Joe The World's Dumbest Politician Biden Says He’d Defy Subpoena to Testify in Trump’s Senate Trial

Why should he? If it is cool for Trump's people to say "no thanks" then it is cool for him to do so also.
I dont mind if biden refuses to testify as long as the repubs take bim to court to force him to comply

Why should he? If it is cool for Trump's people to say "no thanks" then it is cool for him to do so also.
Yep. We've all pretty much thrown law out the window and expect the other side to follow what they flaunt.

Unlike Trombies, I will demand that Biden testify if he is subpoenaed and Roberts approves the line of questioning as relevant to the proceedings.

One wrong does not make right what Biden is doing. Either you respect Congress, warts and all, or you don't. The argument, I have no testimony to make on the issues over which Trump was impeached (and should be convicted), doesn't cut it. Neither does, it's just the GOP's attempt to smear me. That also could be used by anybody called to testify. It is not "cool" for Trump's henchmen not to testify. It's deleterious to the Constitutional order.

If Congress calls, you show up and testify. Period. That applies to everyone, even to Mr. Biden. That is to say, I was deeply disappointed with his reaction.

One wrong does not make right what Biden is doing. Either you respect Congress, warts and all, or you don't. The argument, I have no testimony to make on the issues over which Trump was impeached (and should be convicted), doesn't cut it. Neither does, it's just the GOP's attempt to smear me. That also could be used by anybody called to testify. It is not "cool" for Trump's henchmen not to testify. It's deleterious to the Constitutional order.

If Congress calls, you show up and testify. Period. That applies to everyone, even to Mr. Biden. That is to say, I was deeply disappointed with his reaction.

Did I miss you saying these same things about all the Trump folks that refused to show up?

The Democrats could have gone to court over the Republicans' refusal to comply with subpoenas. They chose not to. Their call. It certainly lent an air of empty-handedness to their cause.

THey had enough evidence without going to the courts...

No real dispute about what Trump did. He held up aid trying to get the Ukraine to smear Biden for him.

If Congress calls, you show up and testify. Period.

Nope. The Executive Branch is co-equal, and has the right to question the legality of Legislative Branch requests.

The Democrats could have taken the matter to court. They declined.

The Democrats could have gone to court over the Republicans' refusal to comply with subpoenas. They chose not to. Their call. It certainly lent an air of empty-handedness to their cause.

THey had enough evidence without going to the courts...

No real dispute about what Trump did. He held up aid trying to get the Ukraine to smear Biden for him.

They have no evidence of any crime committed.

I wouldn’t either if I had so much to hide.
Obstruction is his only avenue.
Biden says he would not comply with a Senate subpoena in the impeachment trial of President Trump

So Trump ignores a subpoena, he gets impeached. Biden ignores a subpoena, he gets congratulated.
Trump ignores a subpoena, he's hiding something. Biden ignores a subpoena, he's not taking focus away from Trump.

The real question is how was Hunter getting all these sweetheart jobs he wasn't remotely qualified for, and why did they follow everywhere Daddy Joe went?
Do these idiots really think we are going to let this creep into the White House without answering these questions? He shouldn't even be allowed to run with so much open baggage hanging over his head.

If there was any simple, honest, open answer to any of this, Biden would be happy to share it. Looks like Trump was right again and the Democrats have another dirty skeleton in their closet. I finally get why DC hates Trump so much! Compared to them all, he looks like the Pope!

Did I miss you saying these same things about all the Trump folks that refused to show up?

No. You didn't. He basically just did.

Not even close

Nope. The Executive Branch is co-equal, and has the right to question the legality of Legislative Branch requests.

The Democrats could have taken the matter to court. They declined.

That matter was settled in U.S. v. Nixon, and recently confirmed in Committee on the Judiciary v. McGahn. The Trump administration, in its utter corruption, honors these just as much as it honors Congress, or the law, or the Constitution.

Kupperman? McGahn? Yeah, they "declined". You know, dummy, your transparent attempts at helping your Dear Leader to run out the clock don't amount to a fart in a storm. However, your dedicated, slavish subservience is noted.

It would be cool if the nutbags demanding that Congress go to court to get Mulvaney and others to obey their subpoenaes would accept two facts.

1) These refusals to testify have no legal standing. They will almost certainly end up with the courts ordering that they obey the subpoenaes. In other words, the refusal is a clear attempt to obstruct justice.

2) The courts are under no obligation to hear these cases in a timely manner. They could take a very long time. That's the point.

Not even close

Sure he did. He clearly thinks the Trump people should testify.

Forum List

Back