Jesus vs Muhammad: Who’s the moral exemplar?

Jesus said love your enemies. Muhammad said kill and mutilate them

So who should I admire more, not being either a Muslim or a Christian? Muslims when they follow the teachings of Mohamed and kill, or Christians when they don't follow the teachings of Jesus and kill?

Christians who follow Jesus’ teachings are peaceful.

Muslims who DO NOT follow Muhammad’s teachings are peaceful.

Those Christians who do follow Jesus' teachings are few and far between. That still doesn't answer my question. You see, for all of Christian history Christians most certainly did not follow Jesus' instructions to 'be peaceful. And it's a good thing for Christianity that they didn't, otherwise Christianity never would have thrived and prospered.

Issue is who’s a moral exemplar.

And what each religion's followers did with those "moral examples' is immaterial?

Muslims have killed 70 million Hindus, alone, perhaps more. Don’t even go there.

So who should I admire more, not being either a Muslim or a Christian? Muslims when they follow the teachings of Mohamed and kill, or Christians when they don't follow the teachings of Jesus and kill?

Those Christians who do follow Jesus' teachings are few and far between. That still doesn't answer my question. You see, for all of Christian history Christians most certainly did not follow Jesus' instructions to 'be peaceful. And it's a good thing for Christianity that they didn't, otherwise Christianity never would have thrived and prospered.

And what each religion's followers did with those "moral examples' is immaterial?

Muslims have killed 70 million Hindus, alone, perhaps more. Don’t even go there.

Your right! And Christians never killed anyone.

Muslims have killed more, and continue to today

Doubt that. WW1 killed 18 million, WW2 60 million. Give me time to crunch the numbers for previous centuries. I'm sure Christians were responsible for more deaths.

Doubt that. WW1 killed 18 million, WW2 60 million. Give me time to crunch the numbers for previous centuries. I'm sure Christians were responsible for more deaths.

Question is who’s the moral example

Question is who’s the moral example

What good is a moral example if it's ignored?

why do the silly back and forth bantering----the question was easy-----which of the TWO-----Muhummad, Jesus----was by teaching and life-----the MORAL GUY?

Constantine legalized Christianity which accelerated conversion of the Roman Empire. As Ehrman says, if not for Constantine, Christianity would likely have remained a small Jewish sect
Constantine's legalization certainly accelerated the conversion of the Roman Empire but think it would have happened eventually. Because Christians took care of each other they were healthier and lived longer than their neighbors. A powerful draw. Christianity was likely bigger than Judaism by the time of Constantine.

you have a citation for that one? Christianty was EVANGELISTIC from the get go. Its targets were
the poor and oppressed and even criminal and enslaved.
Its "mission" was to ENLARGE ITSELF. Its mission and
techniques APPEALED TO THE IMPERIALIST AMBITIONS
of Constantine et al. A few centuries later that ethos adopted by ISLAM---appealed to GENGHIS KHAN-----
resulting in the world of the TWO EMPIRES----the reich and the caliphate. In all fairness----this concept was not created
by either Constantine or Muhummad. The seed of the perversion was in the genius of ALEXANDER. Elijah
muhummad was ambitious to become a modern day
GENGHIS KHAN ------as are the AYATOILETS of Iran----
today

Jesus did not say to spread his ideology by force. OTOH, Muhammad did

why do the silly back and forth bantering----the question was easy-----which of the TWO-----Muhummad, Jesus----was by teaching and life-----the MORAL GUY?

Who were the greater "Moral Followers"? Muslims because they did as Mohamed instructed, or Christians because the didn't do as Jesus instructed?

Earliest biographies of Jesus are entitled Gospels, recording the “good news”

Earliest biography of Muhammad is entitled Book of Raids, recording his caravan hijackings, wars and battles

Who’s the moral example?

Constantine legalized Christianity which accelerated conversion of the Roman Empire. As Ehrman says, if not for Constantine, Christianity would likely have remained a small Jewish sect
Constantine's legalization certainly accelerated the conversion of the Roman Empire but think it would have happened eventually. Because Christians took care of each other they were healthier and lived longer than their neighbors. A powerful draw. Christianity was likely bigger than Judaism by the time of Constantine.

you have a citation for that one? Christianty was EVANGELISTIC from the get go. Its targets were
the poor and oppressed and even criminal and enslaved.
Its "mission" was to ENLARGE ITSELF. Its mission and
techniques APPEALED TO THE IMPERIALIST AMBITIONS
of Constantine et al. A few centuries later that ethos adopted by ISLAM---appealed to GENGHIS KHAN-----
resulting in the world of the TWO EMPIRES----the reich and the caliphate. In all fairness----this concept was not created
by either Constantine or Muhummad. The seed of the perversion was in the genius of ALEXANDER. Elijah
muhummad was ambitious to become a modern day
GENGHIS KHAN ------as are the AYATOILETS of Iran----
today

Jesus did not say to spread his ideology by force. OTOH, Muhammad did

Who were the greater "Moral Followers"? Muslims because they did as Mohamed instructed, or Christians because the didn't do as Jesus instructed?

Muhammad’s instructions were to murder, subjugate, rape and plunder

Jesus’s instructions were to love your neighbor

Who’s the moral example?

Earliest biography of Muhammad is entitled Book of Raids, recording his caravan hijackings, wars and battles

Who’s the moral example?
I have to say Muhammad. His followers did as he instructed. Jesus' followers did not.

Who’s the moral example?
I have to say Muhammad. His followers did as he instructed. Jesus' followers did not.

is English a language you know?

This question hasn't been answered. Who were the greater moral examples? Muslims because they obey the violence dictated in the Koran, or the Christians who disobey

Who’s the moral example?

Sure do.

So which religion's followers are a greater "Moral Example"? Muslims because they follow the violent teachings Mohamed taught, or the Christians who did the opposite of the peaceful messages that Jesus gave?

This question hasn't been answered. Who were the greater moral examples? Muslims because they obey the violence dictated in the Koran, or the Christians who disobey

Who’s the moral example?

Sure do.

So which religion's followers are a greater "Moral Example"? Muslims because they follow the violent teachings Mohamed taught, or the Christians who did the opposite of the peaceful messages that Jesus gave?
Your answer doesn't pertain to the question..

So what do you have to say about the cheap prostitutes whom I mentioned. Whores. All of them. The cheapest of of the cheap. The scum that we Americans put up with. Every one of them is a person with no worth and not worthy of any respect. And these are the cheap whores who want to explore the sex lives of decent, everyday Americans, like the prostitute who recommended that an American keep an aspirin between her knees. I don't know what American he was aiming his "advice" at, but he's the whore, not her.

They don’t blow up bombs or behead unbelievers or force Christianity on others

But they have in the past.

Its been said that Muslims now are where christians were.

Lysistrata has a good point. Clean up your own back yard and that means behaving according to what (you apparently believe) Jesus taught.

69b2b148f8c74bfdcd9d286374ba5d46.jpg

So what do you have to say about the cheap prostitutes whom I mentioned. Whores. All of them. The cheapest of of the cheap. The scum that we Americans put up with. Every one of them is a person with no worth and not worthy of any respect. And these are the cheap whores who want to explore the sex lives of decent, everyday Americans, like the prostitute who recommended that an American keep an aspirin between her knees. I don't know what American he was aiming his "advice" at, but he's the whore, not her.

They don’t blow up bombs or behead unbelievers or force Christianity on others

But they have in the past.

Its been said that Muslims now are where christians were.

Lysistrata has a good point. Clean up your own back yard and that means behaving according to what (you apparently believe) Jesus taught.

View attachment 154219

Jesus was a moral exemplar. Muhammad was not

Another difference between the two is that Muhammad was, apparently, a real person.

Get this: Muslims worship allah which originated as a pagan god, worship a pagan rock, and practice pagan rituals on hajj.

Joke, right?

The religion of this Jesus guy was stolen from other, older religions and much of it is based on pagan beliefs.

I don't know of anything original in christianity.

I don't have any use for any religion but you gotta admit,^^^ that's a beautiful written language^^^. Their music is beautiful as well. Same with christian music.

Another difference between the two is that Muhammad was, apparently, a real person.

Get this: Muslims worship allah which originated as a pagan god, worship a pagan rock, and practice pagan rituals on hajj.

Joke, right?

The religion of this Jesus guy was stolen from other, older religions and much of it is based on pagan beliefs.

I don't have any use for any religion but you gotta admit,^^^ that's a beautiful written language^^^. Their music is beautiful as well. Same with christian music.

Um, Jesus was a devout Jew.

Joke, right?

Um, Jesus was a devout Jew.

I don't know how devout he was but yes, he was a Jew.

Sorry I wasn't more clear but I was referring, partly, to that with the line "I don't know of anything original in christianity."

Forum List

Back