John 3:16 means you have to be Christian to get into heaven

If 'God' is 'God', human concepts and words cannot limit 'God'. Any relationship between a human and 'God' must be individual, personal and unique. What 'God' does, forgives or requires is for 'God' to determine and is beyond human judgment.

If 'God' is 'God', human concepts and words cannot limit 'God'. Any relationship between a human and 'God' must be individual, personal and unique. What 'God' does, forgives or requires is for 'God' to determine and is beyond human judgment.
How do you know what god does? :dunno:

I have no preconceived ideas when I read anything.
When I read a series of books supposedly based on the prior books and there is no connection in reality, I then know it's not a series of related stories.
Thanks for proving my point. If you are referring to the Koran (which I assume you read in the original Arabic) your faith informs you that the 'prior books' are accurate so the differences found in the Koran mean it must be incorrect. If you didn't let your preconceived ideas cloud your understanding you might accept the Korans assertion that the 'prior books' are not accurate accounts so God really did send his messenger with an update.
Be honest...
Have you ever read the Koran?
I read the first 10 suras.
Tried numerous time but could never get through it. On the other hand, over a billion people probably have. I'm not sure I'm qualified to critique the (possible) word of God. You claim you must read the Bible in its original Hebrew to appreciate it, the same may be true of the Arabic of the Koran. Allah may take us to task when we die for not reading his book. Could happen.

At any rate, I think if we believed the Koran was truly the word of God we'd get through it. Gotta have faith.

Last edited:
I have no preconceived ideas when I read anything.
When I read a series of books supposedly based on the prior books and there is no connection in reality, I then know it's not a series of related stories.
Thanks for proving my point. If you are referring to the Koran (which I assume you read in the original Arabic) your faith informs you that the 'prior books' are accurate so the differences found in the Koran mean it must be incorrect. If you didn't let your preconceived ideas cloud your understanding you might accept the Korans assertion that the 'prior books' are not accurate accounts so God really did send his messenger with an update.
Be honest...
Have you ever read the Koran?
I read the first 10 suras.
Tried numerous time but could never get through it. On the other hand, over a billion people probably have. I'm not sure I'm qualified to critique the (possible) word of God. You claim you must read the Bible in its original Hebrew to appreciate it, the same may be true of the Arabic of the Koran. Allah may take us to task when we die for not reading his book. Could happen.

At any rate, I think if we believed the Koran was truly the word of God we'd get through it. Gotta have faith.
No one can get through the Koran.
I thank God Judaism is not a faith based religion.
What I find amusing about you is what you just posted...
You stated that people of faith lack clarity of thought, but apparently you don't feel this way about Islam.
Do you believe that Muslims have objective clarity?

Really? There is evidence for any of the supernatural miracles in the Bible?

You stated that people of faith lack clarity of thought, but apparently you don't feel this way about Islam.
Muslims have no more or less clarity of thought than people of any other religion.

Really? There is evidence for any of the supernatural miracles in the Bible?

Muslims have no more or less clarity of thought than people of any other religion.
The first "Miracle" would be creation...
Once you don't believe in that, nothing that follows matter.

Maybe not to you... Did the sun stop for Joshua (or the earth stop rotating)? Is the Bible literally true or is it composed only of history, philosophy, metaphor, morality, etc. In short, is there a supernatural element to the universe and is there evidence for it outside of the Bible?

Maybe not to you... Did the sun stop for Joshua (or the earth stop rotating)? Is the Bible literally true or is it composed only of history, philosophy, metaphor, morality, etc. In short, is there a supernatural element to the universe and is there evidence for it outside of the Bible?
The verse is interpreted in a multitude of ways by various commentators during the last 2,000 years.
Of course, what the verse means in it's original Hebrew and how it's translated into English and other languages is another matter altogether.
What you are basically stating is that the God who created existence could not answer Joshua's request.

The Word of God is always multi-layered but never not fact.
I'm certain you are skeptical of God manipulating the Laws of Physics in Egypt.

In fact, to follow your logic, anyone, including the bad guys, will start worshiping God the moment they experience a miracle.
But God was serious when He gave humans Free Will.

What you are basically stating is that the God who created existence could not answer Joshua's request.
For a religion not based on faith there are a lot of faith-based assumptions here:
  1. There is a God
  2. The universe was created and did not always exist
  3. It was God that created the universe
  4. God was listening for Joshua's request
  5. God intervened to grant Joshua's request
  6. God intervened but left no record of the event outside of the Bible
In fact, to follow your logic, anyone, including the bad guys, will start worshiping God the moment they experience a miracle.
I can only speak for me but I'll certainly start worshiping something the moment I experience a miracle. Who wouldn't?

If God truly gave us free will he will not know how we will act. That means he is not omniscient. If he does know how we will act he must take the heat for creating us that way. It's a poor watchmaker that blames the watch for keeping poor time.

For a religion not based on faith there are a lot of faith-based assumptions here:
  1. There is a God
I can only speak for me but I'll certainly start worshiping something the moment I experience a miracle. Who wouldn't?

If God truly gave us free will he will not know how we will act. That means he is not omniscient. If he does know how we will act he must take the heat for creating us that way. It's a poor watchmaker that blames the watch for keeping poor time.
It is well known to Jews that God currently surrenders His omniscience in order for people to grow.
If God did not, there would be no point in creation.
Thankfully my religion doesn't demand I give my money to anyone in a $10,000 suit claiming I'll go to hell if I don't.

1. There is a God

It is well known to Jews that God currently surrenders His omniscience in order for people to grow.
Thankfully my religion doesn't demand I give my money to anyone in a $10,000 suit claiming I'll go to hell if I don't.

Pffft....sure it does. Except your conman is god himself. I'd rather give away my money than my will and my rational faculties.

1. There is a God

I don't know of any Christian minister wearing a !0,000 suit Jewish tailored suit.:dunno: But there are likely a few Hollywood stars which do. And just saying Lord, Lord! doesn't make one a Christian or a Jew for that matter.

Last edited:
  1. There is a God

I don't know of any Christian minister wearing a !0,000 suit Jewish tailored suit.:dunno: But there are likely a few Hollywood stars which do.
A bit hyperbole in general but actually with truth in the money grab of selling prosperity teaching. It has been allowed for awhile but will not stand. "I need a jet" for teaching the gospel is a bit much if you ask me but hey what do I know. When even a smaller church sends out its parishioners to extort money from those who are dying (to be saved) wouldn't that get you to rethink the money grab for salvation?

Did God say any of this or is it just a series of interpolations given a supposed starting point? What makes you believe there is a point anyway? Hubris? And you claim there is no faith in Judaism.

John 3:16 means you have to be Christian to get into heaven. Other than the bible which is a work of fiction, got any proof?

Seems none of the religious folk want to answer the hard questions.
They are not suppose to.....

Romans 10:6-9

But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)

Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1. There is a God

It's on us to make amends, (Eugenics)

1. There is a God

I don't know of any Christian minister wearing a !0,000 suit Jewish tailored suit.:dunno: But there are likely a few Hollywood stars which do.
A bit hyperbole in general but actually with truth in the money grab of selling prosperity teaching. It has been allowed for awhile but will not stand. "I need a jet" for teaching the gospel is a bit much if you ask me but hey what do I know. When even a smaller church sends out its parishioners to extort money from those who are dying (to be saved) wouldn't that get you to rethink the money grab for salvation?

1. There is a God

Jesus said, "Go into the world and preach the Gospel..." Jesus didn't say anyone would be happy and monetarily wealthy in this life. Anyone who preaches otherwise is not preaching the Gospel but doing his own thing.

Forum List

Back