Jerry Seinfeld is 70

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
And, of course, he looks 50. He is discussing his upcoming movie about Pop-Tarts? If it has a Larry David style comedy to it then I'll see it. Funny he says in the interview they never asked for any type of permission from Kellogs for rights to the movie name, and he was right when he said "Can you imagine the bad publicity if Kellogs sued us?"

I'm pretty sure they are involved in the movie.

And, of course, he looks 50. He is discussing his upcoming movie about Pop-Tarts? If it has a Larry David style comedy to it then I'll see it. Funny he says in the interview they never asked for any type of permission from Kellogs for rights to the movie name, and he was right when he said "Can you imagine the bad publicity if Kellogs sued us?"

OH NO HE'S DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Oh wait.....you said he's 70?

Nevermind.:113:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Seinfeld is the single luckiest coat tails rider in entertainment history.
No other person, who is only successfully due to someone else's work, even comes close to the unbelievable riches and fame as Jerry Seinfeld.

YET.... without Larry David... he would still be slogging it out doing mediocre stand up, and likely none of us would even know his name.

The most popular sitcom in history is, at minimum, 90% Larry David's script writing and his character creations like George and Kramer.
The show should have been called "Larry's life"... but David hates, absolutely hates attention, and had a very low self confidence so he put Jerry Seinfeld at the forefront, including naming the show after him, to avoid attention and if it failed, no one would remember he did the show.

FACT

Seinfeld is the single luckiest coat tails rider in entertainment history.
No other person, who is only successfully due to someone else's work, even comes close to the unbelievable riches and fame as Jerry Seinfeld.

YET.... without Larry David... he would still be slogging it out doing mediocre stand up, and likely none of us would even know his name.

The most popular sitcom in history is, at minimum, 90% Larry David's script writing and his character creations like George and Kramer.
The show should have been called "Larry's life"... but David hates, absolutely hates attention, and had a very low self confidence so he put Jerry Seinfeld at the forefront, including naming the show after him, to avoid attention and if it failed, no one would remember he did the show.

FACT
Surely the phenomenon of "coat tail riders" is obvious throughout the ages of all entertainment and certainly not exclusive to the David Seinfeld arrangement

Neither Seinfeld nor L David has ever claimed that their work was profound or great, or anything more than just silly and lightly funny.

The pop tarts movie is more of the same as a Seinfeld episode. There are a few very funny lines or images, but mostly it's just silly and doesn't pretend to be anything more than that.

Neither Seinfeld nor L David has ever claimed that their work was profound or great, or anything more than just silly and lightly funny.

The pop tarts movie is more of the same as a Seinfeld episode. There are a few very funny lines or images, but mostly it's just silly and doesn't pretend to be anything more than that.
Kind of the deal though... Seinfeld didn't "do the work"... Larry David did.
Seinfeld acted out the script that Larry wrote, and for years David always said "Seinfeld and I would work on a script"... but everyone attached to the show, at any level, all knew that David wrote the whole thing and would just run it past Seinfeld out of habit.
If you have ever watched "Curb your Enthusiasm" - it IS Seinfeld Show. 100%
The writing/timing/characters... it is Seinfeld II.... cause the same person did it all.
And that person is not Jerry Seinfeld.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back