joni Ernst family received 1/2 million dollars in government handouts

More tea party hypocrisy.

"Joni Ernst, the new Republican senator from Iowa who
delivered the GOP response to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech Tuesday night, called in her address for cuts in government spending and described how her views grew out of her own “simple” upbringing, one in which her family diligently watched ever scarce penny, to the point where she owned only one pair of shoes.

But an investigation of public records by the Washington D.C.-based District Sentinel online news site showed that between 1995 and 2009,
Ernst’s family received nearly a half-million dollars in government handouts, payments targeted toward subsidizing farms with taxpayer funds.

“I had only one good pair of shoes. So on rainy school days, my mom would slip plastic bread bags over them to keep them dry,” Ernst described in her State of the Union rebuttal Tuesday.

“But I was never embarrassed. Because the school bus would be filled with rows and rows of young Iowans with bread bags slipped over their feet. Our parents may not have had much, but they worked hard for what they did have.”

Joni Ernst On Welfare GOP Senator s Family Grabbed 460 000 In Taxpayer Handouts

OMG! A liberal against welfare. LOL!

GOP’s Joni Ernst Wins Senate Race in Iowa

Mrs. Ernst’s campaign says the positions she took in the primary remain unchanged: She’s a states’ rights supporter who wants Iowa to set its own minimum wage and opposes all federal subsidies to businesses, except for the federal Renewable Fuels Standard, which requires the use of ethanol in gasoline, benefiting Iowa corn growers.

She supports ethanol subsidies, kids. Do I need to haul out some posts on this forums where some of you whined about ethanol subsidies?

"...benefiting Iowa corn growers". Like her family members.

The reeking, steaming stench of hypocrisy, ladies and gentlemen.

Eliminate corn subsidies, today.
And sugar supports, tomorrow.

It's Miller time!

Mrs. Ernst’s campaign says the positions she took in the primary remain unchanged: She’s a states’ rights supporter who wants Iowa to set its own minimum wage and opposes all federal subsidies to businesses, except for the federal Renewable Fuels Standard, which requires the use of ethanol in gasoline, benefiting Iowa corn growers.

She supports ethanol subsidies, kids. Do I need to haul out some posts on this forums where some of you whined about ethanol subsidies?

It's Miller time!
Eliminate both today.

OMG ! A Republican hypocrite.
Good job, Joni !

OMG! A Democrat trying to use big words!

Hypocrisy Definition
dictionary.search.yahoo.com
n. noun
  1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

2. An act or instance of such falseness.
Exactly which beliefs is she professing that she does not hold? If she actually is in favor of these subsidies, please provide evidence.

Good job, Siete!

Farm subsidies have been with us since FDR's New Deal.

JFK and Nixon debated over farm subsidies in the 1960 debates.

And farm subsidies are still with us.

It's Miller time!
Eliminate both today.

You convinced me.

Exactly which beliefs is she professing that she does not hold?

Have you not read the topic? Do you have a vision problem due to partisan blinders?

Ernst whines about government pork, yet she supports government pork programs which benefit her family.

She has the stinking, reeking stench of hypocrisy.

OMG ! A Republican hypocrite.
Good job, Joni !

OMG! A Democrat trying to use big words!

Hypocrisy Definition
dictionary.search.yahoo.com
n. noun
  1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

2. An act or instance of such falseness.
Exactly which beliefs is she professing that she does not hold? If she actually is in favor of these subsidies, please provide evidence.

Good job, Siete!

I understand. You're trying everything in your power to be relevant, but you're powerless .. and a moron. Dangerous combination.

Shhh...welfare and subsidies are okay as long as it benefits people of the right hue.

Again, with the stupidity of dimocrap scum rearing its ugly, mishapen, diseased head.

It used to be called 'Soil Bank'

The goobermint paid people to NOT plant crops because it would lower the market price of those crops.

FDR started it. If Farmers planted every piece of land they could, it would knock the bottom out of everything growable in this Country. Everything.

So the goobermint pays them to NOT plant crops.

If they had decided to plant crops instead, they could have -- No, they WOULD have made a LOT more money than the goobermint gave them.

The goobermint actually ASKS them to not plant and then gives them a small amount of money in exchange for it.

dimocraps be some stupid bitches

Again, with the stupidity of dimocrap scum rearing its ugly, mishapen, diseased head.

It used to be called 'Soil Bank'

The goobermint paid people to NOT plant crops because it would lower the market price of those crops.

FDR started it. If Farmers planted every piece of land they could, it would knock the bottom out of everything growable in this Country. Everything.

So the goobermint pays them to NOT plant crops.

If they had decided to plant crops instead, they could have -- No, they WOULD have made a LOT more money than the goobermint gave them.

The goobermint actually ASKS them to not plant and then gives them a small amount of money in exchange for it.

dimocraps be some stupid bitches

whine in one hand shove $ in your wallet with the other

I really dislike her in that she panders to the lowest level. As G5000 points out, really all of us are getting some kind of 'subsidy' or govt largesse. That's part of the gop's problem; how do you find a standard bearer. But, imo, in large part it comes down to plain old hubris, or the sin of pride. Mitt was the perfect example with his taxes. By all reports Mitt is a pretty decent guy, personally. Ernst, prolly not so much. But Mitt came off as a plutocrat because .... wait for it .... he IS a plutocrat.

The tax issue, like Ernst's lack of earnestness, would go away if they just said "Yeah, I ran my biz taking advantage of these programs that are not in the people's best interests because that's what my biz competitors did too. But, I will oppose them if you elect me because it's the right thing to do. However, because they are hypocritical plutocrats, they really don't oppose largesse that benefits them because they've convinced themselves that God, or plain old pluck, results in their being more deserving because they are makers not takers.

delivered the GOP response to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech Tuesday night, called in her address for cuts in government spending and described how her views grew out of her own “simple” upbringing, one in which her family diligently watched ever scarce penny, to the point where she owned only one pair of shoes.

But an investigation of public records by the Washington D.C.-based District Sentinel online news site showed that between 1995 and 2009,
Ernst’s family received nearly a half-million dollars in government handouts, payments targeted toward subsidizing farms with taxpayer funds.

“I had only one good pair of shoes. So on rainy school days, my mom would slip plastic bread bags over them to keep them dry,” Ernst described in her State of the Union rebuttal Tuesday.

“But I was never embarrassed. Because the school bus would be filled with rows and rows of young Iowans with bread bags slipped over their feet. Our parents may not have had much, but they worked hard for what they did have.”

Precisely why we need to end farm subsidies, but are we really expected to believe you want to do that?

Have you not read the topic? Do you have a vision problem due to partisan blinders?

Ernst whines about government pork, yet she supports government pork programs which benefit her family.

Exactly which "government pork programs which benefit her family" does she support?

Precisely why we need to end farm subsidies, but are we really expected to believe you want to do that?
Exactly, but Ernst had to do the bait and switch to survive in Iowa. As Trent Loot (-: once said "pork is something that occurs over the Tennessee line."

Exactly which "government pork programs which benefit her family" does she support?

Ethanol, which, incidentally, uses more non-renewable energy than it saves.

Forum List

Back