Judge Cannon Pauses Trump case

Delldude

Sheep Dipped Boy Scout
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2014
Plasticville U.S.A
Fighting lawfare with lawfare?

The immunity decision ( for all presidents ) must have young Jackie Smith beside himself.

A federal judge on Saturday postponed a few deadlines in former President Donald J. Trump’s classified documents case to allow prosecutors time to respond to his request for a broader pause in the wake of the Supreme Court’s ruling this week on executive immunity.
On Friday, lawyers for Mr. Trump asked Judge Aileen M. Cannon, who is overseeing the case, for permission to file additional papers to bolster their immunity contention. They argue that the Supreme Court’s decision in a separate case granting Mr. Trump wide protections for official acts as president applies to the documents proceeding.
As part of their effort, the lawyers asked Judge Cannon to put the documents case almost entirely on hold as she grappled with the question of immunity.
In a brief order on Saturday, Judge Cannon told prosecutors in the office of the special counsel, Jack Smith, that they had until July 18 to respond to Mr. Trump’s request for a broad delay. In the meantime, she pushed back two approaching deadlines in the case related to filings about expert witnesses the two sides plan to introduce at trial and to the defense’s obligation to provide discovery information to the government.

The postponement of the two deadlines was likely to cause only minor delays to the documents case, which has already been slowed to a crawl by Judge Cannon’s previous decisions. The judge has not yet set a date for Mr. Trump and his two co-defendants to go on trial. Because she is still mulling a host of unresolved legal issues, it is exceedingly unlikely that the case will go in front of a jury before the election in November.

Last edited:
laughter.gif

Curious. I'm not the most religious man there ever was. But wife wife was watching Flashpoint on ROKU a few weeks ago, and one of the pastors was prophesying. He was saying how God was going to "move across the land" and these trials would "come to naught", or something to that effect..

Right at 7:50 in the video...

FlashPoint: The Trump Verdict, God & Prophecy (May 30th 2024) - FlashPoint

Last edited:
Fighting lawfare with lawfare?

The immunity decision ( for all presidents ) must have young Jackie Smith beside himself.

A federal judge on Saturday postponed a few deadlines in former President Donald J. Trump’s classified documents case to allow prosecutors time to respond to his request for a broader pause in the wake of the Supreme Court’s ruling this week on executive immunity.
On Friday, lawyers for Mr. Trump asked Judge Aileen M. Cannon, who is overseeing the case, for permission to file additional papers to bolster their immunity contention. They argue that the Supreme Court’s decision in a separate case granting Mr. Trump wide protections for official acts as president applies to the documents proceeding.
As part of their effort, the lawyers asked Judge Cannon to put the documents case almost entirely on hold as she grappled with the question of immunity.
In a brief order on Saturday, Judge Cannon told prosecutors in the office of the special counsel, Jack Smith, that they had until July 18 to respond to Mr. Trump’s request for a broad delay. In the meantime, she pushed back two approaching deadlines in the case related to filings about expert witnesses the two sides plan to introduce at trial and to the defense’s obligation to provide discovery information to the government.

The postponement of the two deadlines was likely to cause only minor delays to the documents case, which has already been slowed to a crawl by Judge Cannon’s previous decisions. The judge has not yet set a date for Mr. Trump and his two co-defendants to go on trial. Because she is still mulling a host of unresolved legal issues, it is exceedingly unlikely that the case will go in front of a jury before the election in November.

OMG the Libnutts will be enraged

The whole bunch of lawfare trials is a house of cards.
Once again, I'm not the most religious man there ever was, but it almost appears as if God is using Donald Trump to show how powerful he is. He has used far worse men and women to fulfill His plans in the past.

Like it says in the Bible in Romans 8:31, "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"

Well Done Judge Cannon.
Keep showing those Libtards that you are in FACT 'Bought and Paid For'

Once upon a time......Judge was Impartial. No Political Bias.
NOT TODAY.
NOT TODAY.
NOT TODAY.
NOT TODAY.
NOT TODAY.
NOT TODAY.
NOT TODAY.

You, your party, nor does your government doesn't control history. All the prosecutors in the country can't stand in the way of of what a higher than you power has pre-ordained. You're now sitting poised to witness an event over which you have no control, and all the judges in the world don't have the power to change what has been decided from the day God created this universe.

Last edited:
That'll only make him stronger.
I think they will, and they have a solution to get rid of Biden and blame it on MAGA and Martial

law and coming for the guns and all kinds of stuff. I started a thread about it.

Not going to get too into it here. Why would any MAGA not want Biden to stay right where he is, hmm?

He's the gift that keeps on giving, baby! :D

I think they will, and they have a solution to get rid of Biden and blame it on MAGA and Martial

law and coming for the guns and all kinds of stuff. I started a thread about it.

Not going to get too into it here. Why would any MAGA not want Biden to stay right where he is, hmm?

At this point, anything could happen. All we can do is have faith that the Big Man upstairs knows what He's doing.

How cool is it to have a front row seat to the unfolding of history?

Last edited:
Once again, I'm not the most religious man there ever was, but it almost appears as if God is using Donald Trump to show how powerful he is. He has used far worse men and women to fulfill His plans in the past.

Like it says in the Bible in Romans 8:31, "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"
Trump as a modern day Gideon seems a bit of a stretch, but OK.

Trump as a modern day Gideon seems a bit of a stretch, but OK.

I don't view Trump as any kind of a "holy man" or something. Even he most likely doesn't understand that he's just a minor player in God's plan, as are we all.

Think about this: Look how God used Stalin to help end the worst war this world has ever seen. That's just how He works.

Too many people think that criminal organizations like the dimocrap scum party are run by intelligent people.

They are not. They are simply ruthless and brazen.

Point being --They're not that smart. Like every other criminal organization, they end up out-smarting themselves. Every time.

I hope they put OMB in Jail. If he can't run, DeSantis will. And he don't play. He is everything Trump wants to be but isn't. And RDS would bring a kickass organization with him. Remember, he took on the biggest Media Empire in the world and kicked their asses. Folks...... That's almost impossible. It's never been done before. Ever. And with OMB in Jail, he'd have a free hand to start locking these criminal dimocrap scum up -- Permanently

As the Judge, if she can come up with a reason, it is her call.

If is a blue sweep in the fall, the Dems may defund her court and her salary next year.

Forum List

Back