Job A-Z

Abalone Jeweler

iu

Junkyard Owner

As a blacksmith who designs and makes ornamental wrought iron gates, wine racks with wrought iron gape leaves & "grapes", wrought iron African animals, reproductions of Elizabethan surgical tools, sculpture, and pretty much everything from napkin rings to cannons.

At my first blacksmith shop, I was blessed with an abandoned junkyard right next to me and could help myself to the innumerable treasures that lay within.

For example, I found and old, Art Deco, stained glass window and then designed and made an Art Deco table base that incorporated some of the same design features as the stained glass window.

Next, I'm sure that you've seen those old, cast iron coal grates for coal burning fireplaces. Many of those old coal grates also have attractive designs but because most were broken and unable to be used as coal grates again, I would repair the coal grate, make missing parts and then design and make a base or stand that duplicated the design features of the ornamental coal grate, make a liner to hold the soil and plant / flowers.

Those are just two examples of the innumerable treasures you may have and not even know about.
Now, all you have to do is to discover the quick and easy way to get rich by blacksmithing.

Good luck and never throw anything away,

Kelly Girls

Forum List

Back