🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jerk Off On A Power Trip

Thanks to the ghetto-dominated culture of NFL and NBA, too many kids get the wrong example of how to present themselves in competition. As a result, rules are created to teach kids courtesy, respect and dignity in winning and losing. That is part of what is therapeutic about kids' sports. If the kid threw his helmet the umpire has no choice but to eject him, if that is what the rules state. We have similar rules in place at various youth sports levels to prevent such confrontational, boorish behavior.
Good for the ump. The kid learned a valuable lesson.

It isn't what the rule stated ... The boy wasn't running the bases anymore and he wasn't warned as per the rule.
But I understand that twelve year olds should be taught not to get excited over winning a game ... How else will they learn to conform instead of rejoicing over an accomplishment?

Great snark. American kids are taught to compete...and accomplish.....and celebrate accomplishments. This is fact.

Great snark. American kids are taught to compete...and accomplish.....and celebrate accomplishments. This is fact.

Yeah, whatever you say Captain :salute: ... No matter how foolish it may be ... That's me, Mrs. Conformity right here.

Thanks to the ghetto-dominated culture of NFL and NBA, too many kids get the wrong example of how to present themselves in competition. As a result, rules are created to teach kids courtesy, respect and dignity in winning and losing. That is part of what is therapeutic about kids' sports. If the kid threw his helmet the umpire has no choice but to eject him, if that is what the rules state. We have similar rules in place at various youth sports levels to prevent such confrontational, boorish behavior.

It isn't what the rule stated ... The boy wasn't running the bases anymore and he wasn't warned as per the rule.
But I understand that twelve year olds should be taught not to get excited over winning a game ... How else will they learn to conform instead of rejoicing over an accomplishment?

Actually, they're not taught that. In many supposed "competitive" situations, Everyone Gets A Trophy. They are taught that just showing up means winning.

Actually, they're not taught that. In many supposed "competitive" situations, Everyone Gets A Trophy. They are taught that just showing up means winning.

There is that, yes. Even this board did it where we can only rate each other's posts in positives.

Obviously though, this particular case was worthy of celebration; they just won the game. And that's more than just showing up.

There is that, yes. Even this board did it where we can only rate each other's posts in positives.

Obviously though, this particular case was worthy of celebration; they just won the game. And that's more than just showing up.

Yes, getting rid of neg rep and rep comments was not a good development.

I think the overreaction to this kid's being excited about winning is because some people are Shocked Shocked Shocked that there are Losers.

:wtf: If that's in any way true, I think maybe we should start seeing other people. :eek:

Lolz ... You cannot fight "stoned out of one's gourd" like that ... I wouldn't want to ruin his buzz anyway.
See ... I have a heart ... It's just hard to find sometimes. :(

Last edited:

Nope. Nutter myth. While all players in rec leagues get a participation trophy or plaque as a memento, only the winners get the medals and tournament trophies. Nobody is taught that showing up means winning.

Try harder.

I think the overreaction to this kid's being excited about winning is because some people are Shocked Shocked Shocked that there are Losers.

Nope. It's tournament play. Winners and losers in every bracket. Learn something....then post.

:wtf: If that's in any way true, I think maybe we should start seeing other people. :eek:

Lolz ... You cannot fight "stoned out of one's gourd" like that ... I wouldn't want to ruin his buzz anyone.
See ... I have a heart ... It's just hard to find sometimes. :(

Not at all. I've always seen it. :thup:
Well, after the first few forays anyways....

Nah. I think it's exactly what the OP called it --- an umpie power trip.

Or it could be just a blown call that has you hippies going ape shit.

It isn't a "call". Nobody had any dispute about what some play was.

You didn't bother to read the article at all, didja? It shows.

Umm it was a call, jackass. When the kid threw his helmet he got ejected when he should have gotten warned. The fact that he got ejected made him ineligible for the next game. It was a blown call.

Umm it was a call, jackass. When the kid threw his helmet he got ejected when he should have gotten warned. The fact that he got ejected made him ineligible for the next game. It was a blown call.

That's not what a "call" is ya feral moron. A call is a decision on whether the runner is safe or out, or whether the pitch is a ball or a strike, or whether a batted ball is fair or foul.

This was a power-tripped ump that ejected a kid from a game that was already over.
And even if it hadn't been over, he did so without the warning the rules fucking require.

I know you authoritarian sycophants get the knee pads on every time you catch wind of an Authority figure (praised be its Name) to fellate but this just isn't it. Authority was wrong. Dump the ump.

That's not what a "call" is ya feral moron. A call is a decision on whether the runner is safe or out, or whether the pitch is a ball or a strike, or whether a batted ball is fair or foul.

Oh for crying out loud. A call can also be you are ejected for throwing your helmet. A call can be you are ejected for having too much pine tar on your bat. Must I go on? You fail in your game of semantics.

Oh for crying out loud. A call can also be you are ejected for throwing your helmet. A call can be you are ejected for having too much pine tar on your bat. Must I go on? You fail in your game of semantics.

A call can be "Yo Mama" shouted from the dugout for all that matters ... Intentionally removing your safety gear during a game while running bases and failing to heed the warning from an umpire ... Was the rule.

This was a power-tripped ump that ejected a kid from a game that was already over.
And even if it hadn't been over, he did so without the warning the rules fucking require.

I know you authoritarian sycophants get the knee pads on every time you catch wind of an Authority figure (praised be its Name) to fellate but this just isn't it. Authority was wrong. Dump the ump.

Did you ever think just maybe the ump didn't realize that he had to warn the kid first for throwing his helmet and that he made an innocent mistake by ejecting him without warning? Oh but you're able to read his mind so you know for a fact he was on some power trip.

Did you ever think just maybe the ump didn't realize that he had to warn the kid first for throwing his helmet and that he made an innocent mistake by ejecting him without warning? Oh but you're able to read his mind so you know for a fact he was on some power trip.

I don't know about Pogo ... But no, I don't think it was an innocent mistake at all.

A call can be "Yo Mama" shouted from the dugout for all that matters ... Intentionally removing your safety gear during a game while running bases and failing to heed the warning from an umpire ... Was the rule.

What is a call but a ruling based on the rules? Every decision an ump makes related to the game is a call.

Forum List

Back