joni Ernst family received 1/2 million dollars in government handouts

Vandalshandle

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2013
More tea party hypocrisy.

"Joni Ernst, the new Republican senator from Iowa who
delivered the GOP response to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech Tuesday night, called in her address for cuts in government spending and described how her views grew out of her own “simple” upbringing, one in which her family diligently watched ever scarce penny, to the point where she owned only one pair of shoes.

But an investigation of public records by the Washington D.C.-based District Sentinel online news site showed that between 1995 and 2009,
Ernst’s family received nearly a half-million dollars in government handouts, payments targeted toward subsidizing farms with taxpayer funds.

“I had only one good pair of shoes. So on rainy school days, my mom would slip plastic bread bags over them to keep them dry,” Ernst described in her State of the Union rebuttal Tuesday.

“But I was never embarrassed. Because the school bus would be filled with rows and rows of young Iowans with bread bags slipped over their feet. Our parents may not have had much, but they worked hard for what they did have.”

Joni Ernst On Welfare GOP Senator s Family Grabbed 460 000 In Taxpayer Handouts

Not only that, but it was the generic brand bread sold at Safeway. She never had Sara Lee bread bags like the rich kids.....

Ernst’s father, Richard Culver, was given $14,705 in conservation payments and $23,690 in commodity subsidies by the federal government–with all but twelve dollars allocated for corn support.

Joni needs to castrate her father.

Wow, you could buy a lot of bread bags with that. Rows and rows.

Wow, you idiots really eat up that BS. By her "family" you actually mean her parents and grandparents who, like thousands of other small farmers, received agricultural subsidies over many decades so they wouldn't lose their farms. Kind of puts it in perspective, eh? But don't let that interrupt your propaganda mill...

Wow, you could buy a lot of bread bags with that. Rows and rows.

Wow, you idiots really eat up that BS. By her "family" you actually mean her parents and grandparents who, like thousands of other small farmers, received agricultural subsidies over many decades so they wouldn't lose their farms. Kind of puts it in perspective, eh? But don't let that interrupt your propaganda mill...
You should really read the links provided before making a fool of yourself.

These subsidies to her dad were not "over many decades". You manufactured some serious bullshit there.

Her dad's subsidies were over a four year period and then another four year period.

He needs to be castrated.

And just like every other government handout suckling, you did your best to justify the handout. My, my, my how they squeal when it is their own hoof caught in the government till!

You said, "so they wouldn't lose their farms". More unsupported manufactured bullshit.

Last edited:
Joni's uncle Dallas got $370,000 in handouts.

GOP’s Joni Ernst Wins Senate Race in Iowa

Mrs. Ernst’s campaign says the positions she took in the primary remain unchanged: She’s a states’ rights supporter who wants Iowa to set its own minimum wage and opposes all federal subsidies to businesses, except for the federal Renewable Fuels Standard, which requires the use of ethanol in gasoline, benefiting Iowa corn growers.

She supports ethanol subsidies, kids. Do I need to haul out some posts on this forums where some of you whined about ethanol subsidies?

"...benefiting Iowa corn growers". Like her family members.

The reeking, steaming stench of hypocrisy, ladies and gentlemen.

I am so pleased that my taxes are going to these small farmers so that they can continue to inefficiently compete against large farmers who are also getting subsidies. I like the concept so well that I am going to see if I can get my senator to write a bill that will give us small homeowners subsidies so that we can continue to buy land for our small homes that otherwise only rich developers could afford to buy. I'm thinking maybe in Malibu.

About 75 percent of total subsidies go to the biggest 10 percent of farming companies, including Riceland Foods Inc., Pilgrims Pride Corp., and Archer Daniels Midland. Among the "farmers" who get federal subsidies are Bruce Springsteen (who leases land to an organic farmer), Jon Bon Jovi (who owns bee colonies), former President Jimmy Carter, and billionaire media mogul Ted Turner. "The typical farmer has literally millions of dollars of wealth," said Dan Sumner, an agricultural economist at the University of California, Davis. Farm subsidies A welfare program for agribusiness quit handing them out...........

More tea party hypocrisy.

"Joni Ernst, the new Republican senator from Iowa who
delivered the GOP response to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech Tuesday night, called in her address for cuts in government spending and described how her views grew out of her own “simple” upbringing, one in which her family diligently watched ever scarce penny, to the point where she owned only one pair of shoes.

But an investigation of public records by the Washington D.C.-based District Sentinel online news site showed that between 1995 and 2009,
Ernst’s family received nearly a half-million dollars in government handouts, payments targeted toward subsidizing farms with taxpayer funds.

“I had only one good pair of shoes. So on rainy school days, my mom would slip plastic bread bags over them to keep them dry,” Ernst described in her State of the Union rebuttal Tuesday.

“But I was never embarrassed. Because the school bus would be filled with rows and rows of young Iowans with bread bags slipped over their feet. Our parents may not have had much, but they worked hard for what they did have.”

Joni Ernst On Welfare GOP Senator s Family Grabbed 460 000 In Taxpayer Handouts

From the bread bag to the government feed bag. Fascinating.

And to think her number one priority is to kick about 100,000 of her fellow Iowans off Medicaid.

What a c-word.

About 75 percent of total subsidies go to the biggest 10 percent of farming companies, including Riceland Foods Inc., Pilgrims Pride Corp., and Archer Daniels Midland. Among the "farmers" who get federal subsidies are Bruce Springsteen (who leases land to an organic farmer), Jon Bon Jovi (who owns bee colonies), former President Jimmy Carter, and billionaire media mogul Ted Turner. "The typical farmer has literally millions of dollars of wealth," said Dan Sumner, an agricultural economist at the University of California, Davis. Farm subsidies A welfare program for agribusiness quit handing them out...........

...and Ted Turner owns more land than any other individual in America.

She fits right in then.

10533103_10153506474036040_9205936736550722047_n_zps66zwy6cl.jpg

Joni's uncle Dallas got $370,000 in handouts.

Ah, so now it's about her UNCLE. Is that what you mean by her FAMILY? Did she live with HIM? What size farm did HE own? Subsidies over what period of time? Why do you constantly deal in deception?

"The truth about her family’s farm roots and living within one’s means, however, is more complex. Relatives of Ernst (née: Culver), based in Red Oak, Iowa (population: 5,568) have received over $460,000 in farm subsidies between 1995 and 2009. Ernst’s father, Richard Culver, was given $14,705 in conservation payments and $23,690 in commodity subsidies by the federal government–with all but twelve dollars allocated for corn support. Richard’s brother, Dallas Culver, benefited from $367,141 in federal agricultural aid, with over $250,000 geared toward corn subsidies. And the brothers’ late grandfather Harold Culver received $57,479 from Washington—again, mostly corn subsidies—between 1995 and 2001. He passed away in January 2003."

Forum List

Back