Joe The World's Dumbest Politician Biden Says He’d Defy Subpoena to Testify in Trump’s Senate Trial

Returning to the campaign trail after Christmas, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Friday stood by his comments that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at President Trump’s impeachment trial in the Senate.

In a meeting with the editorial board of The Des Moines Register, whose endorsement in the Iowa caucuses is coveted by presidential hopefuls, Mr. Biden argued that complying with a subpoena and testifying would essentially allow Mr. Trump to succeed in shifting attention onto Mr. Biden and away from the president’s own actions.

“The reason I wouldn’t is because it’s all designed to deal with Trump doing what he’s done his whole life: trying to take the focus off him,” Mr. Biden said. “The issue is not what I did.”

“This is all about a diversion,” Mr. Biden added. “And we play his game all the time. He’s done it his whole career.”

Mr. Biden met with The Register at the beginning of a two-day visit to Iowa. He boarded his “No Malarkey” campaign bus later Friday and headed to Williamsburg for an event there, to be followed by additional stops on Saturday.

Mr. Biden had previously said that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at the impeachment trial. Asked Friday about that stance, he said, “The grounds for them to call me would be overwhelmingly specious. But, so, I don’t anticipate that happening anyway.”

Mr. Biden raised the scenario of voluntarily appearing at the Senate trial and explained why he did not view that as a good idea.

“What are you going to cover?” he asked, referring to the news media. “You’re going to cover, for three weeks, anything I said. And he’s going to get away.”

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

A new Popular Mechanics SPECIAL EDITION on Grandpe Joe and his worth MILLIONS son Hunter has just been released....

db5os8q567741.jpg
Aren’t you all for ignoring subpoenas? I’d think you’d be supportive of this move. No?

When it is against a lying demonRAT WHO WAS VP AT THE TIME, AND we have him ADMITTING his BRIBERY AND EXTORTION on tape..YES. OF COURSE....Copared to a letter from Trump with NO OFFENSES MENTIONED, and a president of Ukraine who STATED UNDENIABLY that NO PRESSURE was done to HIM AND YOU HAVE THE LETTER SENT?.....Are you really this stupid, or just repeating DNC bullshit talking points that EVERYONE KNOWS IS A LIE???
sorry man. Subpoenas are subpoenas. People like you don’t get to decided which are valid and invalid to ignore. If it was cool for trump to ignore them in your eyes then it’s ok for Biden. That’s how it works
No President in modern era has testified on Capitol Hill. Biden is a common citizen. Here come the U.S. Marshals. Drag his sorry ass kicking and screaming to the Senate.

Returning to the campaign trail after Christmas, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Friday stood by his comments that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at President Trump’s impeachment trial in the Senate.

In a meeting with the editorial board of The Des Moines Register, whose endorsement in the Iowa caucuses is coveted by presidential hopefuls, Mr. Biden argued that complying with a subpoena and testifying would essentially allow Mr. Trump to succeed in shifting attention onto Mr. Biden and away from the president’s own actions.

“The reason I wouldn’t is because it’s all designed to deal with Trump doing what he’s done his whole life: trying to take the focus off him,” Mr. Biden said. “The issue is not what I did.”

“This is all about a diversion,” Mr. Biden added. “And we play his game all the time. He’s done it his whole career.”

Mr. Biden met with The Register at the beginning of a two-day visit to Iowa. He boarded his “No Malarkey” campaign bus later Friday and headed to Williamsburg for an event there, to be followed by additional stops on Saturday.

Mr. Biden had previously said that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at the impeachment trial. Asked Friday about that stance, he said, “The grounds for them to call me would be overwhelmingly specious. But, so, I don’t anticipate that happening anyway.”

Mr. Biden raised the scenario of voluntarily appearing at the Senate trial and explained why he did not view that as a good idea.

“What are you going to cover?” he asked, referring to the news media. “You’re going to cover, for three weeks, anything I said. And he’s going to get away.”

A new Popular Mechanics SPECIAL EDITION on Grandpe Joe and his worth MILLIONS son Hunter has just been released....

db5os8q567741.jpg
Aren’t you all for ignoring subpoenas? I’d think you’d be supportive of this move. No?

When it is against a lying demonRAT WHO WAS VP AT THE TIME, AND we have him ADMITTING his BRIBERY AND EXTORTION on tape..YES. OF COURSE....Copared to a letter from Trump with NO OFFENSES MENTIONED, and a president of Ukraine who STATED UNDENIABLY that NO PRESSURE was done to HIM AND YOU HAVE THE LETTER SENT?.....Are you really this stupid, or just repeating DNC bullshit talking points that EVERYONE KNOWS IS A LIE???
sorry man. Subpoenas are subpoenas. People like you don’t get to decided which are valid and invalid to ignore. If it was cool for trump to ignore them in your eyes then it’s ok for Biden. That’s how it works
No President in modern era has testified on Capitol Hill. Biden is a common citizen. Here come the U.S. Marshals. Drag his sorry ass kicking and screaming to the Senate.
Trump testifying on capital hill has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

db5os8q567741.jpg

Trump testifying on capital hill has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
Absolutely does and the House subpoenaed documents and the Supreme Court said he didn’t have to turn over tax records.

Absolutely does and the House subpoenaed documents and the Supreme Court said he didn’t have to turn over tax records.
Again, that has nothing to do with White House staffers with first hand knowledge of events ignoring house subpoenas

Donald Trump is the world's dumbest politician. I would do the same thing. Tell Senate Republicans to take a hike. Biden would be smart to do that
ROFLMFAO

That's where you're wrong dingbat
He may be the president but he IS NOT a politician

db5os8q567741.jpg

He admitted to no such thing Trump was applying pressure long before the phone call. Zelensky clearly is not going to get into the middle of this so naturally he will say that. The facts are quite different. You are the stupid one. Evderyone except Republicans know this is true.

db5os8q567741.jpg

He admitted to no such thing Trump was applying pressure long before the phone call. Zelensky clearly is not going to get into the middle of this so naturally he will say that. The facts are quite different. You are the stupid one. Evderyone except Republicans know this is true.
Lying and stupid is no way for you to go through life, child!...ROTFLMFAO!

Why should he? If it is cool for Trump's people to say "no thanks" then it is cool for him to do so also.

Because he would either have to admit to the world that he’s a criminal or perjure himself. We know he would never admit to it publicly so perjure himself is the likely scenario.

I probably wouldn’t want to show up either :lmao:

Why should he? If it is cool for Trump's people to say "no thanks" then it is cool for him to do so also.

The Democrats could have gone to court over the Republicans' refusal to comply with subpoenas. They chose not to. Their call. It certainly lent an air of empty-handedness to their cause.

The Republicans would have no such edge of desperation over their case as have the Democrats, and would let the court take whatever time it needed.

Because he would either have to admit to the world that he’s a criminal or perjure himself. We know he would never admit to it publicly so perjure himself is the likely scenario.

I probably wouldn’t want to show up either :lmao:

Is that the same reason Trump's people did not show up?

Forum List

Back