John McCain owes America an apology

You seem to have fun with things like this.

Well...have fun with this...

My mentally challanged son lives in his own apartment, has a savings account with over 15K in it...is engaged to be married.....and has yet to turn to government for his handouts and entitlements.

His goal is to acheive what I have acheived...personal success my own. He refuses my help financially....all he and his sweetheart ask for is for us to attend THEIR place for Thanksgiving and come with nothing but the sweet potatos.

Can you all say the same for your "normal" children?

Here's the thing...did Ravi call your son "retarded"? Did he mention your son at all? Or have YOU interjected your son into this conversation? and why?

What does your son have to do with all this? Why are you dragging your family into this?

Very odd behavior.

If you read the thread entirely you would not have fallen into Ravi's spin of what happened.

I simply mentioned civily that I find the word offensive and I explained why....I did not criticize him for it nor did I chastse him for it. I simply let him know why it bothers me with the expectastion that Ravi would respond as all have to me in the past...."i understand and I will not use that term as an insult in front of you again"

But Ravi responded that I was sensitive...in other words, criticized me for letting that term bother me......and accepted no responsibility for perhaps "hitting a nerve" that would affect anyone in my shoes.

But I NEVER criticized Ravi for using the word
....I simply said it offended me.
And that is when it got to where you read it....

There is a difference....

So YOU brought your family into this....not Ravi. Correct?

And again, I've missed your chastizing namvet (Timothy) for using the same term. What post is that again?

Last edited:
OT is clearly retarded. No offense.

Outstanding comeback.

You are good manifold.....you are one heck of a debater.

Is there a debate going on here?

If so I definitely missed it.

All I've seen is you being hyper-sensitive, Ravi calling you on it, a couple of extraneous retards misconstruing Ravi's contributions, shamvet offering a soundly threadbare joke and then both you and him being too retarded to realize I just took his joke and ran with it.

Here's the thing...did Ravi call your son "retarded"? Did he mention your son at all? Or have YOU interjected your son into this conversation? and why?

What does your son have to do with all this? Why are you dragging your family into this?

Very odd behavior.

If you read the thread entirely you would not have fallen into Ravi's spin of what happened.

I simply mentioned civily that I find the word offensive and I explained why....I did not criticize him for it nor did I chastse him for it. I simply let him know why it bothers me with the expectastion that Ravi would respond as all have to me in the past...."i understand and I will not use that term as an insult in front of you again"

But Ravi responded that I was sensitive...in other words, criticized me for letting that term bother me......and accepted no responsibility for perhaps "hitting a nerve" that would affect anyone in my shoes.

Yep...but not in the light you wish to imply. I brought it in as I believed it was best to explain why the word retarded was offensive to me.

It would have been inappropriate to ask someone not to use the word without an explanation.

But yes, I brought my family into it so it would not turn into what it turned into.

I thought I was dealing with a debater...one who may see things differently than I do, but one who has compassion for others feelings as well.

I was wrong, so my usage of my family failed.

I take full responsibility for my family being dragged through this....but since you said it was odd behavior, I deemed it best to explain why it was not so odd.

It seems even THAT attempt was futile as well.

Whatever. I am OK with it. Time to move on.

Outstanding comeback.

All I've seen is you being hyper-sensitive, Ravi calling you on it, a couple of extraneous retards misconstruing Ravi's contributions, shamvet offering a soundly threadbare joke and then both you and him being too retarded to realize I just took his joke and ran with it.

don't run away mad just run away

Outstanding comeback.

I was being hyper sensitive by saying that using a word that describes my son as an insult to someone else is offensive?

Wow.....

So a fat person has no right to be offended when someone says that person is so fat she is a slob?

Wow.....

And you are a liberal?

Wow.....

OK.

Last edited:
Outstanding comeback.

And let a fraud like you have all the fun? No way shamvet, no friggin way. :lol:

Yep...but not in the light you wish to imply. I brought it in as I believed it was best to explain why the word retarded was offensive to me.

It would have been inappropriate to ask someone not to use the word without an explanation.

But yes, I brought my family into it so it would not turn into what it turned into.

I thought I was dealing with a debater...one who may see things differently than I do, but one who has compassion for others feelings as well.

I was wrong, so my usage of my family failed.

I take full responsibility for my family being dragged through this....but since you said it was odd behavior, I deemed it best to explain why it was not so odd.

It seems even THAT attempt was futile as well.

Whatever. I am OK with it. Time to move on.

So.....you have no room to complain since you are the one who brought your own family up. Glad that you see that....and of course, glad that you admit that Ravi was not insulting your family at first since he didn't even know they existed til you brought them up.

I wonder why OT only finds the term retard offensive when Ravi says it? :eusa_think:

I dont. Anyone who uses it I mention it is offensive if I am in a conversation with that person.

Why must you continue to spin this?

You have nothing better to add?

Puhlease!

We both know you've seen that term used here repeatedly. I've never once seen you comment on it until now.

That tells me a lot about you.

I wonder why OT only finds the term retard offensive when Ravi says it? :eusa_think:

I dont. Anyone who uses it I mention it is offensive if I am in a conversation with that person.

Puhlease!

We both know you've seen that term used here repeatedly. I've never once seen you comment on it until now.

It wasn't too hard to do a search. The only time that poster has used it is in this thread. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - Search Results

He is for real.

Puhlease!

OK...I guess in your eyes I am using my son's situation for political debating purposes.

If that makes you feel better....go ahead.....run with it.

Jeez...not one single "I see your point"...

God forbid if posters like you act a bit more human when you have the safety of being anonymous.

Guess it makes you feel powerful or something.

Whatever...I am moving on...I suggest you do as well.

Puhlease!

OK...I guess in your eyes I am using my son's situation for political debating purposes.

If that makes you feel better....go ahead.....run with it.

Jeez...not one single "I see your point"...

God forbid if posters like you act a bit more human when you have the safety of being anonymous.

Guess it makes you feel powerful or something.

Whatever...I am moving on...I suggest you do as well.

I assumed the pos rep I gave you on the initial post satisfied as the requisite "I see your point."

My bad.

Outstanding comeback.

Haven't you left the country with your money yet, Tim?

Puhlease!

It wasn't too hard to do a search. The only time that poster has used it is in this thread. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - Search Results

He is for real.

WOW!

That is soooooooooooo mind numbingly ignorant that I can't even call it retarded. That would be an insult to retards.

This search proves that OT doesn't use the term. It does nothing to indicate the number of times he's seen it posted and said nothing about it.

Go find me an old (unedited) post from him where he mentions this to someone else and I'll offer everyone a big fat apology. mmmkay?

Puhlease!

He is for real.

WOW!

That is soooooooooooo mind numbingly ignorant that I can't even call it retarded. That would be an insult to retards.

This search proves that OT doesn't use the term. It does nothing to indicate the number of times he's seen it posted and said nothing about it.

Go find me an old (unedited) post from him where he mentions this to someone else and I'll offer everyone a big fat apology. mmmkay?

For 23 years I have said exactly the same thing to those I am conversing with iof they used the word.

So now I guess I am a hyper sensitive liar.

Wow....you really need to get a life Manifold....you are on here casting insults to someone you dont even know.....and based on pure assumption on your part.

Yes, I see many threads with the word retarded in it. It would be useless to respond if with my sentiment on the word if I am not involved in the thread.

I mean.....look what happened here? and I WASinvolced in the thread.

Go find a hobby Manifold....you need to get yourself busy.

Forum List

Back