Jilted boyfried shoots two and himself at mall

So now they're saying there was no connection between the shooter and the victims ?

What happened to the love triangle theory ?

In the big scheme of things, statistically speaking, these shootings are data outliers that are not in agreement that 99.9% of firearms are never used to commit crimes. IOW, a failed solution in search of a problem

-Geaux

More proof than anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

ID of shooter; not pictured in OP story
Police ID assailant in Columbia mall shooting; motive remains unknown - The Washington Post

And the fact that Maryland has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country and they do not do concealed carry licenses unless you have political connections, so the deranged that want to do mass shootings have clear sailing anyway.

More proof than anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

ID of shooter; not pictured in OP story
Police ID assailant in Columbia mall shooting; motive remains unknown - The Washington Post

And the fact that Maryland has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country and they do not do concealed carry licenses unless you have political connections, so the deranged that want to do mass shootings have clear sailing anyway.

Another... 'if I had a son'...

-Geaux

Wait a minute, uncle jonny. Help me connect unhappy thoughts with the von Mises quote. Unhappy thoughts are Marxist? Or not free thoughts.. whatever THAT is?

If the store owners were armed maybe the idiot wouldn't have killed both of them

Being defenseless is the problem

Obviously, because the answer to guns is... more guns! Just as the answer to any violence is more violence. That's why when there's a fire the FD shows up to pour gasoline on it. After all, 'an armed society is a polite society', right?

Life on Planet Bizzaro... :cuckoo:

And if you buy that line I've got a tractor trailer full of sham-wows and Kevin Trudeau books for sale.

It's a poignant comment on our gun-obsessed culture that the store employee had only to say "Shooter- call police!" and everyone in earshot knew what was going on.

YEah he yelled call the police and then got fucking shot.

Why do you want honest hard working law abiding people to be defenseless?

Because that makes things safer for government goons and criminal Shylocks.

Guns are the crack of the partisan hacks. Courage is an imaginary passion for them and thus the gun huggers cling to the source of their only strength, an empty bravado. They are like a child with its blankee who cries when separated. Drugs, even when they are hard metal talismans of courage are not something the frightened can part with. They have come to represent freedom for the unfree, teetered as they are to the gun lobby and the NRA, and a misrepresentation of the 2nd. They need their fix and their fix is an object of imaginary security, an object that gives meaning to a senselessness that only programmed Americans can believe is real.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

Burger was a wacko.

And, the armed guards?

Unless you have an armed guard at your side 24/7 you need to be able to protect yourself.

according to the news the mall is going to do exactly that

increase the number of good guys with guns on duty

That will help but Maryland needs to let law abiding citizens conceal carry in their state and things will drastically improve.

These shootings rarely occur outside of gun free zones, and the few that do happen when the local business bans guns or the people hosting the event tell people guns are not welcome.

Tell that to the families of the dead. Every day, more dead kids but the nutters say 'gun crime is down'.

That's not enough.

This has dick to do with guns.

It's a personal problem that went south.

He used a gun. So what?

Would you be happier, or the dead less dead, if he used a machete?

Stop and THINK before you post such feckless nonsense.

Yeah they would be less dead. You can see a guy with a machete coming WAY before he's close enough.

Think it through. Take your time.

STFU!

If you can't speak in terms of some discernible reason, then it would be better for you and everyone around you, if you don't speak.

jonny, if we have to wait and see, why the unsubtle attempt connect this kid with communism? Never mind. I'm pulling your chain, old friend. I see sappy quotes thrown out all over the place that have little, if anything, to do with anything. This is a bumper-sticker cyber war.

This is what happens when people start believing they have a right to have anything they want. Did he have a right to pursue happiness? Didn't having this girl as his girlfriend make him happy? Doesn't he have a right to love whoever he wants? He loved her. She and her new boyfriend were denying Aguilar his civil rights. He was unhappy and someone had to pay.

This is what happens when people start believing they have a right to have anything they want. Did he have a right to pursue happiness? Didn't having this girl as his girlfriend make him happy? Doesn't he have a right to love whoever he wants? He loved her. She and her new boyfriend were denying Aguilar his civil rights. He was unhappy and someone had to pay.
This is what happens when thinking goes out the window. You are overlooking the fact that she had rights too. Your rights end where anothers' begins.

Another angry shooter enable by the NRA/GOP with lax and sloppy gun laws.

He was not a member of any well-regulated militia, and was not using it for self-protection.

There's just no hiding an idiot, is there?

Let me explain how this works twerp.

You're talking shit here, which directly threatens my right to own and effectively use a firearm in defense of my means to exercise my rights.

What if I began an effort to change the law so that anti-Americans could not speak publicly on issues relevant to public policy?

Forum List

Back