a Jeep Wrangler there. Do you have a better picture of it?

Looks like there's a push to keep the Wrangler in Toledo. The Mayor and also Senator Sherrod Brown are talking with the ceo saying it matters where it's made. There were also some protests. Not sure if all this will help but we will see.

"The people who build Jeep Wrangler...

Almost as cool as the people who build Harley Davidson."
:beer: Toledo!

Looks like there's a push to keep the Wrangler in Toledo. The Mayor and also Senator Sherrod Brown are talking with the ceo saying it matters where it's made. There were also some protests. Not sure if all this will help but we will see.
That's good, it is a big deal. Its hard to have a famous product made somewhere for close to 75 years and then have it leave. I know Sen Brown has been worried about this and is working on it feverishly. Hopefully they can work it out and keep it there. I saw one of the workers on the news and he has three generations in his family working there and a son who just turned 17 and wants to work there also. They will have had 4 generations making the Jeep Wrangler. That's something.

Forum List

Back