John Wayne on liberals

ayne was full of contradictions. Although the star of countless Westerns such as John Ford’s 1939 “Stagecoach” and 1953’s “Hondo” owned a ranch, the Duke “didn’t particularly like horses and preferred suits and tuxedos to chaps, jeans and boots,” according to his son, Michael Wayne. The prototypical cowpoke also favored the sea over the prairie.

While many of his contemporaries, including Henry Fonda, Clark Gable and Ronald Reagan, served in the armed forces during World War II, the lead in such wartime sagas as 1945’s “They Were Expendable,” 1948’s “Fort Apache” and 1968’s “The Green Berets” did not. Wayne was not only missing in action during the 1940s’ liberation of the Philippines and Europe, he wasn’t a cavalry officer, a Vietnam commando or a Leatherneck—flying or otherwise—for he was never in the military.

According to Gary Wills’ book “John Wayne’s America,” the man who portrayed the archetypal, battle-hardened Marine, Sgt. Stryker, in 1949’s “The Sands of Iwo Jima,” actually avoided the draft during WWII. Wills contends that the Duke did not reply to letters from the Selective Service system, and applied for deferments. Apparently, Wayne—who had sought stardom during years of B-pictures following Raoul Walsh’s 1930 frontier drama “The Big Trail”—got his big break during the struggle against fascism when many Hollywood action heroes like Tyrone Power enlisted and shipped out overseas.

With much of the competition away in the Pacific and European theaters, Wayne was able to storm movie theaters to solidify his stardom. While Jimmy Stewart and his fellow celebrity servicemen were real action heroes, Wayne was a “Lights! Cameras! Action!” hero who merely played the part in the safety of Tinseltown’s home front and back lot.

Memorializing the Deadly Myth of John Wayne - Truthdig

John Wayne was to old to fight in WWII.
Gary Wills book is not being truthful either.

I like most of Wayne's movies - but he was an asshole. Even his name is fucked up.

Marion Mitchell Morrison (born Marion Robert Morrison; May 26, 1907 – June 11, 1979), better known by his stage name John Wayne, was an American film actor, director, and producer.

In May 1971, Playboy magazine published an interview with Wayne which resulted in a firestorm of controversy. Wayne expressed his support for the Vietnam War,[4] and made headlines for his resolute opinions about social issues and race relations in the United States:

I believe in white supremacy, until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people ... I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from [the Native Americans] ... Our so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.[57][15]

John Wayne - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I like most of Wayne's movies - but he was an asshole. Even his name is fucked up.

Marion Mitchell Morrison (born Marion Robert Morrison; May 26, 1907 – June 11, 1979), better known by his stage name John Wayne, was an American film actor, director, and producer.

In May 1971, Playboy magazine published an interview with Wayne which resulted in a firestorm of controversy. Wayne expressed his support for the Vietnam War,[4] and made headlines for his resolute opinions about social issues and race relations in the United States:

I believe in white supremacy, until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people ... I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from [the Native Americans] ... Our so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.[57][15]

Conservatism at its finest

ayne was full of contradictions. Although the star of countless Westerns such as John Ford’s 1939 “Stagecoach” and 1953’s “Hondo” owned a ranch, the Duke “didn’t particularly like horses and preferred suits and tuxedos to chaps, jeans and boots,” according to his son, Michael Wayne. The prototypical cowpoke also favored the sea over the prairie.

While many of his contemporaries, including Henry Fonda, Clark Gable and Ronald Reagan, served in the armed forces during World War II, the lead in such wartime sagas as 1945’s “They Were Expendable,” 1948’s “Fort Apache” and 1968’s “The Green Berets” did not. Wayne was not only missing in action during the 1940s’ liberation of the Philippines and Europe, he wasn’t a cavalry officer, a Vietnam commando or a Leatherneck—flying or otherwise—for he was never in the military.

According to Gary Wills’ book “John Wayne’s America,” the man who portrayed the archetypal, battle-hardened Marine, Sgt. Stryker, in 1949’s “The Sands of Iwo Jima,” actually avoided the draft during WWII. Wills contends that the Duke did not reply to letters from the Selective Service system, and applied for deferments. Apparently, Wayne—who had sought stardom during years of B-pictures following Raoul Walsh’s 1930 frontier drama “The Big Trail”—got his big break during the struggle against fascism when many Hollywood action heroes like Tyrone Power enlisted and shipped out overseas.

With much of the competition away in the Pacific and European theaters, Wayne was able to storm movie theaters to solidify his stardom. While Jimmy Stewart and his fellow celebrity servicemen were real action heroes, Wayne was a “Lights! Cameras! Action!” hero who merely played the part in the safety of Tinseltown’s home front and back lot.

My grandfather was the same age as John Wayne and he got drafted.

But then again, he was not a movie star

Attack a persons character, that is all the left ever does.

It does not take away from his comments in exposing leftist tactics, however.

The left has no new ideas or tactics. All they do is continue to repeat what they have always done.

Interestingly, when Harry Reid said Obama was elected because he was light skinned and did not have a NEGRO dialect, no one on the left attacked him like they do John Wayne.

So he was 34 also when Pearl Harbor was bombed?
Did your grandfather have a 3 A class status also?

You all would rather attack the actor rather than what he said about liberals.
One thing he said about them is absolutely correct and that is, liberals think they know better than you, in what you think or say.
How many times have libs on this board said "you implied" it or say "assume' this is what you really said.
How much of the progressive, lib ways have actually worked without putting us in debt?

Bergdahl_fam.jpg

Liberalism, at its finest

So he was 34 also when Pearl Harbor was bombed?
Did your grandfather have a 3 A class status also?

You all would rather attack the actor rather than what he said about liberals.
One thing he said about them is absolutely correct and that is, liberals think they know better than you, in what you think or say.
How many times have libs on this board said "you implied" it or say "assume' this is what you really said.
How much of the progressive, lib ways have actually worked without putting us in debt?

In the twisted minds of liberals, they nor those who are like them, can do any wrong, hence being free of any accountability for virtually anything.

No one in the press will expose them or hold them accountable either.

John Wayne appeared in so many stories. Where there is smoke. Who knows?:

BISEXUAL HOLLYWOOD

IUC Exclusive The Duke was The Queen Of Hollywood

New biography reveals the real John Wayne and the truth behind his tough-talking ways Showbiz News Daily Express

In reality the actor was guilt-ridden having avoided military service during the conflict, staying home with his children while other stars from Henry Fonda (who was a liberal) to Ronald Reagan enlisted.

OOH That's gotta hurt.

So, Wayne was just another Ted Nugent. Not surprised...

View attachment 41672

Liberalism, at its finest
Ah yes, the rights poster child for abandonment of a soldier during war...

It strikes me that the same crap liberals pulled in John Wayne's day they are still doing today.

Liberals have not changed. They are just the same old tired movement, so why do they call themselves "Progressive"?

John Wayne was a drunk chain smoker and an extreme NeoClown/racist. I guess Republican's haven't changed either...they're still dickheads.

He was also a queer, you homophobe.

I have no problem with that, bigot.

I'm going to watch The Shootist in about 30 minutes, which I've seen umpteen times. However, it won't be the same tonight after being reminded that Wayne was a white supremacist and all around bigot. He was also no friend to Native Americans. I didn't know he was also AC/DC.

It strikes me that the same crap liberals pulled in John Wayne's day they are still doing today.

Liberals have not changed. They are just the same old tired movement, so why do they call themselves "Progressive"?

My favourite line is I considered myself a liberal until I met these new liberal group. They then labelled me a conservative extremist. That feels so familiar...

Back in the day when men were men and not pajama boys....
John Wayne....Red meat eating,smoking,drinking whiskey and bangin chicks.
A real true American.

Not one of these...

I'm gonna load up the Quiet Man on netflix right now

View attachment 41657

Your worth as a male isn't defined by what clothes you wear or what type of meat you eat. You're a man by who you are. Being a man or a woman is not a clearly defined. You are what you define yourself.

Forum List

Back