Jon Stewart Exploring Senate Run with Eye on Presidency

Stewart is thinking about running for the Senate in 2016, eh?

Absolutely. There is still time to get on the ballot in several slightly red states. His popularity will bring out exceptionally high participation numbers giving Democrats a noticeable boost in which ever state he chooses. His old friend, Al Franken has agreed to campaign for him. Right wingers are crapping themselves worrying about which state he will run in.
Both of them are shit bags

Who's next...Craig Ferguson?

4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249.png

Haha I remember in an interview with Chris Wallace, Wallace accused him of wanting to be a political player that was masquerading as a comedian. Stewart denied that he had any interest in politics whatsoever.

And ignorant Americans will actually support him....
The only Americans that will support that buffoon are the ones that you see being interviewed and they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground off the street or from some University...

I like Jon a lot. He's smart, much smarter than the majority of politicians in office today, his progressive leanings worry me, but i would vote for him.

His show's writers may be clever...all Stewart did was say the lines they wrote.

When he would show up on unscripted news shows he was very quick and could rip anybody's pithy arguments to shreds in an instant. No, he is very sharp indeed.

When he would show up on unscripted news shows he was very quick and could rip anybody's pithy arguments to shreds in an instant. No, he is very sharp indeed.

What "pithy arguments"? What does he know about servicing constituencies, dealing with lobbyists, what departments of government do what, what to expect from various courts and appeals courts, or fundraising and the campaign trail? He's a wiseass comedian with a chip on his shoulder about never being on a real network, not the stuff a US Senator is made of, but then he's a democrat....are you a democrat?

We all knew it was coming. He waited longer than I had hoped, but there is still time for him to make a difference in a borderline red state. He could turn a slightly red state to vivid blue.

Jon Stewart for President. The sentence that makes liberals jump for joy and conservatives tremble in fear. According to sources close to the retiring host of the popular Daily Show, Stewart has formed an exploratory committee for a 2016 Senate run. In much the same way Hillary Clinton has worked her way to presidential contention, Stewart is believed to be setting himself up to run for the highest office in either 2020 or 2024 depending on the outcome of the 2016 election.

Jon-Stewart-1024x683.jpg

Jon Stewart Exploring Senate Run With Eye On Presidency
he'll be the martha stewert of politics... that's a good thing.

What "pithy arguments"? What does he know about servicing constituencies, dealing with lobbyists, what departments of government do what, what to expect from various courts and appeals courts, or fundraising and the campaign trail? He's a wiseass comedian with a chip on his shoulder about never being on a real network, not the stuff a US Senator is made of, but then he's a democrat....are you a democrat?

Yes, I am a Dem. Have been all my life. However I am not a progressive. There is a huge difference.

Stewart is thinking about running for the Senate in 2016, eh?

Absolutely. There is still time to get on the ballot in several slightly red states. His popularity will bring out exceptionally high participation numbers giving Democrats a noticeable boost in which ever state he chooses. His old friend, Al Franken has agreed to campaign for him. Right wingers are crapping themselves worrying about which state he will run in.
arkansas, new york, chicago....

Yes, I am a Dem. Have been all my life. However I am not a progressive. There is a huge difference.

So you're a blue-dog democrat?

My parents were life long dems....they though I was switched at birth....:lol:

My parents were life long dems....they though I was switched at birth....:lol:

When I told my mom I was voting for Ronald Reagan she hung up on me! I got my revenge when Willy got caught with Monica....I told her she was a blue-dress democrat.
lol.gif

Nope. I'm a THINKING Democrat. In social issues I am very liberal. Whatever you want to do in the privacy of your own home doesn't concern me in the slightest. It is likewise none of your business how I live my life.

Nope. I'm a THINKING Democrat. In social issues I am very liberal. Whatever you want to do in the privacy of your own home doesn't concern me in the slightest. It is likewise none of your business how I live my life.
I'm am as conservative as the day is long....and I think the same way....

So no, that's not a good enough reason.....just sayin....

We all knew it was coming. He waited longer than I had hoped, but there is still time for him to make a difference in a borderline red state. He could turn a slightly red state to vivid blue.

Jon Stewart for President. The sentence that makes liberals jump for joy and conservatives tremble in fear. According to sources close to the retiring host of the popular Daily Show, Stewart has formed an exploratory committee for a 2016 Senate run. In much the same way Hillary Clinton has worked her way to presidential contention, Stewart is believed to be setting himself up to run for the highest office in either 2020 or 2024 depending on the outcome of the 2016 election.

Jon-Stewart-1024x683.jpg

Everyone should have a hobby. Perhaps he and Gary Johnson can trade notes on running for president.

Uh huh, so what if I'm making pipe bombs in the privacy of my home? This "social liberal and fiscal conservative" routine is a dodge; an inability to grasp the two things are incompatible. If you believe abortion on demand and non-gender bathrooms are examples of social justice, then you're a yellow dog dem. If not, I will allow you to call yourself a strong defense, personal responsibility, low taxes, right to life, blue-dog dem.

Jon-Stewart-1024x683.jpg

The only surprise is he waited this long to announce. I also know for a fact he will name Tina Fey as his Veep when his eventual POTUS run begins. Sources also say he has asked Bill Maher to be Secretary of State and Homeland security director. Colonel Sanders willt be his Defense secretary, Jill Stein - Energy, Tommy Chong - Agriculture, Courtney Love - Health and Human Services, he will make the Company Amazon Commerce secretary, Barney the dinosaur Education. The rest of his cabinet has yet to be determined.

Forum List

Back