John Kasich and Newt Gingrich best POTUS candidates

I really do not see this coming to pass. Kasich is relatively unknown, but that may not be a bad thing and Newt has more baggage then an airport terminal.

I've listened to Kasich a few times and have to admit I am very impressed with him.

He's getting my vote in November. He has done a decent job as governor and deserves to be re-elected. I'm not sure how conservatives would react to some of the stunts he has pulled though. When the legislature put a stop to Medicaid expansion under Obamacare, Kasich did what some considered illegal by forming a committee that oversees the state budget to approve the expansion despite both houses being against it. Now, tea party members are swearing that they will not support Kasich in November, but Kasich is still likely to win as he has picked up a great deal of support from moderates who would otherwise have voted Democrat. Kasich has proven to be a pragmatist. While he has cut the state budget substantially, and balanced the budget, the one problem it has created is that it has forced school districts to ask for more and more money locally as state revenue has been reduced to almost nothing, leaving many school districts with massive deficits. In many ways, he just passed the buck on to the local communities. The bad thing about that is that it really hurts lower income school districts the most, because they are least likely to pass school levies that will increase their tax burden when they can't pay the bills they already have. In districts such as my own, there has even been a struggle to pass some levies, but then again, this district just built five new schools and expanded a couple others, so they are still paying on that.

That is all very interesting. Wonder how he can get more funding for schools or at least matching funds.

He's pro charter and private schools. He's trying to make them more accessable to everybody. Education is on his second term agenda.

I really do not see this coming to pass. Kasich is relatively unknown, but that may not be a bad thing and Newt has more baggage then an airport terminal.

I've listened to Kasich a few times and have to admit I am very impressed with him.

He's getting my vote in November. He has done a decent job as governor and deserves to be re-elected. I'm not sure how conservatives would react to some of the stunts he has pulled though. When the legislature put a stop to Medicaid expansion under Obamacare, Kasich did what some considered illegal by forming a committee that oversees the state budget to approve the expansion despite both houses being against it. Now, tea party members are swearing that they will not support Kasich in November, but Kasich is still likely to win as he has picked up a great deal of support from moderates who would otherwise have voted Democrat. Kasich has proven to be a pragmatist. While he has cut the state budget substantially, and balanced the budget, the one problem it has created is that it has forced school districts to ask for more and more money locally as state revenue has been reduced to almost nothing, leaving many school districts with massive deficits. In many ways, he just passed the buck on to the local communities. The bad thing about that is that it really hurts lower income school districts the most, because they are least likely to pass school levies that will increase their tax burden when they can't pay the bills they already have. In districts such as my own, there has even been a struggle to pass some levies, but then again, this district just built five new schools and expanded a couple others, so they are still paying on that.
I have friends in Ohio, mostly Republican but a few Democrats. Every one of them have remarked to me that Kasich has turned Ohio around and is doing a remarkable job in attracting businesses to move there. I heard him say in an interview that he wants to outdo Rick Perry of Texas in attracting business.

I am pretty much hearing the same things as well from my friends and family from the state. I spend a lot a time in Ohio and that seems to be the general consensus. He has 54% approval rating in Ohio as of June. The state isn't exactly easy to govern either. It has a strong Democratic base, a decent union population, and a loads of independents.

I have friends in Ohio, mostly Republican but a few Democrats. Every one of them have remarked to me that Kasich has turned Ohio around and is doing a remarkable job in attracting businesses to move there. I heard him say in an interview that he wants to outdo Rick Perry of Texas in attracting business.

I am pretty much hearing the same things as well from my friends and family from the state. I spend a lot a time in Ohio and that seems to be the general consensus. He has 54% approval rating in Ohio as of June. The state isn't exactly easy to govern either. It has a strong Democratic base, a decent union population, and a loads of independents.

With a difficult legislature. Ohio is a true 50/50 state, which is why if you win it you will likely win the Presidency.

With a difficult legislature. Ohio is a true 50/50 state, which is why if you win it you will likely win the Presidency.

Exactly. No GOP candidate has ever lost Ohio and became President.

Exactly. No GOP candidate has ever lost Ohio and became President.

Which makes Kasich a top contender.

Gingrich has had his day. Kasich is too much of an unknown.

And who exactly was Barack Hussein Obama before the media got behind him?
Excellent point! The only thing Obama was good at, was making speeches.

Looks like Kasich is a great contender. Since you all know him so much better than I, I hope you create threads about him, making others on the board are of the viable candidate!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back