Jim Webb Throws His Hat In The Ring

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Jim Webb throws his hat in the 2016 ring RedState

Well, it's getting interesting already.

Webb, who was Ronald Reagan’s Navy secretary and who has held centrist views on a number of issues, has been bolstered by progressive news outlet The Nation as a potential challenge from the left to Hillary Clinton, the dominant front-runner who hasn’t yet said if she will launch a second national campaign.

The NATION ???? Well, he's out.

This could be the end for Webb
Jim Webb Gave Nearly 100 000 In Campaign Donations To His Family - Business Insider

though I hope not, because I'd like a larger primary field (and if someone wanted to draw votes from Clinton from the right that'd be great)

Jim Webb has been an honorable man for his entire life. His wife and daughter worked for his PAC so it's not surprising they were reimbursed. I'll wait for an explanation before I pass judgement.

He's the only candidate I would get excited about so far for 2016. Maybe the first I've been excited about in 14 years.

Webb would be a tough candidate unlike Hillary and the rest of the liberal trash that democrats think are the future of the Country.

Webb would be a tough candidate unlike Hillary and the rest of the liberal trash that democrats think are the future of the Country.

Well, take a look at this.....

Scenes from the 2016 Democratic Shadow Gutter War Clinton v. Webb. RedState

Let's hope that Webb gets in there and mud wrestles Hillary (boy that visual just caused me to lose my dinner).

The dems don't get a 2012 repeat. Hopefully, they'll have a long drawn out expensive primary where the two or five contestants really kick each other around.

I think I'll donate to Webb's campaign.

Well, take a look at this.....

Scenes from the 2016 Democratic Shadow Gutter War Clinton v. Webb. RedState

Let's hope that Webb gets in there and mud wrestles Hillary (boy that visual just caused me to lose my dinner).

The dems don't get a 2012 repeat. Hopefully, they'll have a long drawn out expensive primary where the two or five contestants really kick each other around.

I think I'll donate to Webb's campaign.
Money for nothin'. Send a big-ass check. Thanks.

Hillary is doing herself a disservice treating Webb so seriously. Free press of any sort is just what he needs. Of course, if the PAC money to family thing isn't justified he could be finished before he started.

Fuck that rude asshole. He has no more business being president than my left nut. Fortunately no one knows who he is and he is about zero charisma. Plus he's an old white guy and homey aint going there.

Webb is the only Democrap I'd ever consider.
It took longer to type the sentence than it took to reject him.
About the same time as it took to reject all the as yet mentioned GOPers.

Webb, who was Ronald Reagan’s Navy secretary and who has held centrist views on a number of issues, has been bolstered by progressive news outlet The Nation as a potential challenge from the left to Hillary Clinton, the dominant front-runner who hasn’t yet said if she will launch a second national campaign.

Webb has spent most of his career alienating everyone. Can't see him getting much traction.

Jim Webb throws his hat in the 2016 ring RedState

The NATION ???? Well, he's out.

Excellent, I'd like to know more about this guy.

Doesn't seem prone to partisan goofiness.

Cool.

Cool.

Okay, here's all you need to know.

He ran in 2006 as a Democrat because he had a hissy fit because Republicans didn't listen to him on the Iraq War.

He only got elected because the media made a big deal out of his opponent calling a video stalker a bad name.

He had ZERO impact during his one term as a senator before he quit in another hissy.

Cool.

Okay, here's all you need to know.

He ran in 2006 as a Democrat because he had a hissy fit because Republicans didn't listen to him on the Iraq War.

He only got elected because the media made a big deal out of his opponent calling a video stalker a bad name.

He had ZERO impact during his one term as a senator before he quit in another hissy.

Good to know you feel that way.

Any time a hardcore partisan ideologue doesn't like a candidate from their party, either party, that candidate has my attention.

So thanks, my instincts remain intact.

Good to know you feel that way.

Any time a hardcore partisan ideologue doesn't like a candidate from their party, either party, that candidate has my attention.

So thanks, my instincts remain intact.

Yup, you can pretend that you are taking the high road, and then take no responsiblity for him later. Got it.

Hardcore partisan ideologues certainly know how to avoid taking responsibility, so you may be right.

Hardcore partisan ideologues certainly know how to avoid taking responsibility, so you may be right.

I think it's more a matter of wanting someone who can get shit done.

Webb was a do-nothing, one term senator. His one accomplishment was that he was rude to President Bush once at a White House dinner. Then we really didn't hear anything from him ever again. He didn't even want to do the hard work of running for second term.

Sorry, man, I want someone in there who has a vision of what he wants to do and can get it done.

So this is why I wouldn't be horribly upset if Walker or Christy got the GOP nomination. These are guys who roll up their sleeves and do the work. Don't agree with them politically, but they get the job done.

Forum List

Back