Judge Cannon may initially oversee the Trump case

I don’t see liberal judges appointed by Democrats recusing themselves.

It does seem liberals want Trump to be in a court run by a judge who hates him.

As usual the hell with fairness.

A judge need not 'hate' Trump. Just be fair.

Cannon was so egregiously biased that she was thrown off the Mar-a-lago raid case by the 11th circuit court.

I don’t see liberal judges appointed by Democrats recusing themselves.

It does seem liberals want Trump to be in a court run by a judge who hates him.

As usual the hell with fairness.
Yup, and they'll raise hell if he beats their legal attacks in any way. The fact that he's basically telling DC to go fock itself, he isn't going to give up, is going to make that crowd go insane in the coming year.

A judge need not 'hate' Trump. Just be fair.

Cannon was so egregiously biased that she was thrown off the Mar-a-lago raid case by the 11th circuit court.
Cannon, although rebuked severely and overruled by the 11th Circuit Court, was not thrown off the case.

This appointment if she does recuse and refuses to maintain a neutral stance may be a blow to the DOJ's case.

Cannon, although rebuked severely and overruled by the 11th Circuit Court, was not thrown off the case.

This appointment if she does recuse and refuses to maintain a neutral stance may be a blow to the DOJ's case.

I'm referring to the last Mar-a-lago case last year. The 11th circuit tossed her off that case so hard she bounced twice.

I'm referring to the last Mar-a-lago case last year. The 11th circuit tossed her off that case so hard she bounced twice.
No, skylar, she was severely rebuked and two of her rulings were thrown out. She was not tossed. Please, you are better than that.

At least I can understand "she was thrown off the case by the Appellant Court"

Which puts me head and shoulders above you.

If you ever need help comprehending English, I can recommend an App for you.
You don’t know what an appellant court is.

No, skylar, she was severely rebuked and two of her rulings were thrown out. She was not tossed. Please, you are better than that.
She was tossed....as the 11th found that even her claims of jurisdiction over the case was in error and vacated the entire civil action.

"The district court improperly exercised equitable jurisdiction in this case. For that reason, we VACATE the September 5 order on appeal and REMAND with instructions for the district court to DISMISS the underlying civil action."

Here's a link to the case if you'd like to review it yourself.

You don’t know what an appellant court is.

You've got a tell, Tahu. When you know you've lost, you stop arguing the point....and start to randomly insult.

I accept your concession with all the grace and patience it deserves.

She was tossed....as the 11th found that even her claims of jurisdiction over the case was in error and vacated the entire civil action.

"The district court improperly exercised equitable jurisdiction in this case. For that reason, we VACATE the September 5 order on appeal and REMAND with instructions for the district court to DISMISS the underlying civil action."

Here's a link to the case if you'd like to review it yourself.

That is not thrown off the case. The case was dismissed, far different thing.

I am hoping that the severe rebuke will keep her neutral, as she should be, for this case.

That is not thrown off the case. The case was dismissed, far different thing.

I am hoping that the severe rebuke will keep her neutral, as she should be, for this case.

It was dismissed because she had improperly claimed jurisdiction in the first place. Any question of the validity of the warrant should have rightly gone to the judge or magistrate that issued the warrant to begin with. Trump went judge shopping and found one willing to violate the standards of equitable jurisdiction to benefit him

The 11th completely shut her down, eviscerating her entire 'legal' argument, finally tossing her off the case by removing it from her court.

The ruling was as profound a rebuke as I have ever seen.

It was dismissed because she had improperly claimed jurisdiction in the first place. Any question of the validity of the warrant should have rightly gone to the judge or magistrate that issued the warrant to begin with. Trump went judge shopping and found one willing to violate the standards of equitable jurisdiction to benefit him

The 11th completely shut her down, eviscerating her entire 'legal' argument, finally tossing her off the case by removing it from her court.

The ruling was as profound a rebuke as I have ever seen.
Your interpretation is not what you said: 'thrown off.' That would have been her being replaced by another judge. Yes, she was severely rebuked but not "thrown off."

Your interpretation is not what you said: 'thrown off.' That would have been her being replaced by another judge. Yes, she was severely rebuked but not "thrown off."

She was thrown off the case. Overruling portions of ruling or even EVERY portion would have been bad enough. But the court found that Cannon's rewriting of the rules, her radical reordering of caselaw, her violations of bedrock separation of power limitations were such that the only remedy suitable was to dismiss the entire proceeding.

Do you know how rare that is?

The courts removed her from the case. They removed the case from her court. And they did it because of her egregious errors in jurisprudence.

From her absurd interpretation of the Richey standard that made professional lawyers laugh out loud, to her inept blunders in on concepts as simple as equitable jurisdiction. Any single blunder on the Richey standard would have invalidated her application. She made 4. And they called out each one in exhaustive detail.

This was an absolute take down by the 11th.

"The law is clear. We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant. Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so. Either approach would be a radical reordering of our caselaw limiting the federal courts’ involvement in criminal investigations. And both would violate bedrock separation-of-powers limitations. Accordingly, we agree with the government that the district court improperly exercised equitable jurisdiction, and that dismissal of the entire proceeding is required."

i know law students that are taking the bar exam in July that were taught in class how NOT to apply equitable jurisdiction or irreparable harm standard using Cannon's incompetence as their guide.

She even fed the Trump legal team arguments that they took up. And the 11th court noticed, calling her out on it too.

Last edited:
I'm OK with Judge Cannon overseeing this case. She's not going to throw it out for any of the automatically filed motions from the defense. (people, please don't make a thread for each of those).

If things go poorly for DJT in her courtroom, will that make her an official RINO Judge? A new deep state member? Your Liberal biased judge, usual argument, won't hold water. I want her on the bench.

Forum List

Back