Juan Williams/Charles Krauthammar on Hating Congress

we have term limits for the president, why not congress? Do away with the electoral vote. it discourages people from voting. let the voice of the people make the decision. I know so many people who don't bother voting because they say, NY is going blue no matter what. Its also why we have swing states? think about it. its a given how 40+ states are going to vote. it comes down to a handful of on the border states. the election needs to be put back in the hands of the people, not a few select states that can barter for special interests.

we have term limits for the president, why not congress? Do away with the electoral vote. it discourages people from voting. let the voice of the people make the decision. I know so many people who don't bother voting because they say, NY is going blue no matter what. Its also why we have swing states? think about it. its a given how 40+ states are going to vote. it comes down to a handful of on the border states. the election needs to be put back in the hands of the people, not a few select states that can barter for special interests.

those might be good ideas...
I know a lot of people who thinks that way too...We have to get control over this growing out of control government...They are now just STEAM ROLLING over us, take OScamcare for an Example, changing the rules whenever they feel like it, etc and people just yawn about it

I know a lot of people who thinks that way too...We have to get control over this growing out of control government...They are now just STEAM ROLLING over us, take OScamcare for an Example, changing the rules whenever they feel like it, etc and people just yawn about it

we are as divided as a nation and as a people as congress is partisan. that has to change. no one is really totally all left or all right on every issue. although we make ourselves that way because we have to tow the party line. its a poison that is destroying this nation. we make no issues major issues. we spend so much time debating shit that doesn't matter what matters never gets dealt with.

we are as divided as a nation and as a people as congress is partisan. that has to change. no one is really totally all left or all right on every issue. although we make ourselves that way because we have to tow the party line. its a poison that is destroying this nation. we make no issues major issues. we spend so much time debating shit that doesn't matter what matters never gets dealt with.

I agree with that and that's just what this government likes and wants ...That way no one pays attention to them passing laws they don't read, changing the rules in the middle of the game, doing whatever the hell they please with taxpayers money etc etc.
I don't know where it's going to end but it's not looking good for us in my book..But I'm from the old school..I've watched it changed for the worse over the 40 years I've been voting

I agree with that and that's just what this government likes and wants ...That way no one pays attention to them passing laws they don't read, changing the rules in the middle of the game, doing whatever the hell they please with taxpayers money etc etc.
I don't know where it's going to end but it's not looking good for us in my book..But I'm from the old school..I've watched it changed for the worse over the 40 years I've been voting

government, as it is today, thrives on partisanship. it's not about the people anymore, its about the special interests. and the special interests are the ones who reap the benefits. its a game of throw the left a little, throw the right a little. give each side its little victories. it's like mental welfare for the masses

I would think term limits should be left up to the states. Each state supplies it's own quota of senators and congressmen, AND pays their salary and gives them their health insurance and retirement package. They also need the right for a recall vote. What I will never agree on is this refusal to prosecute any high official for the crime they commit. WTF is that about and where did it come from?

I would think term limits should be left up to the states. Each state supplies it's own quota of senators and congressmen, AND pays their salary and gives them their health insurance and retirement package. They also need the right for a recall vote. What I will never agree on is this refusal to prosecute any high official for the crime they commit. WTF is that about and where did it come from?

I'm good with that...the states better start waking up to this Federal government trying to take the power away from them too

Without getting into morals here, I think it's already a done deal with this particular supreme court of unsupremacy. They ruled recently that states can not ban gay marriages, is that not right? If so and it stands, that is the game then. Over. The camels nose is under our skirts.

Last edited:
Without getting into morals here, I think it's already a done deal with this particular supreme court of unsupremacy. They ruled recently that states can not ban gay marriages, is that not right? If so and it stands, that is the game then. Over. The camels nose is under our skirts.

the supreme court is another embarrassment. amazing how they can interpret things so differently from centuries of other justices

the supreme court is another embarrassment. amazing how they can interpret things so differently from centuries of other justices

But think of the opportunity. Some future president will have the opportunity to see if the impeachment laws for removing justices works. :eusa_whistle:

Like slavery?

Forum List

Back