Jordan Neely Was on ‘Top 50’ List of at-Risk New York City Homeless People

i am not sure what you mean by getting back to mental institutions. I am not sure what states you all live in, but we have them where i live. People are routinely placed there…and sometimes against their will.
I worked in a State Psychiatric Hospital for several years over 40 years ago. There are expenses to that. The Hospital had over 500 patients and 500 employees. There were many of them in the state. There were employees dedicated to keep power and heat/AC to the buildings. There is cost justification for that. The state had its own dairy and other associated products that would be delivered. And you can taste a difference to a degree. There were many food service employees. Then you have the administrative employees. Which deal with coordinating all of the employee groups in different divisions. This is before you get to the employees who interact with the patients. which have several levels. The top of the Hospital tree gets headaches y those who monitor any type of accused abuses to psychiatric patients. At that time a female patient could accuse a male psychiatric aide of sexual inclinations and cost resources with it being a lie and done over and over. A patient could abuse themselves physically and cost the state millions of dollars as they sent them to hospitals for treatments with the added cost of psyche aides having to monitor them at the medical hospital. How much do we pay and can afford? For everything.

sad…sorry to hear

i bet those same liberals don’t bother to donate food or their time to the soup kitchen or food bank in your area to help even feed the guy
For sure not. In fact, there’s a petition going around to block an expanded homeless shelter a few blocks from where I live.

I worked in a State Psychiatric Hospital for several years over 40 years ago. There are expenses to that. The Hospital had over 500 patients and 500 employees. There were many of them in the state. There were employees dedicated to keep power and heat/AC to the buildings. There is cost justification for that. The state had its own dairy and other associated products that would be delivered. And you can taste a difference to a degree. There were many food service employees. Then you have the administrative employees. Which deal with coordinating all of the employee groups in different divisions. This is before you get to the employees who interact with the patients. which have several levels. The top of the Hospital tree gets headaches y those who monitor any type of accused abuses to psychiatric patients. At that time a female patient could accuse a male psychiatric aide of sexual inclinations and cost resources with it being a lie and done over and over. A patient could abuse themselves physically and cost the state millions of dollars as they sent them to hospitals for treatments with the added cost of psyche aides having to monitor them at the medical hospital. How much do we pay and can afford? For everything.
it’s lt cheap…but getting people well so they can contribute to society is important and some cost can be repaid via taxes once they are contributing

it also keep society safe, which has value

it’s lt cheap…but getting people well so they can contribute to society is important and some cost can be repaid via taxes once they are contributing

What about my idea of deporting the illegals from shelters and using them to house the mentally ill? We are throwing billions of dollars away each year housing people who shouldn’t even be here in the first place.

He was taking meds but evidently stopped.
Where was his family in all this? I know his mother was murdered by her boyfriend, and there doesn’t seem to be a father in the picture, but there is an aunt who is giving all sorts of interviews.

I wonder how rich NYC leftists will make her as a result of all this.

What about my idea of deporting the illegals from shelters and using them to house the mentally ill? We are throwing billions of dollars away each year housing people who shouldn’t even be here in the first place.
I would suggest relocating them(which they do, but not for a permanent home)

How many houses in the U.S. are empty?

How Many Vacant Homes Are in America? (2022 Data)

16 million

HVR and RVR both measure the proportion of homeowner and rental inventory which are vacant. There are more than 16 million vacant housing units in the U.S. (16,078,532). 5.8% of rental units are vacant, while 1.4% of homeowner units are vacant — a 314% difference.Sep 12, 2022

The Most Vacant Cities in America: 2022 Data​

Where was his family in all this? I know his mother was murdered by her boyfriend, and there doesn’t seem to be a father in the picture, but there is an aunt who is giving all sorts of interviews.

I wonder how rich NYC leftists will make her as a result of all this.
Make her?

I would suggest relocating them(which they do, but not for a permanent home)

How many houses in the U.S. are empty?

How Many Vacant Homes Are in America? (2022 Data)

16 million

HVR and RVR both measure the proportion of homeowner and rental inventory which are vacant. There are more than 16 million vacant housing units in the U.S. (16,078,532). 5.8% of rental units are vacant, while 1.4% of homeowner units are vacant — a 314% difference.Sep 12, 2022

The Most Vacant Cities in America: 2022 Data

No, way too inefficient to put mentally ill in individual houses. They need to be congregated in a facility, where they can be supervised and be forced to take their meds.

It is the wide fuzzy line of what is dangerous and what is not. And in it, it is not cut and dried someone will go off at a pre-determined time. No one knows that. Although we can set conditions up to promote anyone to go off if we push the buttons.

Forum List

Back