Jewish History

Yet no matter how often we ask you, you seem to be able to provide absolutely nothing to back up these claims.

Most of what I've seen is tiny print and runs 50 pages or more. ..in PDF format. Are you really interested? The archives in Charleston are fascinating.. like the NYC and Bergen county records they contain wills, inventories, birth and marriage records, property sales etc.

I wish more Americans knew more about black history in particular regarding the trading empires in East and Central Africa. I'm not from Africa nor am I black yet when I was teaching the subject to my World History classes I learned a great deal myself.

They were expelled from Spain and Portugal and many went to Amsterdam. From there they went to Recife Brazil and got involved in sugar plantations. They were expelled from Recife in 1654 and some went to New Amsterdam. Inventories of their belongings are on line from the archives including black negro boys etc. it seems that there were 120 or so slaves from Brazil as well but they were owned by the Dutch West Indies company.

It's been more than 25 years since I studied their history because my ancestors were right there with them in Recife and in New Amsterdam.
Find the archives and where it says that the Jews from Recife in 1654 took slaves, domestics with them to New Amsterdam.

You claimed it and then did a trip around the world instead of just showing what you posted.

Be done with your voyage, find the archive and post it.

Most of what I've seen is tiny print and runs 50 pages or more. ..in PDF format. Are you really interested? The archives in Charleston are fascinating.. like the NYC and Bergen county records they contain wills, inventories, birth and marriage records, property sales etc.
All I ask is what you posted about.
That the expelled Jews took slaves, domestics with them to New Amsterdam.

Provide the evidence since you know so much about it.

Find the archives and where it says that the Jews from Recife in 1654 took slaves, domestics with them to New Amsterdam.

You claimed it and then did a trip around the world instead of just showing what you posted.

Be done with your voyage, find the archive and post it.

You'll find that information in PDF inventories of their belongings. It's hundreds of pages.

I love History and there is a lot of Jewish history to be learned. This is the perfect place to dig through it and unearth lots of that history which is not known.

If anyone finds any of that history they have been fascinated with, or wish others to know, please post it here.
According to Fishman (1997:5-6) “the Dutch West India Company sold 15,430 African slaves to sugar plantations owners in Brazil. During the years 1623-26, Dutch plunderers captured 23,000 slaves from Spanish slave ships. Some of these slaves were sent to New Amsterdam.
Montclair State University › research
Part 1 – Early Settlement And The Rise Of Slavery In Colonial Dutch ...

You'll find that information in PDF inventories of their belongings. It's hundreds of pages.
Do NOT respond to these posts unless you find the evidence and post it here.

We are done here.

According to Fishman (1997:5-6) “the Dutch West India Company sold 15,430 African slaves to sugar plantations owners in Brazil. During the years 1623-26, Dutch plunderers captured 23,000 slaves from Spanish slave ships. Some of these slaves were sent to New Amsterdam.
NONE of this says that Jews expelled in 1654 took slaves with them.

STOP your endless BS.

We are DONE here.

Don't be so touchy. My ancestors worked for the WIC. ..and left New Amsterdam in 1664 for New Jersey because they hated the English.

Not touchy, just seeing an imbecile who is totally incapable of knowing the difference between people, Dutch Christians, who voluntarily left New Jersey, USA, with their belongings ........and Jews who were expelled from Brazil by the Portuguese with or without their belongings, much less with "their slaves" who would have been of great value to the Portuguese.

Keep your dunce cap on.

Purim Ancona (1690)

On December 23 (21 Teves), 1690, strong earthquakes rattled the city of Ancona, Italy, causing numerous structures to collapse and placing its inhabitants in mortal danger. Miraculously, the Jewish quarter was spared, suffering the collapse of only one house. In commemoration of this event, the local Jewish community established that date as a day of celebration and song, while the previous day—20 Teves—would be marked yearly by fasting and charity (Or Boker, p. 48a).

gee----WATTA history-----today's New York and New Jersey---the founders
were the equivalent of the caravan robber, slave trader, dog of Mecca. No wonder the area is known for its Nazi enclaves. Who woulda guessed

Not touchy, just seeing an imbecile who is totally incapable of knowing the difference between people, Dutch Christians, who voluntarily left New Jersey, USA, with their belongings ........and Jews who were expelled from Brazil by the Portuguese with or without their belongings, much less with "their slaves" who would have been of great value to the Portuguese.

Keep your dunce cap on.

Pick out a couple of families and follow them through to their inventories. They were minority investors in WIC.

Keep your dunce cap on.
I am fascinated----I knew that New Jersey and the Hudson Valley were chock full of Nazi enclaves----and notable fascist persons---but I never before made the
connection with the East India Tea Company

I am fascinated----I knew that New Jersey and the Hudson Valley were chock full of Nazi enclaves----and notable fascist persons---but I never before made the
connection with the East India Tea Company

We're talking about the Dutch West Indies company. They provided slaves for the sugar plantations in Recife Brazil. They also brought slaves to New Amsterdam.

The East India tea company was English.

We're talking about the Dutch West Indies company. They provided slaves for the sugar plantations in Recife Brazil. They also brought slaves to New Amsterdam.

The East India tea company was English.

Oh----I get confused between the tea companies and the many sects of Protestantism that they dropped thruout New York and New Jersey---with Hispanic and Portuguese catholicism thrown in --no wonder the Quakers took themselves into obscurity in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. It is not clear to me what slaves were doing for the New Amsterdam Calvinists or how Stuyvesant became a "hero".

Forum List

Back