🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jerk Off On A Power Trip

Did you ever think just maybe the ump didn't realize that he had to warn the kid first for throwing his helmet and that he made an innocent mistake by ejecting him without warning? Oh but you're able to read his mind so you know for a fact he was on some power trip.

I don't know about Pogo ... But no, I don't think it was an innocent mistake at all.

And you say this based on what?

What is a call but a ruling based on the rules? Every decision an ump makes related to the game is a call.

The call the umpire made was not based on any violation of the rule.
The boy was not running bases, the game was over and he never received a warning.
Perhaps you would be better suited with an umpire who just walks out on the field before a game and decides who wins ... Because that is exactly what he did ejecting the starting pitcher from the NEXT game.

Based on what I have already posted several times ... And you have chosen to argue with.
You have no evidence that it was an innocent mistake ... And I am not obligated to agree with you.

Last edited:
In America, baseball teams celebrate walk off wins. Especially in elimination games.

The run had scored. The game was over.

Well according to the rules you're not supposed to throw your helmet. The ump may have been a little unclear as to the proper protocol for when someone does something like that. It's not far fetched. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. You on the other hand project your scumbagness on to others.

What is a call but a ruling based on the rules? Every decision an ump makes related to the game is a call.

The call the umpire made was not based on any violation of the rule.
The boy was not running bases, the game was over and he never received a warning.
Perhaps you would be better suited with an umpire who just walks out on the field before a game decides who wins ... Because that is exactly what he did ejecting the starting pitcher from the NEXT game.

Based on what I have already posted several times ... And you have chosen to argue with.
You have no eveidence that it was an innocent mistake ... And I am not obligated to agree with you.

The game was not over. His helmet hit the ground before the winning run was in. The rule is your helmet is not to hit the ground. When it did, the appropriate action the umpire should have taken was to warn the kid, but he did not, he ejected him, hence why I say it was a bad call.

I didnt read through this entire thread, so I am unaware why you think the umpire was on a power trip. I have a different opinion and of course no one is obligated to agree with me. Bottom line is we don't know. I'm of the opinion we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt. After all I would like to think that most people who volunteer to umpire little league games aren't the type to be on power trips.

Thanks to the ghetto-dominated culture of NFL and NBA, too many kids get the wrong example of how to present themselves in competition. As a result, rules are created to teach kids courtesy, respect and dignity in winning and losing. That is part of what is therapeutic about kids' sports. If the kid threw his helmet the umpire has no choice but to eject him, if that is what the rules state. We have similar rules in place at various youth sports levels to prevent such confrontational, boorish behavior.
Good for the ump. The kid learned a valuable lesson.

Pffffft. With a stretch like that you should be playing first base.

The ump was grandstanding, that's all there is to it. The game was fucking OVER. How in the fuck do you toss a player out of tomorrow's game?
If you know anything about youth sports or high school sports you'd know that most DQ's include one game suspensions.

Nah. I think it's exactly what the OP called it --- an umpie power trip.

Or it could be just a blown call that has you hippies going ape shit.

It isn't a "call". Nobody had any dispute about what some play was.

You didn't bother to read the article at all, didja? It shows.

Umm it was a call, jackass. When the kid threw his helmet he got ejected when he should have gotten warned. The fact that he got ejected made him ineligible for the next game. It was a blown call.

That's not what a "call" is ya feral moron. A call is a decision on whether the runner is safe or out, or whether the pitch is a ball or a strike, or whether a batted ball is fair or foul.

This was a power-tripped ump that ejected a kid from a game that was already over.
And even if it hadn't been over, he did so without the warning the rules fucking require.

I know you authoritarian sycophants get the knee pads on every time you catch wind of an Authority figure (praised be its Name) to fellate but this just isn't it. Authority was wrong. Dump the ump.

Did you ever think just maybe the ump didn't realize that he had to warn the kid first for throwing his helmet and that he made an innocent mistake by ejecting him without warning? Oh but you're able to read his mind so you know for a fact he was on some power trip.

By his actions we know. I don't purport to see into his mind to know why he's on a power trip. Just as I don't claim to peer inside what little you have to find out why you can't just admit you don't know what the term call means.

And if the ump's gonna enforce the rules, he's gotta know wtf they are first.

Thanks to the ghetto-dominated culture of NFL and NBA, too many kids get the wrong example of how to present themselves in competition. As a result, rules are created to teach kids courtesy, respect and dignity in winning and losing. That is part of what is therapeutic about kids' sports. If the kid threw his helmet the umpire has no choice but to eject him, if that is what the rules state. We have similar rules in place at various youth sports levels to prevent such confrontational, boorish behavior.

It isn't what the rule stated ... The boy wasn't running the bases anymore and he wasn't warned as per the rule.
But I understand that twelve year olds should be taught not to get excited over winning a game ... How else will they learn to conform instead of rejoicing over an accomplishment?

The rules are very specific about behavior and equipment violations. My guess is that that umpire had no choice in that matter. It's up to the coaches to inform their players of the rules. Even D1 college football forces players to leave for a play if they remove their helmets while on the playing field.

It isn't what the rule stated ... The boy wasn't running the bases anymore and he wasn't warned as per the rule.
But I understand that twelve year olds should be taught not to get excited over winning a game ... How else will they learn to conform instead of rejoicing over an accomplishment?

Great snark. American kids are taught to compete...and accomplish.....and celebrate accomplishments. This is fact.
They also must comply with equipment and sportsmanship rules.

Great snark. American kids are taught to compete...and accomplish.....and celebrate accomplishments. This is fact.

Actually, they're not taught that. In many supposed "competitive" situations, Everyone Gets A Trophy. They are taught that just showing up means winning.
That's an entire other problem in itself.

Oh for crying out loud. A call can also be you are ejected for throwing your helmet. A call can be you are ejected for having too much pine tar on your bat. Must I go on? You fail in your game of semantics.

A call can be "Yo Mama" shouted from the dugout for all that matters ... Intentionally removing your safety gear during a game while running bases and failing to heed the warning from an umpire ... Was the rule.

There is no dispute here. He took it on himself to pro-actively toss the player.
--- from a game that was already over.

Nobody had a question of "should we toss this kid or not". Deciding that would have been what a "call" is.
You're here for no other reason than to proclaim you're an asshole. Got nooz for ya --- word's already out.

It's in the Bay area, the ump was probably concerned that the celebrating would hurt the feelings and self-esteem of the opponents.

Or it could be just a blown call that has you hippies going ape shit.

It isn't a "call". Nobody had any dispute about what some play was.

You didn't bother to read the article at all, didja? It shows.

Umm it was a call, jackass. When the kid threw his helmet he got ejected when he should have gotten warned. The fact that he got ejected made him ineligible for the next game. It was a blown call.

That's not what a "call" is ya feral moron. A call is a decision on whether the runner is safe or out, or whether the pitch is a ball or a strike, or whether a batted ball is fair or foul.

This was a power-tripped ump that ejected a kid from a game that was already over.
And even if it hadn't been over, he did so without the warning the rules fucking require.

I know you authoritarian sycophants get the knee pads on every time you catch wind of an Authority figure (praised be its Name) to fellate but this just isn't it. Authority was wrong. Dump the ump.

By his actions we know. I don't purport to see into his mind to know why he's on a power trip. Just as I don't claim to peer inside what little you have to find out why you can't just admit you don't know what the term call means.

And if the ump's gonna enforce the rules, he's gotta know wtf they are first.

Ok now we're getting somewhere. You ever play little league? If you have you know that these little league umps are about as competent as Barack Hussein Obama. Are we to agree on that?

Actually, they're not taught that. In many supposed "competitive" situations, Everyone Gets A Trophy. They are taught that just showing up means winning.

There is that, yes. Even this board did it where we can only rate each other's posts in positives.

Obviously though, this particular case was worthy of celebration; they just won the game. And that's more than just showing up.

Yes, getting rid of neg rep and rep comments was not a good development.

I think the overreaction to this kid's being excited about winning is because some people are Shocked Shocked Shocked that there are Losers.

If it was that then a protest would have been filed and upheld. This is an umpire following rules. Sometimes decisions like that have to be made. We had the fastest high school sprinter in the nation at a local high school one year (he went on to run a kickoff back for a TD in the Super Bowl in 2001). His high school 4x100 team was the best in the state and during the regional state-qualifying meet they made an exchange literally inches beyond the exchange zone and many were certain the official would not have the nerve to make the call. He hesitated but the violation flag went up and the team was DQ'd. Couldn't compete at the state meet because of that. The lost points cost their team the state championship. Rules exist in sports for reasons.

Oh for crying out loud. A call can also be you are ejected for throwing your helmet. A call can be you are ejected for having too much pine tar on your bat. Must I go on? You fail in your game of semantics.

A call can be "Yo Mama" shouted from the dugout for all that matters ... Intentionally removing your safety gear during a game while running bases and failing to heed the warning from an umpire ... Was the rule.

There is no dispute here. He took it on himself to pro-actively toss the player.
--- from a game that was already over.

Nobody had a question of "should we toss this kid or not". Deciding that would have been what a "call" is.
You're here for no other reason than to proclaim you're an asshole. Got nooz for ya --- word's already out.

But that doesn't make sense. How could he be ejected if the game was all ready over? Could it be that his helmet hit the ground before the winning run was in? Otherwise the ejection makes no sense.

There is that, yes. Even this board did it where we can only rate each other's posts in positives.

Obviously though, this particular case was worthy of celebration; they just won the game. And that's more than just showing up.

Yes, getting rid of neg rep and rep comments was not a good development.

I think the overreaction to this kid's being excited about winning is because some people are Shocked Shocked Shocked that there are Losers.

If it was that then a protest would have been filed and upheld. This is an umpire following rules. Sometimes decisions like that have to be made. We had the fastest high school sprinter in the nation at a local high school one year (he went on to run a kickoff back for a TD in the Super Bowl in 2001). His high school 4x100 team was the best in the state and during the regional state-qualifying meet they made an exchange literally inches beyond the exchange zone and many were certain the official would not have the nerve to make the call. He hesitated but the violation flag went up and the team was DQ'd. Couldn't compete at the state meet because of that. The lost points cost their team the state championship. Rules exist in sports for reasons.

And one of those rules is that a player gets a warning first. That didn't happen here. So much for "an umpire following rules".

Let alone, throwing him out of a game that by then no longer existed.

Some actions get no warnings and others are laid out between officials and coaches pre-game. Baseball fields are all different so ground rules are discussed and determined prior to each game. They differ from field to field. Protocol rules are all discussed as a matter of order between opposing coaches and officials prior to each game.

Forum List

Back