🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jordanian MPs: Release Terrorist who Murdered Israeli Students

jordanian parliamentarians are calling for the release of a terrorist who in 1997 murdered seven israeli students from the same school during a school trip.

110 out of 150 jordanian mps have already signed a petition, initiated by mp ali sinad, calling for the release of ahmed daqamseh.

Daqamseh was a soldier in the jordanian army when he opened fire on a group of students who were visiting the “peace island” of naharayim on march 13, 1997, as part of a class trip. Naharayim is located right near the jordanian border, and daqamseh opened fire on the girls from the jordanian side. He killed seven of the students, and wounded six others. Daqamseh was sentenced by a jordanian military court to life in prison.

jordanian mps: Release terrorist - middle east - news - israel national news

good news! At least, one prisoner may experience freedom! Reading about so many unlawfully detained Palestinian prisoners, over 4000, held by Israel, all held unlawfully, that includes hunger striker Samer Issawi and a 14 year old American child, I can only welcome the news of the possible release of this prisoner by Jordan! AND I think about Israeli murderers of over 1500 children in Palestine, IDF murderers of children, who have not spent one day in prison for their crimes, I feel I should be be celebrating this news! I THINK WHAT I shall do is find some email contact with the Jordanian government and express my support for this prisoner's release.

May god have a bolt of lighting strike you on the head!

How did you get the impression that this man was/is not responsible for his doings?

Where did he, or anyone representing him, claimed he's mentally 'challenged'?

It was claimed in one of the articles that he suffered from an anti-social disorder - that was where that came from.

Ok, but the fact that he had the disroder doesn't mean he didn't know what he was doing. Question is, was he under an 'attack' or such a situation that took over his inner judgment and therefore he did what he did.

At least that is the logic in which my justice system works on. I don't really know how its in jordan.

I don't know enough about the individual case or how Jordan regards and treats mental illness. I do know, that mental illness alters a person's perceptions of the outer world and of other people. It may or may not render a person unable to differentiate right from wrong.

Just because a person may have been motivated to do what he did by his illness doesn't mean he can ever be set free. In the US - we've had some vivid recent examples of mental illness and subsequent violence in the VA tech shootings, Colorado theatre shootings, the Gifford shootings and the Newtown school shootings. In those cases the people were clearly very ill. Just because the crime is heinious doesn't change that. I don't think such people - even if "cured" via medication - can ever be free in society since there is no way to ensure compliance with medication once they are out in society.

you're not a jordanian. it is none of your business, really, at this point.

life sentence=25 years.

all i am suggesting is mentally ill people be treated like mentally ill people.

didn't hitler believe in imprisoning those with mental defects...or mental illness, among other mental conditions.

This is none of my business, sure, but since it's a message board, I express my opinion. I am a regular person with no influence on Jordanian justice system, so of course, it's 'none of my business'.

And I don't think bringing hitler to this debate is wise, to say the least.

From that point of view this is nobodies business on this board since none of us live in Jordan. The thread should be locked and everyone should move on to other things.

Following that logic, this whole board is redundant since I'm the only one currently living in Israel.

So let's close this all issue up and mind our own business.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
This is none of my business, sure, but since it's a message board, I express my opinion. I am a regular person with no influence on Jordanian justice system, so of course, it's 'none of my business'.

And I don't think bringing hitler to this debate is wise, to say the least.

From that point of view this is nobodies business on this board since none of us live in Jordan. The thread should be locked and everyone should move on to other things.

Following that logic, this whole board is redundent since I'm the only one currently living in Israel.

Ok everyone should log off this board except you than, no one should comment on this board unless you live in Israel.

It was claimed in one of the articles that he suffered from an anti-social disorder - that was where that came from.

Ok, but the fact that he had the disroder doesn't mean he didn't know what he was doing. Question is, was he under an 'attack' or such a situation that took over his inner judgment and therefore he did what he did.

At least that is the logic in which my justice system works on. I don't really know how its in jordan.

I don't know enough about the individual case or how Jordan regards and treats mental illness. I do know, that mental illness alters a person's perceptions of the outer world and of other people. It may or may not render a person unable to differentiate right from wrong.

Just because a person may have been motivated to do what he did by his illness doesn't mean he can ever be set free. In the US - we've had some vivid recent examples of mental illness and subsequent violence in the VA tech shootings, Colorado theatre shootings, the Gifford shootings and the Newtown school shootings. In those cases the people were clearly very ill. Just because the crime is heinious doesn't change that. I don't think such people - even if "cured" via medication - can ever be free in society since there is no way to ensure compliance with medication once they are out in society.

"It may or may not render a person unable to differentiate right from wrong."

Yes, exactly, which is why it's not enough to say someone has mental illness, and the question should be not if he has it, but, is he or she responsible for his/her doing because of it, and a result of it.

If Jordan would have found him not responsible, would they have sent him to prison, anyway? For the sake of honesty, I have no idea.

I don't think such people - even if "cured" via medication - can ever be free in society since there is no way to ensure compliance with medication once they are out in society.

And that of course, makes very much sense.

Following that logic, this whole board is redundent since I'm the only one currently living in Israel.

Ok everyone should log off this board except you than, no one should comment on this board unless you live in Israel.

LMAO!

I will get bored very quickly! *laugh**snort*

"It may or may not render a person unable to differentiate right from wrong."

Yes, exactly, which is why it's not enough to say someone has mental illness, and the question should be not if he has it, but, is he or she responsible for his/her doing because of it, and a result of it.

If Jordan would have found him not responsible, would they have sent him to prison, anyway? For the sake of honesty, I have no idea.

I don't think such people - even if "cured" via medication - can ever be free in society since there is no way to ensure compliance with medication once they are out in society.

And that of course, makes very much sense.

I think we are in agreement :tongue:

Forum List

Back