John Pinette, dead at 50

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
(Reuters) - John Pinette, a stand-up comedian who guest-starred as the victim of a carjacking in the final episode of the comedy show Seinfeld, has died at age 50, an official said on Sunday.

Pinette was found dead inside a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, hotel room on Saturday, an official with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.

Pinette died from natural causes and was discovered by family members, the official said.

Comedian John Pinette found dead in Pittsburgh hotel room at age 50 | Reuters

My favorite comic.

(Reuters) - John Pinette, a stand-up comedian who guest-starred as the victim of a carjacking in the final episode of the comedy show Seinfeld, has died at age 50, an official said on Sunday.

Pinette was found dead inside a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, hotel room on Saturday, an official with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.

Pinette died from natural causes and was discovered by family members, the official said.

Comedian John Pinette found dead in Pittsburgh hotel room at age 50 | Reuters

My favorite comic.

yea he was a funny guy.....its to bad....

• Banned
It feels unfair. He lost so much weight, he kept it off - he should have been granted more years, logically.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read that Peaches Geldof died, too. Only 25 years old.

• Banned
I just read that Peaches Geldof died, too. Only 25 years old.

Holy. My heart goes out to her loved ones.

I guess that's the three right there, with Mr. Rooney.

"Leaving a husband and two sons."

"We are beyond pain," said her father, confirming her death. "She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us."

"What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable?"

Police say the death is currently being treated as "unexplained and sudden".

BBC News - Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

Damn...I hadn't yet seen that about Peaches Geldof.....
Two sons aged 1 and the younger turning one this month.
That's Horrible....
I didn't see any mention of an autopsy in the article but see that she's wearing a Star of David in one photo......If I'm correct, Jewish tradition means burial within 24 hours of the death.

I didn't know Pinette had lost a lot of weight, but dying at 50 is hardly natural causes.
No autopsy and his own physician already signed his death certificate.

Both of those deaths just leave you with more questions.

My condolences to their families and friends.

• Banned
Damn...I hadn't yet seen that about Peaches Geldof.....
Two sons aged 1 and the younger turning one this month.
That's Horrible....
I didn't see any mention of an autopsy in the article but see that she's wearing a Star of David in one photo......If I'm correct, Jewish tradition means burial within 24 hours of the death.

I didn't know Pinette had lost a lot of weight, but dying at 50 is hardly natural causes.
No autopsy and his own physician already signed his death certificate.

Both of those deaths just leave you with more questions.

My condolences to their families and friends.

Pulmonary embolism. Natural causes (as far as I know) just means that there were no drugs, alcohol, or electric appliances in the tub.

How terrible after the accomplishment of losing over 200 lbs.
I think it must have been the Tonight Show I've seen him on a few times.
He was very funny !

That he was. I put his video up there ... that was the first time I saw him. Was living in a boarding house, all us roomies sat down and watched and we literally had to hit pause because we were laughing so hard, we were drowning him out.

Wow, I had no idea that John Pinette died.
He was coming to Concord, NH this summer, and the wife and I were planning on getting tickets.
VERY funny man. We listen to him all the time on Sirius/XM radio.
He actually owned a home in Pennsylvania, and injected it into his standup routine.
Very sad news.

Wow, I had no idea that John Pinette died.
He was coming to Concord, NH this summer, and the wife and I were planning on getting tickets.
VERY funny man. We listen to him all the time on Sirius/XM radio.
He actually owned a home in Pennsylvania, and injected it into his standup routine.
Very sad news.

The other morning, a local station re-ran one of his interviews. I walked out of my room and heard his voice, ... man. Just so sad, he will be missed.

Forum List

Back