John 3:16 means you have to be Christian to get into heaven

There is no sacrifice for an intentional transgression.
So there goes that theory.

There is a sacrifice for the expiation of sin, but it isn't always easy to find a he-goat "without blemish".

It was very generous of you to present yourself as the offering.

Thanks....Now off you go.

offering oneself as a "HUMAN SACRIFICE" is a gross sin.
It is idolatry
Why do you always get your panties in such a bunch rosie?

Who doesn't make personal sacrifices for others?

Even the heathen make sacrifices for their children so they can have better lives.

you are comparing apples and oranges. Going hungry in order to have food for ones' children is not the same as lying down on an altar to be killed for some imaginary deity.
"panties in a bunch" is vulgar church imagery
He laid down his life for his friends

Did you ever even read the story?
You're getting your butt kicked.
Mangling Scripture is not cool.

The sacrifice of Jesus was just a personal sacrifice. He knew in advance that the revelation from God that he was given to teach would result in his condemnation suffering and death by those exposed as actors and lying frauds who held sway over the people who thought they were holy men..

Sin is disobedience to the law. The sacrifice of Jesus made it possible for people to understand the will of God, his teaching about the right way to understand and conform to the law opens the door for the forgiveness of sin for all those who receive his teaching and act on it.

There is no other way to be forgiven for sin, no other way to live without sin except by conforming to the instruction in the law in the way that Jesus taught in word and deed.

You are right. There is no sacrifice for intentional transgression. There is only a terrifying expectation of judgment.

Until Jesus came and revealed the truth, the only right way to understand and comply with the law that leads to the fulfillment of the promise of life, there was no such thing as intentional transgression. "If I had not come and spoken to you, you would not be guilty of sin."

People have to be exposed to the truth before anyone can make sin a deliberate choice.

Thats good news for you...except if you ever hear it.

Then its all about a difficult choice.....

When you find out that the law isn't about what you eat or what you wear, what will you do?

Reject the message? kill the messenger? Crawl into some cave ? Burrow underground and hide?

Once the cat is out of the bag, however many choices there may be, there is only one right course to take.

Its the Law!
Show me the verse(s).

I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall convey all of my commands.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which he shall speak in My name, I will hold him accountable..
And if he commands you to do something against my Torah you shall execute that prophet.
I like it when Christians edit verses to fit their agenda.
Thats why Jesus said that no one takes his life away, He laid it down of his own free will.

He knew that the revelation that God gave him to teach would make him seem like a froward person inciting apostasy to the people who were dedicated for life to following the law in the wrong way, a blasphemous false prophet and extremely contemptible creature worthy of condemnation and death.

Last edited:
There is a sacrifice for the expiation of sin, but it isn't always easy to find a he-goat "without blemish".

It is idolatry

Even the heathen make sacrifices for their children so they can have better lives.

you are comparing apples and oranges. Going hungry in order to have food for ones' children is not the same as lying down on an altar to be killed for some imaginary deity.

lol... It may seem that way to you, but I assure you, it only seems that way..

How is heaven defined?
It's a childish concept.
Jews believe in afterlife, what does it matter what you call it?
Watch the video and get back to me.
The Christian concept of the afterlife is taken from Greek Mythology.
I had trouble getting through the initial irony of him saying God is unknowable and then telling me what God hates.
Did he tell you anyone's going to Hell?
Did he tell you God wants a relationship with every human?

It is idolatry

lol... It may seem that way to you, but I assure you, it only seems that way..
Based on your endless lack of knowledge of Part 1, I'd say it's a reality.

How is heaven defined?
It's a childish concept.
Jews believe in afterlife, what does it matter what you call it?
Watch the video and get back to me.
The Christian concept of the afterlife is taken from Greek Mythology.
I had trouble getting through the initial irony of him saying God is unknowable and then telling me what God hates.
God is unknowable; how He manifests Himself is knowable.

It is idolatry

who is "he"? who are the "friends"?

It is idolatry

what "story"? what "scripture...." is being "mangled"?

God is unknowable; how He manifests Himself is knowable.
I'll have to take your word for that. It sounds to me like an oxymoron.
Not at all.
God is only known to by the way in which He communicates with us.
In fact, God may have created an infinite number of universes prior to this universe.
The idea that God is revealing to us is never give up.
We use the Torah to infer how we should be.

It is idolatry

what "story"? what "scripture...." is being "mangled"?
Every time Hobo quotes Tanach he leaves verses out.

OK but how exactly does he communicate with us? A burning bush is one thing, voices in a prophet's head is another. Or do we just go with our gut and trust faith to ensure we are on track?

OK but how exactly does he communicate with us? A burning bush is one thing, voices in a prophet's head is another. Or do we just go with our gut and trust faith to ensure we are on track?
That's a good question.
I presume your mind is only occupied by logical thoughts all the time.
It never wanders, fantasizes, causes you joy or angst.
Every moment of your life you have to judge your emotional state and actual actions against what the Torah has to tell you.
Very few prophets had clear communication from God.
They had to confer with Torah scholars to interpret their visions into words.
The more ego, the less lucid the vision.
That's why some prophets require more study than others.
Moshe, the Torah states, is the only prophet who had concrete conversations with God and never had a moment to himself for the last 40 years of his life.
And not everyone in the desert was find of Moshe.
People don't want to deal with Truth.

That's a good question.
Every moment of your life you have to judge your emotional state and actual actions against what the Torah has to tell you.
Moshe, the Torah states, is the only prophet who had concrete conversations with God and never had a moment to himself for the last 40 years of his life.
I have plenty of visions and fantasizes, some are not even that perverse. Assuming they don't conflict with Torah how do I know if they're from God or a lunch burrito?

My understanding of Judaism is that it changed from a religion of the people of Israel into a more personal connection between individuals and God. I also think the change took place after Malachi, the last book of prophet. How was so fundamental a change done without a prophet?

Not at all.
In fact, God may have created an infinite number of universes prior to this universe.

How do you feel about, "God is only known by the way He interacts with us"? I've often thought the Hebrew scriptures revealing God's goodness and justice; I see the New Testament as a revelation of God's love for us.

That's a good question.
I have plenty of visions and fantasizes, some are not even that perverse. Assuming they don't conflict with Torah how do I know if they're from God or a lunch burrito?

My understanding of Judaism is that it changed from a religion of the people of Israel into a more personal connection between individuals and God. I also think the change took place after Malachi, the last book of prophet. How was so fundamental a change done without a prophet?
Your understanding is not based on anything I have heard within the traditional Observant strain.
I believe Rabbi Yom Tov covered that.
I would need to know which verses in Malachi you are referring to.
It's a whole 3 chapters and I have not seen that idea expressed by anyone.

Last edited:
Not at all.

How do you feel about, "God is only known by the way He interacts with us"? I've often thought the Hebrew scriptures revealing God's goodness and justice; I see the New Testament as a revelation of God's love for us.
I suggest you study the Torah.
God's love for all mankind is expressed throughout Tanach; the NT offers nothing new in that department.

Forum List

Back